I lost my baby today

I am so sorry for your loss. I had two late 1st tri losses which were hard. I cant imagine what u r going thru. Please know u r in my thoughts. :hugs: x

These days are going so slowly and this haze seems to follow me. I have a 17 month old that I have to take care of and it hurts so bad when I see her and know that she will not ever meet her baby brother.

I don't know if i can go through pregnancy again. We always knew we wanted two children but now I have to face the fact that we may only have one. I would be terrified to get pregnant again, especially after having a miscarriage so late. Instead of the 12 week wait it would become the 40 week wait. I would be on pins and needles the entire time never being able to fully appreciate it.

At least that's what I think now.

We're going to get him cremated and his ashes made into a glass memento. There are a lot of people who do it and the stuff they make is so beautiful. We need to have him here with us, not buried somewhere in a baby mass grave.

melany - give yourself some time to grieve and don't make any plans about the future - take it day by day, and look after yourself and your LO (and OH, too!) I had a successful pregnancy after a miscarriage (not the same, I know) and it was very hard, almost holding my breath for 36wks (he was born early due to my pre-eclampsia, but he was always healthy, and is now a lively, slightly demented 2 year old+).

Treat yourself gently....

best wishes

I know exactly how you feel, Melany. I have been wandering in a fog for the last 3 weeks and the fog is just as thick. I keep waiting to wake up from this nightmare, I still feel fathom baby kicks and everything reminds me of her. There is no escape yet.

We had Emma cremated as well and she is with us now. I couldn't have her anywhere else. The thought of another pregnancy terrifies me, but I also know that the gaping hole her death has left me with can only be somewhat soothed with another baby. Time will tell.

I hope we all start healing soon. {{{Hugs}}}

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my son last month due to preterm labor and gave birth to him alive and watched him strugglle for his life and pass away in my arms. There are no words to make the pain go away it has been a little over a month for me and everyday is still a struggle. Just know we are here for you if you ever need to talk
Xxxxxxx
Lacie

I am so sorry for your loss and can completely relate. My beautiful baby girl was born sleeping 6 days ago. I was 22 weeks+5. I too was afraid of what she may look like. The midwife took her to one side to clean her up and slowly described her to me, counting her fingers and toes etc. She then handed her to me wrapped in a blanket my mum had made, and we had her with us for around 24 hours. It was the hardest saddest time of my life, yet I felt so proud that I had made something so beautiful and holding her in my arms felt amazing. I know it's hard, but I'm sure you will be glad you've seen your little baby. Thinking of you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->