i miss wine :-(

Tanikins

mum to 1
Reaction score
Well dont i sound like an alcoholic :haha: but i do. I miss having a glass of wine with my tea. Having a real shitty 11hrs at work and destressing over a glass of rose.

All these xmas gatherings sober. Buckfizz, baileys, champagne xmas day.

Whos idea was a dry christmas

Roll on aug - when hopefully im breastfeeding and still cant drink :haha: .

Babies in bad books already :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I also missed a nice med-rare steak at 'spoons. That also made me sad.

God damn these heightened emotions

It's ok to miss alcohol! I find myself craving a nice fizzy glass of prosecco especially around Christmas. Sometimes after a hard day at work or with the kids I just need a glass to unwind but I won't drink anything when pregnant.

I've done it twice before and it's all totally worth it but it's ok to miss the things you can't have. Doesn't mean your an alcoholic!

i know of at least one woman who was okayed by her doctor to have 1 glass of wine with dinner throughout her entire pregnancy. of course its better to be safe, but your doctor may say its ok to have 1 glass once in a while

I will probs have a glass here and there but wanna get to 12 weeks 1st

I miss wine...and beer... Last night our neighbours dropped off some beer for a favour we had done for them... I looked at it longingly. Normally I feel so nauseous I have no cravings but for some reason that beer was calling to me last night ;) Didn't have any but so badly wanted to crack one!

My boss and all my co-workers are buying me wine for xmas. Geeee thanks guys :haha:

A few weeks ago I had a terrible craving for a glass for about a week. Seems to have gone now along with my sanity..too many nauseous weeks XD

I am missing a lovely cold glass of White Zinfandel :shrug:
Hubs brought me home a bottle of Celebration Schloer Soft drink the other day, It comes in a champagne bottle and it kinda tasted winey? I enjoyed it whilst putting up the Christmas decorations anyway, even though it was fizzy. :haha: I dont drink much at all, maybe a glass of wine every friday or Saturday at best, but not being able to have that glass does make you want to enjoy one even more

Yep, I've been feeling the same. Funnily enough, I don't normally drink. We're talking maybe a drink or two a month, literally, but now that I can't, I miss it. :haha:

That said, I will definitely stay clear. There has just been a study published where they linked lower levels of alcohol consumption to things like adhd, saying that in effect they're just watered down versions of foetal alcohol syndrome. Definitely not worth the risk in my book.

I might have to go and investigate alcohol free options soon though...

Gosh I have been missing my wine 😭 I have searched on the Internet like a mad woman trying to find non alcoholic wine that's still tastes like wine! I miss my merlot boo hoo!

I had some delightful non alcoholic Champagne that didn't taste like sparkling grape juice last week which was divine so def getting some of that for xmas. Have managed to find me some non alcoholic white wine and a rosé alas no red wine. It will have to do!

I basically dictate exactly what DH orders to drink, and then a I go ahead an steal a sip or two. My doctor (myself as well) is one that has a more relaxed attitude towards alcohol. Once I'm out of first tri, I go ahead and have a small glass of wine or beer with a meal once or twice a week if I'm craving it.

I had a weekend away a couple of weeks ago that had been planned for months. It was supposed to be an all out boozy bender....obvs not for me! We stayed at a friends aunts house and she made me a drink of Bottlegreen pomegranate and elderflower cordial with soda and a wedge of lime and it was SO yummy I didn't miss booze at all!

On christmas day i might have a small bucks fizz or prosecco with orange juice in, sainsburys non alcoholic rose and white is not too bad, also for beer, becks blue tastes just like normal lager. When i go out i can smell peoples wine and it makes me crave it!

I miss a lovely cabernet sauvignon or merlot. Non alcoholic wine just doesn't tcut it ...tastes like schloer :cry: I think there's a nice sparkling wine non alcoholic from m&s....going to search that out

Love Becks blue but I think it gives me a headache

I always get a craving for an ice cold beer! Got it last pregnancy too. Will defo miss my sparkling wine over christmas, will need to make do with schloer :(

I am also craving pate with crackers, always have it on xmas day and I usually snack on it on xmas night too in front of the telly. Gutted!!

Oh the other day I had a glass of lemonade and because my taste buds are out of whack it tasted like a martini!!

If you're in the UK, get to Tesco. They do a good alcohol free wine called Eisberg.

I like to make a spritzer with a smidge of diet lemonade in the top.

It's refreshing and light and gives me that feeling of a nice glass after a long day. I even think I'll stick with it after baby as it doesn't give you a hangover!!

If you're in the UK, get to Tesco. They do a good alcohol free wine called Eisberg.

I like to make a spritzer with a smidge of diet lemonade in the top.

It's refreshing and light and gives me that feeling of a nice glass after a long day. I even think I'll stick with it after baby as it doesn't give you a hangover!!

Found it a little sweet and all red wine ones blleeeeuurrrghhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->