I made it!!!!!

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
40 Weeks today!!! Wooooooo :happydance:

Its so strange........he should be here!!!

Can't wait for someone to say 'when are you due?' TODAY!!!! Wooooo!!!

Going for second sweep today so hopefully might start something off!!!

Yey, yey, yey.....I made it!!

:happydance:

*curls toes at sweep* anyway lol good luck hun :cloud9:

:happydance: Anytime Now. Im so happy for you ... :hugs:

40 Weeks today!!! Wooooooo :happydance:

Its so strange........he should be here!!!

Can't wait for someone to say 'when are you due?' TODAY!!!! Wooooo!!!

Going for second sweep today so hopefully might start something off!!!

Yey, yey, yey.....I made it!!

Congrats! It's a lovely feeling isn't it! Well I made it to 40-weeks yesterday and still NOTHING! :( Still, get my first membrane sweep today. Maybe that'll help bring things along.

Congrats! It's a lovely feeling isn't it! Well I made it to 40-weeks yesterday and still NOTHING! :( Still, get my first membrane sweep today. Maybe that'll help bring things along.

Fingers crossed for both of us then!!! I have a feeling that mine wont work again........I dunno why its just a strange feeling I've got!!!

My OH keeps saying 'not long now' I keep telling him to be quiet cos it just feels like its never going to happen! Then he says 'well, put it this way he'll defo be here in 11 days!!' I've warned him if he says it again he'll be visiting the hospital himself..........at this stage even tomorrow feels like a month away!!

I'm waiting for the phone calls & text's today......I get them everyday but I'm expecting a few more people to join the list today........'its your due date, where's your baby then?'

Grrrrrrr!!!

Good Luck with your sweep Gill!

xx

pssst....Wobb's a sweep really isn’t that bad. I'm very particular about "what" happens to me and I never thought I'd be practically begging for one! I don't even like having to stand in a bra having my chest listened to by the Doctor let alone volunteering to whip my pants off and having another person...ahem....I’ll say no more!!!:blush:

lol! Well, I'm not too anxious, all things considered! I had a feeling I'd definitely go overdue anyway, so kinda expected to still be sitting here still pregnant, past my due date. Oh!!! I just HATE all the phone calls, especially from people who haven't contacted me at all during the entire pregnancy, and yet yesterday on my due date, I was getting calls from people I barely even know! I told my fiancé 'I wish everyone would go away and let me ring them if there is news'. I've got to the stage where I kinda just want to be left alone by family and friends until I decide to contact them. You know? Maybe I'm just being weird, but after the 6th phone call yesterday, I was GRRRRR. It took me 4 hours to clean out my birdcage because kept being interrupted by people ringing me! My birds were scolding me! :) Let me know how today goes. :) I'll keep you updated too.

Good luck Lil_Baby_boo and Gillian!

I had a sweep at 3 days over with my DD and my hind waters broke that afternoon then I went into labour that night!

Curries, curries, curries, sex sex sex!!

Fingers crossed hun and woo hoo ur 40 weeks!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Good luck Lil_Baby_boo and Gillian!

I had a sweep at 3 days over with my DD and my hind waters broke that afternoon then I went into labour that night!

Curries, curries, curries, sex sex sex!!

Your hind waters broke? What does that mean??? Did you have to stay in hospital when your waters went?

Ouch......ouch......ouch......Sweep hurt!!!

She reached my cervix & baby's head said I'm 2cm dialated! Was griping hold of the bed for dear life thinking 'if this hurts this bad.....OMG what is real baby pain going to feel like!?'

She said to keep preasure on my cervix, I'm assuming going on my ball & walking......is there anything else I can do?

She said my cervix might just go back up tho as she'd managed to pull it forward quite a bit?

Something definately feels different "inside" maybe its just my imagination?

Fingers crossed!!

fingers crossed hun! i reccomend ball!

