I made it!

Dill

Reaction score
28w4d today, and pleased as punch that I've made it into the third trimester. :happydance: I can't believe I'm already here! And holy cow, my baby shower is in a week and a half!!! I feel so unprepared. :wacko:

Congrats! I still haven't had my baby shower yet. Had a big baby shower for my first at my house, which is nice because you don't have to haul all your stuff home, but it was a lot of planning. She's only 1.5 and we're having another girl so we already have all the basic essentials. We bought another crib.. I could use another diaper genie, a bigger diaper bag and some newborn sized diapers, wipes, etc. but that's really about it. Hoping my mom or my sister put one together because I've had no time!

Is this your first? Do you know what you're having?

I've been lucky enough to have a coworker organize my shower. Thank goodness, because things have been absolutely crazy lately (everything that could be going wrong has, except my marriage, thankfully) and I would never have a shower if I had to do it myself! The only downside is that a second coworker is hosting it at her house, which is 50 miles or so from where we live ... so we will definitely be stuck hauling stuff! We've got some basics (a bedside sleeper, some clothes, some dipes and wipes) but really don't have anything else. We had some MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR unexpected expenses crop up in the last two months and it's turned our world upside-down, so we aren't nearly as prepared as we'd hoped.

This is our first, and it's a boy. We've been lucky enough to know the gender since the first trimester, thanks to the Panorama test, which really helped us as far as bargain-shopping for used goodies over the summer. :)

Hi Dill, I havent seen you on in a while! Congrats on being in the 3rd tri! I recently came on over as well ;) we are having a boy as well, its our 3rd child but 1st boy, we are so excited! My baby shower is planned for the 28th of this month, I cant believe how quick its going by now!!!

Life has just been so hectic, not a lot of time for B&B! I've missed everyone!!!

Mine's on the 29th, we're just a day apart. Congrats on your first boy! It's super exciting. :D

DILL 😁😁 Awww congrats on reaching 3rd tri I remember you from ttc 🙈 how awesome is it were over halfway there not long left hope your keeping well 😁 xox

Hi, Jamie! LTNS! Glad to see you're doing well in the 3rd tri, too. It is totally crazy to think that we've got less than 12 weeks to go. :D

Hi Dill! I remember you from the 2ww. Congratulations on being in 3rd tri!!
Hope you are feeling well and that it goes by quick for you :)

Sorry to hear about your recent expenses, hopefully you get everything you need at your baby shower. I splurged on a few things, mostly just for fun, but I honestly didn't have to buy much. My sister has a girl just 6 months older than my first she she's basically been handing down clothes as she grows out of them and she's a bit of a shop-a-holic so it's usually more than enough! We got a swing, pack and play and travel system at the baby shower. For her first birthday we got a bigger car seat that converts to a booster so she's all set there for awhile. Second hand baby stuff is the way to go! Kids grow out of stuff so fast so they're generally lightly used and people just want to get rid of them. I just went out a got a kids play kitchen last night $5! Score :)

Yeah, we've been doing the second-hand thing for everything we've personally purchased so far. Even used items fetch a high price up here, but we've received some generous gifts from a few friends, too, and I just found out that the most expensive item on the registry is being purchased for us by my father's side of the family (they all pitched in to buy us the travel system of our dreams!)

I'm sure we'll have the items we need by the time baby comes, I just feel like we're behind on getting the house ready. Hopefully we'll get the bulk of it ironed out soon.

And I've been so tired again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->