I miss being pregnant...

Simon'sMum

Reaction score
I feel like I've been carrying a ton of bricks on my heart and hope that if you've been through this you'll be able to share your advice...

I became pregnant quickly after my loved one and I decided that we were ready start a family. From day 1, things went amazingly well. There was never a nauseous moment, never a complication, never a scare of any sort, not a stretch mark, not a varicose vein, no swellling. All those pregnant weeks went by like a breeze.

I felt so good (like never before actually!) that my labor began without me noticing much. I thought it was only Braxton-Hicks but turned out to be nearly 5 cm dilated at 36 weeks sharp. Within a few hours it was nearly 7 cm and baby Simon was born without an epidural or any medication, and as we wished, daddy was the one to welcome him into the world.

I should be grateful, right???

I am, but I've also been missing being pregnant since the birth of my first little one, now 3 months old. I miss my big belly, I miss the kicks, I miss looking so cute in all my materinty outfits, I miss the anticipation of the birth. It all went too fast and though our home was perfectly ready, my mind wasn't. I feel like after being pregnant for 36 weeks, it became my identity. Now I feel regrets for what I didn't get to do, guilt for giving birth early and like I wish my sweet little boy could be back in my belly again.

Has this happened to you? What could I do to overcome this? I am sooo grateful for having a healthy child, I am generally very happy but can't get over this one issue. It's embarassing to talk about since I fear people will think I don't appreciate what I had and most especially have.

Can you help???

Thank you for your help...

Simon's Mum

:hugs: Awe......I have not been pregnant yet but I have heard this same thing with alot of the girls here. I think it is perfectly normal to feel the way you are feeling. :hugs:

Welcome to BnB:hi:

:hi: welcome to baby & bump!

I know where you are coming from, especially after my first baby I really missed being pregnant, I hated it and as you said it became your identity, but it does get better! I think it is because it is your first time and it is all so scary that once we have actually got our baby, it really wasn't as scary as we thought and we feel we missed out enjoying it all.

After having my 2nd this year, I still miss being pregnant, but nothing like the first time around, and I must say, I enjoyed the 2nd pregnancy much more.

I also felt weird whenever I went out without my pram, I know that sounds strange, but that ended up like my security blanket as I had piled lots of weight on.......but again, this time round, it is not a big deal!

Just give yourself time hun, it is all new and one hell of a thing for us to go thru. :hugs:x

I feel like I've been carrying a ton of bricks on my heart and hope that if you've been through this you'll be able to share your advice...

I became pregnant quickly after my loved one and I decided that we were ready start a family. From day 1, things went amazingly well. There was never a nauseous moment, never a complication, never a scare of any sort, not a stretch mark, not a varicose vein, no swellling. All those pregnant weeks went by like a breeze.

I felt so good (like never before actually!) that my labor began without me noticing much. I thought it was only Braxton-Hicks but turned out to be nearly 5 cm dilated at 36 weeks sharp. Within a few hours it was nearly 7 cm and baby Simon was born without an epidural or any medication, and as we wished, daddy was the one to welcome him into the world.

I should be grateful, right???

I am, but I've also been missing being pregnant since the birth of my first little one, now 3 months old. I miss my big belly, I miss the kicks, I miss looking so cute in all my materinty outfits, I miss the anticipation of the birth. It all went too fast and though our home was perfectly ready, my mind wasn't. I feel like after being pregnant for 36 weeks, it became my identity. Now I feel regrets for what I didn't get to do, guilt for giving birth early and like I wish my sweet little boy could be back in my belly again.

Has this happened to you? What could I do to overcome this? I am sooo grateful for having a healthy child, I am generally very happy but can't get over this one issue. It's embarassing to talk about since I fear people will think I don't appreciate what I had and most especially have.

Can you help???

Thank you for your help...

Simon's Mum

ive been feeling almost depressed because i miss it so much i didnt enjoy a second of it as i felt v sick all the way thru but since my LO was born ive been even iller feeling 10 times worse and now have a baby to look after too. i miss being pregnant so much being able to eat what i want and laze around all day i find looking after her totally overwhelming sometimes and especially as she doesnt sleep thru im exhausted. i know i have to wait to be pregnant again as im v ill and cant imagine having a 1 yr old and a newborn but roll on 5 yrs when i can be an expectant mother again!

I understand. I had my baby at 36.3 weeks, I wasnt ready for my pregnancy to end. I want to be pregnant again but its just not practical atm :( x

For the first few weeks I really missed my bump (although of course I adore my little one). Its a very weird feeling, I wish I had taken more time to enjoy my pregnancy instead of rushing around and trying to do everything I usually did.

This is more common than you realise. My baby is over 3 months old and I still desperately miss being pregnant. I felt 'phantom kicks' about 2 weeks pp and I cried and cried. It gets easier... eventually you just fondly remember your bump without tears.

I miss my tummy too! WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I just got some bump photos developed and it made me weepy. What a joy it was, and what a incredible joy my daughter is now outside my belly. I can only hope that I will be lucky enough to have another one someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->