I need help from you clever ladies re OPK's!

Beadette

I'm a blummin' Mumma!!!
Reaction score
Hi girls,

You will have to forgive my ignorance as me and hubby are taking the relaxed method of TTC which is basically just a lot of sex!!:thumbup:

However since my MMC earlier this month I am curious to know if I have/am/will ovulate this cycle.

Now with a PG test we all know that a line is a line no matter how faint, as long as there is colour and it is read within the correct time.

My understanding is that a Ov test is different as the test line needs to be darker or the same as the control line? Is this correct?:shrug:

And if that is the case - if you get a faint line in the test region does that mean anything at all?

I have been testing twice a day with cheapies for past 3 days. Nothing on first day but the past 2 days I've had a VERY faint pink line come up. Does this mean anything or not?:dohh:

I've read the packet but as its a cheapie there is not much info there so thought i'd come on here and ask the oracles!!!

it usually means the build up to ovulation i usually have 3 days of faint lines which are negatives then i have 2 days of deep pink lines which are positives, last week i had wednesday and thursday negative then friday and saturday positives, just keep testing for a few more days hope i have helped and not confused lol xxx

Hey Hun

I use to spend a fortune on opk kits,buying both cheap and exspensive opks. I spoke to my fertility doctor who pointed something out to me which you may or may not know "even if you did get a posative opk it DOES NOT mean you have ovulated,all it means is that your LH levels have peaked but does not gaurentea ovulation has happened "
Fertility Doc told me to leave them be and have sex every other day,thats what research has sown to be best way to concieve.
I have read that the line as to be the same colour or darker to show a posative result on opk. When it gets darker but not quite darker enough I think that is a build up in LH

All best hun with them
Hugs
Nat xx
As for OPK kits and what I have read

i used opk's the month i concieved. for about a week i was getting feint pink lines, then suddenly they got darker, the darkest ones (positive) were as dark as the control line, i think i still have the pictures.....

https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/mellybird/IMG_3661s.jpg

https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/mellybird/IMG_3670s.jpg

Hi Beadette. I think as with most things TTC-related you have to work out how these things work for you, if at all! The only sure thing with OPKs is that its only positive when the test line is the same or darker than the control line - but even then (as napt18 says), you don't know for sure you're going to ovulate, its just a prediction. That said you might be able to notice your own pattern the more you use them - some ladies see a fade-in/fade-out of the test line, personally I go from nothing to positive just like that.

Well done you for taking the relaxed approach and I hope you get your BFP very soon! x

Thanks girls. I think I will use the rest of these cheapies that I've got and see what happens.

In all honesty i'm not fussed with them as I get a bit POAS obsessed!!!

Think i'll stick with what we're doing and just get the BD done as often as possible. We caught it last time without 'trying' so fingers crossed we'll get caught again soon x x x x

i got the same when i was monitoring ov last time we ttc. i found i was rushing home just to poas! although i will use them again when we are allowed to ttc again, as we got lucky with them last time.

Some ladies never get a true positive and still ovulate too! My charts show clear ovulation patterns, but my OPKs never get anywhere near positive. I just mark the darkest one (which is still REALLY light) as my positive.. and it always matches up nicely with O! :)

Hi girls,

You will have to forgive my ignorance as me and hubby are taking the relaxed method of TTC which is basically just a lot of sex!!:thumbup:

However since my MMC earlier this month I am curious to know if I have/am/will ovulate this cycle.

Now with a PG test we all know that a line is a line no matter how faint, as long as there is colour and it is read within the correct time.

My understanding is that a Ov test is different as the test line needs to be darker or the same as the control line? Is this correct?:shrug:

And if that is the case - if you get a faint line in the test region does that mean anything at all?

I have been testing twice a day with cheapies for past 3 days. Nothing on first day but the past 2 days I've had a VERY faint pink line come up. Does this mean anything or not?:dohh:

I've read the packet but as its a cheapie there is not much info there so thought i'd come on here and ask the oracles!!!

Hiya Beadette
Im not sure if this will be of any use to you!!
But i have used these tests and they never gave me a pos!!
I got so fed up and annoyed that i rang my midwife a couple of weeks ago
She surprised me when she said these are a waste of money!!They build up your hopes and dont work??
I was then told there was a big thing on news a month ago about what a rip off they are
Wish she had told me that a couple months ago i have spent a fortune on these things,i had gotten myself so worked up by not getting a dark line
And i honestly poas everyday for over a month and never EVER got a dark line
She told me to relax and think about having reflexology
Hope this helps
x BabyC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4