I just HATE all the phone calls, especially from people who haven't contacted me at all during the entire pregnancy, and yet yesterday on my due date, I was getting calls from people I barely even know! I told my fiancé 'I wish everyone would go away and let me ring them if there is news'. I've got to the stage where I kinda just want to be left alone by family and friends until I decide to contact them. You know? Maybe I'm just being weird, but after the 6th phone call yesterday, I was GRRRRR. It took me 4 hours to clean out my birdcage because kept being interrupted by people ringing me! My birds were scolding me! :) Let me know how today goes. :) I'll keep you updated too.

I know what you mean....the calls the texts and people you aint spoken to for ages popping up! Grrr!!!
My Mum & MIL go in to full panic mode if I don't text them back or I/we don't answer the phone (most of the time its unplugged anyway!)
MIL has been round here two nights in a row and I'm just wondering if she's doing it to kind of 'spy?' I know that sounds awful but I'd just like to be left alone......its like people are affraid of missing out on something!
We've decided that were not going to tell anyone when I do go in to labour as we don't want 10 million people on the phone or popping around every ten mins! We're just going to call people when he's arrived and have visitors at the hosp and then just "us" for the first few days at home!

This sounds awful but I've just told my mum that I don't think the sweep will work and I'll say the same to MIL too! I'd rather we were just left alone to "get on with it" so if they think that its going to work they'll be on the phone every 2 mins or worse coming round!
My mum was saying yesterday......'I'm waiting for you to call and say your in Labour so I can leave work and come round!' and I'm thinking unless my feelings change when I'm in labour then I'll not be calling or should I say OH won't be calling until we're at the hospital and he's about to be born or until he is born!

I feel really bad for wanting it to be our experience and I wouldn't like OH to feel pushed out if my mum was trying to do everything for me.....I know that she means well but I feel it would be really unfair for OH to miss out on little things like....rubbing my back, getting me a drink, running me a bath etc!

Am I just evil?

No you're not. I feel exactly the same as you do. We're not planning on telling anyone when I go into labour either. When my sister had my nephew, I gave her 24 hours in hospital before visiting so she could rest, then I popped in to give her a presant, and say hello to her new baby, and then after that I waited another week before visiting her again at home to give her time to adjust. And she's my only sibling, and this is my only nephew, but she got tortured by everyone else! Personally, I think it's bad manners to be hassling people about to have a baby. People may be excited about the new baby, but they should have the common sense to realise that this is not their experience, it's the mother's and father's. But it's tricky because as you say, a lot of people do mean well.

I don't want anyone around me during labour except my fiancé and the midwives, and to be honest I'd really like 24 hours to rest before having any visitors in hospital, apart from my fiancé of course. And then I'd like the first week at home without visitors either. But I know that's not going to happen. People make out they want to come round to 'help' you, but really they are just a burden. You have to make them cups of tea, have cakes and buns in for them, make sure the house is spotless. You have to be tidy looking, and you can't just go to bed when you're tired. The baby will be handed from one person to another all the time so you can't even begin a routine. In my opinion, your feelings are totally normal. Don't tell anyone about the baby until you are ready for visitors. Don't let anyone ruin the experience for you because they don't have the manners to give you and your new baby time to say hello to each other!

Ohhh!! My post sounds so strong. It's just that I'm in exactly the same position as you right now, and I'm becoming frustrated with the sudden attention from people I'm getting, people who have never bothered to ask how I am up until this point! It seems that they don't care about me or my fiancé or how we feel. All they are interested in is seeing my baby asap, and it annoys me. Grrr! It also annoys me when I'm speaking to people who keep saying 'rest now, because you won't get to rest when the baby arrives' and then laugh. That really annoys me too. Ohhh I'm in such a bad mood. I think it's because I'm afraid of this sweep this afternoon!

I'm having a home birth so I won't even be able to use visiting hours as an excuse to get rid of people. Having said that my family's quite good about not coming round or calling (or at least they were with my sister), it's my friends that will drive me mad. Barry's getting orders to guard the door and unplug the phone when I'm in labour, labour goes on for days in my family so he'll have to be quite firm. lol

How exciting, will be ready birth stories galore soon!!
Good luck to you all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->