I know it's meant as a compliment...

They looked mortified and were really apologetic but laughed when they realised I found it funny.

i sometimes actually find it to be quite rude. some people dont try to be nice about it.. When i was pregnant, my auntie and mum was stood rubbing my belly (as they always did) and someoen turned to her friend and said 'ohh that poor girl, how is she going to manage school AND a baby, i wonder what her mother thinks'.. well first of all i work as im too old for school, secondly my mum is stood rubbing and talking to my belly of corse shes excited and proud and thirdly, you could have asked my age before being so rude...

at my friends little boys naming ceremony, her mums friend turned to her and said OH MY whos that little girl thats just walked in pushing a pram, its not her baby is it. so my frined laughed and said yeah it is why.. ooo well shes far too young to have a baby...

then a few week back i was walking home from the doctors and pushing the pram, a bloke on the other side of the road said 'pls dont take this to offense but you look quite young to be pushing that pram' my reply was 'well i didnt think they had a age limit and put it this way, im old enough to be his mum'.. bet that left him wondering..

it more annoys me when people just assume straight away your about 12 rather than ask first, and theres seriously no need for the patronizing looks i get even after i tell my age, as if im lying...
i guess it just pees me off cos im so used to it, but to be honest it makes me quite insecure sometimes x

Honestly I think you're all lucky. Nobody ever thinks I'm younger than I am, or if they do they don't say it!

This is me and my lot (photo from March)

10011583_491986967594803_351539671_o.jpg

slightly more recent pic of me with the youngest two

1899798_531164947010338_367187007020714131_o.jpg

Sometimes people are a little rude about me having 4 kids, just because they think that's a lot of kids, but nobody ever thinks I'm too young for having had them though.

Kind of depressing really. I wish I looked young. Maybe not 14, but I wouldn't mind if a few years were shaved off!

I think you look young- lot younger than me! hehe. :winkwink:

They looked mortified and were really apologetic but laughed when they realised I found it funny.

That story cracked me up- when I was 26, I was working for an insurance company, and at a building across the street for training- and a bunch of teenagers (from the high school up the road) got into the elevator and the security guard told them to "get back to class" then looked at me and said "you too!"- I was like, um, I'm 26 not 16!!! :haha: He looked a bit shocked- but let me get to my training.

i sometimes actually find it to be quite rude. some people dont try to be nice about it.. When i was pregnant, my auntie and mum was stood rubbing my belly (as they always did) and someoen turned to her friend and said 'ohh that poor girl, how is she going to manage school AND a baby, i wonder what her mother thinks'.. well first of all i work as im too old for school, secondly my mum is stood rubbing and talking to my belly of corse shes excited and proud and thirdly, you could have asked my age before being so rude...

at my friends little boys naming ceremony, her mums friend turned to her and said OH MY whos that little girl thats just walked in pushing a pram, its not her baby is it. so my frined laughed and said yeah it is why.. ooo well shes far too young to have a baby...

then a few week back i was walking home from the doctors and pushing the pram, a bloke on the other side of the road said 'pls dont take this to offense but you look quite young to be pushing that pram' my reply was 'well i didnt think they had a age limit and put it this way, im old enough to be his mum'.. bet that left him wondering..

it more annoys me when people just assume straight away your about 12 rather than ask first, and theres seriously no need for the patronizing looks i get even after i tell my age, as if im lying...
i guess it just pees me off cos im so used to it, but to be honest it makes me quite insecure sometimes x

I don't think some people have ANY concept of age- or even think things through. You should see the looks my SD (who's 17 now) get's when she's holding her sister... I just fluff it off, cause they are idiots! :haha: But one time my hubby and SD and LO went to the store- and the clerk kinda looked at them funny and asked if they were "together"-- OMG... My hubby was shocked and just said, um- no, these are both my daughters! He doesn't look much younger than he is (he's 40yrs as well)- and obviously his oldest is very young... just so ridic how some people brains work- and that they would SAY anything is even more ridic. But- I guess, at least they get an answer... eesh.

Just think of it this way hun- people will be rude and can wallow in their own silliness- but you will always look younger and better ;) buahaha

I get this a lot. I'm technically a mature student (25) but when on placement I often get asked if my dad's coming to pick me up, if my mum made my lunch etc etc... I also get "that young lass isn't looking after me, she's not old enough to look after herself"

Also when I tell people OH and I have been together for 9 years this year they say "oh I don't think it counts if it's since primary school" we were 17 and 19 when we got together...

