I need another explanation! :rolls eyes:

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
Sorry, ladies. I need yet another explanation. I feel like such a dim wit about all this fluffy bum stuff! :haha:

So, longies and shorties --

They work like wraps, right?

And they need special treatment? How do you do that? I kept reading some sort of spray or something had to go one them? And you have to felt them?? And then you have to shave them?? How does that work? And how do you wash and dry them? And itsn't the wool scratchy on their tender skin??

I'm lost. :wacko:

The wool used is actually really soft. I haven't used it myself, I got one soaker but measured wrong and it was HUGE, it still wouldn't fit Hayden if I had kept it lol so I sold it a long time ago. But you have to lanolize them...some is solid, some is spray on stuff. But you can also use longies/shorties/soaker made from fleece, no special treatment just wash like your regular clothes...I loved my fleece I have alot of that.

they need lanolising, its very easy, the wool i use hasnt been scratchy so far, it feels really soft, i havent used mine yet so i dont know how good they are, im still half way through my second pair then am going to lanolise them together and start using them for bedtime, i dont think u have to felt them, and you only have to shave them if they get bobbly, and even then you dont have to, it just looks nicer lol

x

you can also use lansinoh nipple cream/stuff to lanonise them, by melting some in the water.

I haven't used wool myself at the mo, probably let him grow a bit first as he's putting a good amount of weight on and wool doesn't come cheap.
(he's 6 weeks on saturday and is already 11lb1oz (7lb10.5oz at birth))

Well, I intend to use AIOs, so won't need to use them as wraps -- but they are so bleeding cute that I want some just for fun!! :rofl: And I was reading that you can recycle old wool sweaters into longies and thought about doing that. But my wools sweaters are a bit scracthy so I tend to wear shirts under them.

So, how do they get them so soft? Anyone know? :shrug: Is the the felting bit?

I think it's the type of wool really. I wish I found out about them when Hayden was much younger cause I would have used them for him, I personally like the knit and interlock, not so much the recycled ones, maybe just cause I haven't seen them made with any super cute sweaters lol. But I think they are best on boys when they are really young babies, I think Hayden would look silly in them now. But I plan to have lots when/if we have a newborn :D Especially if that's a girl!!!

Hmm.. good point. Caveman would have a fit if I made him look too girly! :rofl: Will have to investigate further.... :mrgreen:

If you look on DS there is a wool dyed called birthday boy...so cute! I want it if we have a boy next time lol. If you look in "extra fluffy" on there and search for wool stash, longies, wool pics stuff like that you'll find tons! There is one girl on there I think her sn is ckck and OMG her girly newborn stash is to die for

babes if u just want them for show then use cheapy jumpers, i dont know what kind of shops u have there but here we have a shop where you can buy acrylic jumpers for £2, i bought loads of them and intend to turn them into little baby pants, acrylic is also not *too* bad at being waterproof so if you do have a little leak it shouldnt be a problem :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->