I need advice!

Kezzybear

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am really struggling emotionally with TTC. We've been trying for 7 months and I am finding that the emotional roller coaster is sending me crazy. It's putting strain on my relationship with my OH and turning me into a blubbing mess.

I know everyone says "stop thinking about it and you will fall pregnant" but I just don't know how to stop! It rules my life day to day, week to week, month to month..

Can anyone give me advice on how to chill out about it all? How to stop thinking about it? I've tried not ovulation testing, not checking my diary to find out what calendar day I'm on, having sex for fun etc and I still stress about it all.

It's ruining me emotionally, any advice is so appreciated

Thankyou in advance

Hi

I was a emotional mess and i took it out on my dh all the time - sometimes he would reassure me and sometimes just get annoyed and we would end up argueing - i accused him of all sorts. Its very easy for people to say dont think about it when it takes over your life and you feel like there is no end.

I think its perfectly normal what you are going through but try and maybe forget it all for a hour or 2 and go out for dinner (when i say forget i mean pretend you have for that time :haha:) its always in the back of your mind but sometimes its what you need as a couple.

Dont give up and dont think it wont ever happen - i was on cycle 9 going onto cycle 10 and had a doctors appointment to get clomid for cycle 10 when i found out that morning i was pregnant - There is no trick or rule but relax as much as you can in the circumstances. This one was concieved when i had given up getting pregnant naturally

I wish you all the luck

xxx

Thankyou Angie, I appreciate you taking time out to help me. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I'm going to organise a holiday away with my OH I think to try to relax a bit I think. It's so hard to chill out while doing the same thing day in day out

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy Hun xx

That's the problem we had - same thing day in day out and funny enough this baby was conceived on holiday - I don't think it was because I was less stressed but I think it was the change of scenery

Thanks - seems a long time to go yet:haha:

You welcome - I know how it feels

xxx

Hi I'm new to ttc but I've been waiting a long time and never stop tracking my cycles and reading things on here and just generally thinking about it all & what gives me a break is going to see family and friends as no one knows we are ttc so I can't talk about it so I find I relax a little as there's so much other things going on. I'm not sure if this could help you as I don't know your situation but just thought I'd share & see if it does help :) x

Thanks ladies, it's nice to have some support on here. I'm going to try to just relax, might start back at the gym again and see how I go. Good luck to you kt0326 xx

i am currently in the same boat! i am about to start cycle 5 of clomid with still no luck :( after trying for years. i thought i might be pregnant this time as i was spotting but no.. once again followed by my period ! its just so stressful !

I havent been trying as long as you have but I definitely have the same feelings! I can say that I have been lurking these boards for awhile, and oddly enough posting on here and getting advice from everyone does make me feel better! Especially when everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant! Hang in there!

PS: I work in a hospital and every time a baby is born these chimes go off throughout the entire hospital. This happens multiple times a day- talk about drive you insane when ttc!!!

I think at some point in our journey we ALL feel this way, but the key is to try nd find a way to push past these obsessed feelings (easier said than done, I no) I am a strong believer in positive thinking nd having faith that we will get our much wanted baby. I also believe that the mind is a very powerful tool, so if we have negative thoughts or being obsessed ect it will radiate through the rest of our body nd have a negative outcome. As soon as those thoughts enter ur mind about TTC try nd quickly turn ur focus onto something else even if it's for half an hour. It will get easier sweetie, it's so hard wen it's something we want so bad. When it's starting to effect ur relationship then u really need to take a step back. Making a baby is meant to b a beautiful thing between u nd ur partner, as is making love nd u dnt want all ur thoughts ruining that.

Good luck

Well, what has helped me is not trying to 'not think about ttc', but instead try to think about something else. If you have regular cycles, figure out when you BDing days will be and then stay away from the calendar. I started reading more, became obsessed with playing a game on my tablet, started a sewing project, etc. I always feel guilty when i start a project and don't work on it, so i started like 3 of them and couldn't handle the guilt of not working on any of them so it made me give up a little of my obsessing and concentrate on something else for a while.

The more you try to stop thinking about it altogether, the worse the obsessing will be. You have to allow yourself some time to think about it, but give yourself something else to deal with also.

hi ladies!
yeah it is really reassuring knowing that you are not the only one ! you start to feel like its just you and everyone else is getting pregnant :(
i have another month on clomid before i have to go back to see if it should be increased or try something new.
has clomid ever worked for anyone else here ?
wishing you all the luck :)
im sure it will happen
xx

hi ladies!
yeah it is really reassuring knowing that you are not the only one ! you start to feel like its just you and everyone else is getting pregnant :(
i have another month on clomid before i have to go back to see if it should be increased or try something new.
im sure it will happen
xx

I have done 12 rounds of clomid on nd off nd never got a BFP while on it. I am now on femara.

How long have you been on that now Hun ? My gyno said she might only put me on 6 months of clomid then try something else as I've had cysts on my ovaries before and you have to keep an eye on it.
Hopefully femara works for you :)

How long have you been on that now Hun ? My gyno said she might only put me on 6 months of clomid then try something else as I've had cysts on my ovaries before and you have to keep an eye on it.
Hopefully femara works for you :)

I have done 3 rounds of femara, but I am having a break this cycle, no other reason other than I made the decision to give my poor body a break lol We r still TTC this cycle just all natural tho. It's funny cause the month I had a break from clomid is the month I conceived our triplets.
I much prefer femara, as the side effects aren't like clomid nd it's a lot les harsh on ur body.

I have done 3 rounds of femara, but I am having a break this cycle, no other reason other than I made the decision to give my poor body a break lol We r still TTC this cycle just all natural tho. It's funny cause the month I had a break from clomid is the month I conceived our triplets.
I much prefer femara, as the side effects aren't like clomid nd it's a lot les harsh on ur body.
Ah that's great :) I was thinking of having a break before starting anything again...
I think sometimes your body does need a break lol sometimes that's when your most relaxed. Thank you it's so reassuring to hear as I've spoken to a few people who have got pregnant after just a few cycles ! Positive thinking :) x

Good luck sweetheart, feel free to chat to me anytime. Add me as a friend if u like

Thank you hun, it's so refreshing talking to people that are going through it too :) x

Thanks for the support ladies I really appreciate it! I am going to try to let it be for now. Maybe give myself a couple of months break from being TTC crazy! I have booked a holiday in a few weeks to chill out in the sunshine with my OH.
Good luck to you all!! Xxxxxx

Book something for several months away where it would be inconvenient for u to be pregnant! Ski holiday, beach holiday and buy a new bikini, a formal event with wine and a new dress etc. to give u some upside to AF showing each month, and also something else to look forward to! Plus whenever u book something, life seems to work against you, so trick it lol

hi ladies!
im sure it will happen
xx

I conceived my son on my first round of clomid 50mg, I didn't ovulate at all without it, I didn't really have any side effects on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->