Oh and recently I got pulled over by the police while driving my OH's new car because I "looked far too young to be driving a brand new Audi and must've stolen it". Not impressed didn't cover it really!

On the flip side my little brothers teacher thought I was his mum for about 2 years (15 year age gap) - my step mum was NOT impressed! X

I'm 33 and get this a lot, i always take it as a compliment. Except at work though, I have a senior position and have been asked a lot by clients how long I've been working/how much experience I have, when I say 13 years they usually look shocked. Recently someone called at my home during the day to try and sell something and when I answered the door they asked if my mum was in :haha:

Honestly I think you're all lucky. Nobody ever thinks I'm younger than I am, or if they do they don't say it!

This is me and my lot (photo from March)

10011583_491986967594803_351539671_o.jpg

slightly more recent pic of me with the youngest two

1899798_531164947010338_367187007020714131_o.jpg

Sometimes people are a little rude about me having 4 kids, just because they think that's a lot of kids, but nobody ever thinks I'm too young for having had them though.

Kind of depressing really. I wish I looked young. Maybe not 14, but I wouldn't mind if a few years were shaved off!

I think you look young- lot younger than me! hehe. :winkwink:

how old are you chica?

I'm 30, and I think people probably assume I'm older than that even.

Last year I had some new perfume on and my husband said 'you smell nice', and then ruined it by saying 'you smell just like a sausage roll'. What?! He didn't seem to understand why I didn't take it as a compliment. He kept saying 'but I love sausage rolls! They smell so nice!' :dohh:

I am often told that I like much younger than I am which is nice but at almost 28 with two kids I don't want to be told that I look like a teen.

I also had a coworker tell me that I used to look great when I got dressed up... Well gee thanks, apparently I look like shit now.

Last year I had some new perfume on and my husband said 'you smell nice', and then ruined it by saying 'you smell just like a sausage roll'. What?! He didn't seem to understand why I didn't take it as a compliment. He kept saying 'but I love sausage rolls! They smell so nice!' :dohh:

haha hubby gave me a hug once and asked what lovely perfume I was wearing, I told him it was chicken fajitas for dinner...

Last year I got ID'd for beer in tesco. She looked doubly embarrassed when I told her I was 28 and pointed out it was non-alcoholic!

I also had someone come to the door and ask if my mum or dad were in, I said they didn't live there but I could ring and find out and watched the slow realisation. He shoved a leaflet at me and swiftly left :)

I am 36 and quite young looking. It's not been too long since I was last ID'd. I love the look on faces when they realise they've ID'd someone who's old enough to have an 18 year old child never mind be 18 themselves lol :)

A few years ago I answered the door to a salesman for him to ask if my mum or dad were in?! Erm no :saywhat:

Oh glad I'm not the only one LoveCakes :haha:

I got told once 'oh, you're quite clever really.' I'm not sure which way to take that - either I said something incredibly brilliant and completely amazed him, or I sound dumb most of the time?

I get this all the time!! one guy actually stopped me for a good 5 minutes, saying oh my god there not your kids! They can't be, you look about 14, wow there your kids, I can't believe it" over and over again then as he was walking away he told some other stranger in the shop "look that girl has 2 kids and she looks 14, guess how old she is??"
I was polite to him but it does get annoying when I get it once or twice a week!
Any person who comes to my door asks if my mum is in, I'm more shocked if they don't know!
I always say "I'm not sure, shall I call her and ask?" Or if its a salesman and I can't be bothered with them I just say "no she is out, won't be back till tonight" ha ha!

When I started my new job 2 years ago I was asked if I had just finished school (implying I was 16..) I told her I finished school about 7 years ago...
Im always told I look young and I take it as a compliment and I'm told quite often I'm too young to have 2 but I do find it a little insulting when they think I'm a teen as usually I'm spoken down too a little which is what gets me.

I also had someone knock on my own door and ask if my mum or dad were in? I said I dunno you will have to go round and find out!

I have had most of these scenarios, and mil was mistaken for mine and ds mum when we went out shopping.
I'm going to be 27 next month still get asked for I.D. I get the are your parents home a lot.
At work (colleagues to start with though I was 19 ) and customers ask me what I study at college/uni.
I get shocked looks when I say I've got a nearly 3 year old, married 5 years, homeowner etc etc.
Xx

Oh yes I got that too at my last job. "what are you studying at college?" :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->