i need a diet buddy too

sparkle1

Reaction score
I need a diet buddy... would be nice to share some support. Is anyone up for it? i wanna start tomorrow & loose 2 ponds at least this week xx

Me? I just started today - and I'm miserable already because I know it's going to be slow.
I want to lose about 20lbs. yikes.

Hello Shri
thats brill.. my LO is the same age as your LO. I have about a stone to loose..its not much but its so hard. I keep snacking. Ive eaten so much this weekend & need to start a fresh tomorrow.
My plan is to have fruit for breakfast- a banana & grapes & tinned soup & yoghurt for lunch then chicken & veg for tea. Whats your plan?

Oh yay - that was a lucky match then!
My plan is to try not to snack on fattening things, and also to be mindful of not eating too much if I have had Oscar's left overs. Because it's all chopped up into bitesize pieces it seems like nothing but we have these veggie sausages that are 250 calories each - so if he doesn't eat his, and I do, and then I eat mine as well thats 500 calories just on a couple of sausages! LOL!

I'm not sure what to do about breakfast. It's a bit tricky because I eat with Oscar so I can't eat anything that he will want...unless it's ok for him to eat. So fruit is our lunchtime thing. For breakfast I might have ricecakes and fruit spread or marmite...but I'm always really hungry at around 11 then....

I'm a bit stuck on a plan to be honest. Was just going to try to be mindful about how many odd bits and bobs I pop into my mouth - like if he has a cracker, i will often have one too, which isn't that big a deal but it's more like this bad habit of perpetually eating snacky things. I hate dieting :cry:

well no snacking for both of us then. Im the same as you, im always eating more than I should. Chocolate & sweets are my weakness. I am an absolute chocaholic & can easily eat a full bar to myself. Im not going to have any chocolate all week & I may treat myself at the weekend?

Good luck for today & remember no veggie sausages...500 cals is quite a lot.
Im working today & i have just had a cup of coffee & a 90cal breakfast bar for my breakfast. I find it easier to eat well on the days I work...theres less temptation.

Do you exerise?

hi hun
I don't really exercize formally - I don't have time, seriously. LO keeps me busy. I am always totally knackered by 8.30...anyway, part of the reason to diet it to try to get my energy more balanced.

Not to bad today
I had weetabix with rice milk for brekkie, so filling but low calories
then a ferrero rocher :doh:
I have no will power.

BUT, I've told myself that I can have small little treats. This week I'm just going to try not to eat without thinking about what I am eating (ie not just absentmindedly stuff things into my mouth) and eat more slowly and mindfully and try to drink more water...
Next week I will hone it down a bit more. I used to be really brilliant, never ate any junk so never even craved it. So the plan is to try to curb my cravings. If I go cold turkey on things like chocolate, I get really ratty and cave in. I want to get back to feeling true hunger and stopping when I am full, not eating just for the sake of it etc.
When I was like that, I was able to maintain a really healthy weight and diet without having to think about it and my energy was much better. It's all about rebalance really.

How are you feeling today?

Hi Shri,
im not feeling to bad today. I feel quite positive. I went out for my best friends birthday last night. We had a curry & starters so i am going to be good today. I have just had a boiled egg & wholemeal toast for breakfast.
Do you plan to weigh yourself weekly? I think I will weigh myself once a week on a wed morning. I think I will record it on here??
I do exercise. I go to the gym twice a week if i am lucky & I really enjoy it. It increases my energy levels & helps me to sleep better. I have not been this week & I tend to not eat as well if I dont go so I am going to book some gym classes for next week as it help to keep me on track.
I do have a confession to make though...I went to see my friend for a coffee & I had a snickers & I snacked on the kids choc buttons too. So I NEED TO BE GOOD TODAY haha.
How are you?

p.s do you have muller corner youghurts in the USA? I find that they help me with my choc addiction and they only have about 100 cals in them. I think i will buy some today so I can have one of them on an eve & not a big bar of naughty choc!

Good luck

Oh that's funny, I just bought myself some yogurts to have instead of chocci too. there are some that really are 'puddingy' like caramel etc, but still low calories (relatively) still tons of sugar but at least it staves off the cravings a bit.

Not doing too bad, meals, I'm trying to bulk out the veg and salad parts - and really being strict about not eating Oscar's left overs and eating mine more slowly. I keep thinking about trying a gym...they have such expensive schemes locally though, but I do walk every day, out to get shopping and where we live has really steep hills so it's a little bit of work out daily.

I've also started to clean my teeth early in the evening so that I'm not so tempted to have one of OH's biccies etc after supper.

I'm still feeling hungry a lot though. So hoping my stomach will shrink a bit and also wondering about blood sugar...I used to eat a LOT of fruit but it's not good to have too much as it's still a sugar really.

I'm going to check out the pop corn today. haven't bought any for ages so need to read the packet info etc.

Hi Shri
how are you doing?
I have lost track this weekend and have decided that today it the start of my 'real' diet. I dont think I have been taking it too seriously and I want to start seeing results. Im going away in Sep and I want to feel nice in a bikini.
I have decided to write down what I eat and try & calorie count. I want to loose a just under a stone. I am going to record my weight loss on here every wed.
I have used 500cals so far today & im aiming for 1500-1600 cals per day.
If a stick to this it should be a slow weight loss of 2lbs per week which would be nice.
I also want to start eating healthier again. More veg & fruit in my diet.
So here is to a new start, from today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"