I Need Advice!!

sunnylove

Reaction score
My son was in the NICU for 3 months so I started pumping since the day he was born. He has been home now for 1.5 months and he is 2 months old adjusted age and we finally transitioned to the breast literally over night. I said I was done expressing and feeding him bottles, and one day I just told myself I was not giving him a bottle, and I didn't, and he nursed all day! :thumbup:

We are on day 4 of exclusive breastfeeding and I've been worrying about him getting enough milk since I can't see the amount he's getting. He is having plenty of wet and poopy diapers - is that all I need to look out for? We don't have any type of scale in our house so I can't check his weight. But is there anything else I should be looking out for? He seems content in between feedings but he does seem a bit more lethargic than normal. Any advice? Thanks!

How long does he feed for? Do you do both or just one? Have you felt his fontanelle? I have a similar situation. My baby was born at 29 weeks and now nurses all of the time except one or two bottles my husband gives.

Firstly big congrats to you for pumping for so long and now EBF!

The main way of knowing that they are getting enough is wet nappies, but more importantly poo which all sounds good to me with your LO. Other than that a generally content baby is good. They are usually pretty good at letting you know that they are hungry!

Firstly big congrats to you for pumping for so long and now EBF!

The main way of knowing that they are getting enough is wet nappies, but more importantly poo which all sounds good to me with your LO. Other than that a generally content baby is good. They are usually pretty good at letting you know that they are hungry!

hello sunnylove

everyone else has it covered really

one of mine was prem and I remember that feeding can tire them at first as they are not used to it so that might explain the lethargy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->