I need help please confused. arghhhh

xdebbie1988x

Reaction score
Hi there I'm on cd41 my cycles are very irregular, I tested on the 18th July 2013 (cd23)at 2pm using an Internet cheapie ovulation test and it looked positive so I checked with a clearblue digital and it came up with a smiley face so I thought that was ovulation so I checked again at 6:30pm that night and it was negative so thought I just had a short surge anyway that's been nearly 3 weeks and no period all negative pregnancy tests so I checked using an ovulation test and that came up positive and I got a smiley face again :) so is this ovulation.

Also when I took the stick out to check it there was 2 dark lines and when I used it 3 weeks ago there was a dark and a light line so it didn't look positive to me. I will add pictures

Today's ovulation test

image.jpg

Hi Debbie

I fully understand your frustration and confusion. I'm really sorry I can't help. I have had a similar issue myself. All cheapie tests have shown a very negative result but clear blue showed a positive. I just don't understand at all. Just going to keep my fingers crossed.

If you are well past expecting AF I can only suggest going to the doctors. They may be able to tell you more or do further tests.

Good luck xxx

Hi Debbie

I fully understand your frustration and confusion. I'm really sorry I can't help. I have had a similar issue myself. All cheapie tests have shown a very negative result but clear blue showed a positive. I just don't understand at all. Just going to keep my fingers crossed.

If you are well past expecting AF I can only suggest going to the doctors. They may be able to tell you more or do further tests.

Good luck xxx

those look like 'planning family' opks (the cheapies)? I've used those and they've worked well for me. that said I got a positive opk 2 days ago, and I seem to be starting my period today. so from my experience, it seems to spike and cause a positive a few days before AF. but maybe I'm weird lol. good luck :)

Hiya,

a +OPK just means that your body is getting ready to ovulate - it doesn't confirm that ovulation has definately happened. The only way to do this is by temping as you can tell from the thermal shift after ovulation.
I'd say that your body got ready to ovulate and didn't, now it's gearing up again.
I'd see if you come on or get a BFP in the next couple weeks, if not, I'd go to the GP as +OPKs all over the place can also be a sign of PCOS. xxx

I never find lh sticks that are accurate, can't go wrong with the clear blue digital. The strips always give you an in between answer, not yes or no! You could go to your doctor and they can do bloods to confirm you ovulated and check your levels. Just curious how everyone else finds the clear blue tests as for us they have been the most accurate with the last two months having spotting which has never happened before, and obviously didn't implant as we hoped for, but must be a step in the right direction, timing is difficult!

I had a positive smiley at 2:30pm yesterday afternoon. Again at 8:30pm last night and again at 9:30am this morning, so still must be surging :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->