I Need Help With My 7 Month Old!

KX

Reaction score
Lucy-ahh I seriously am at my wits end with her. We are at playgroup _tues, Weds & Fri as Rebecca is at nursery Monday and Thurs am (I done this so I could get a couple of hours quality time with Lucy!) I should of put Lucy in!

Everytime I walk out the room in my own house, she screams the place down, I mean even if I am going to get a cup of tea, put something in the bin etc,its a riot, and at playgroup if I even contemplate putting her down its a frenzy. I have been unable to take my turn of doing the dishes etc at playgroup as Lucy will not go to anyone else (we tried and people were horrified by her continuous screaming when they took her) and I cant take her in the kitchen there with me. (health and safety etc)

So I am not having much of a life with this premadona attached to me! My mum has offered to keep Lucy whilst I take Rebecca to playgroup but Im not letting the little bugger win-I want her to get used to other people!

Anyone have any advice as this is clingyness to the extreme-and its only a matter of a couple of months before I return to work?

Thanks in advance xx

I share your frustration, Adam is the same, he is not happy unless he is in my arms or on my lap....I blame the sling, i wish i hadnt used it when he was little now..i dont know how to get him out of it, if i put him down he crys, but its not a scream cry, its a sobbing one :(

x

Thanks Layla. I was contemplating getting a sling, but not anymore. :)

Lucy-ahh I seriously am at my wits end with her. We are at playgroup _tues, Weds & Fri as Rebecca is at nursery Monday and Thurs am (I done this so I could get a couple of hours quality time with Lucy!) I should of put Lucy in!

Everytime I walk out the room in my own house, she screams the place down, I mean even if I am going to get a cup of tea, put something in the bin etc,its a riot, and at playgroup if I even contemplate putting her down its a frenzy. I have been unable to take my turn of doing the dishes etc at playgroup as Lucy will not go to anyone else (we tried and people were horrified by her continuous screaming when they took her) and I cant take her in the kitchen there with me. (health and safety etc)

So I am not having much of a life with this premadona attached to me! My mum has offered to keep Lucy whilst I take Rebecca to playgroup but Im not letting the little bugger win-I want her to get used to other people!

Anyone have any advice as this is clingyness to the extreme-and its only a matter of a couple of months before I return to work?

Thanks in advance xx

Not sure what to say. I do know that 7 month old babies go through a stage where they notice others, shy away and get scared and want the security of their parents. I am quite sure my kids would have done the same as I never had anyone that could babysit for me so they were used to my care only.

It's like bringing your child to preschool though and using tough love on them until they get used to it. And I think you have to use it now. Another thing, perhaps on the weekends, you can have a friend or another family member take care of your LO for a few hours so that she gets used to others taking care of her.

I also think it's because she knows you are there. What if she thought you weren't? Out of sight out of mind. Can you trick her in some way?

Its just a stage i'm afraid, seperation anxiety to give it a posh phrase :D

I'll tell you what I do and it works for us...my 7 month old is the same, only it only seems to bother her more whenever we're in company so I'm guessing its because they're scared to be left with strangers.

when at home and if my lo cries when I go out of site I talk to her for a minute such as "mummys here, wont be long" type thing, then she gets bored crying, especially when I havent picked her up straight away and she stops. then after a minute or 2 of her being quiet I talk again out of sight.

I think you have to basically ignore it at home but let her know you're there without actually picking her up.

Its a stressful time but it will pass.

Noah has never been a clingy baby but just recently I've noticed a slight change.

He's fine without me if we're visiting someone or if someone is visiting us, I can easily leave the room and it won't even bother hime at all. However, when we're at home alone if I walk out of the room he'll start to scream - not a crying sream, more like an attention "I'm here" scream, then it will change and he'll start crying but there is no tears.
Sometimes I can sneak off without him noticing or sometimes I just have to let him cry if someting has to be done or I have to get dressed!

Can't remember who it was but someone did say to me at around 7 months then begin to get a little more clingy. It certianlly seems to be the case with Noah ATM.

It is the 7 month mark. My little ones could care less when daddy left for work, until they hit the 7 month mark and they cried every time he left. I also remember how they were back then and did not want to be left alone.

I also remember being out with them at that time and if strangers talked to them, they'd shy away and cling to me.

It's a stage they go through and it is the dreaded separation anxiety.

I wouldn't blame the sling, I carried/carry Kaya all the time but she's fine with being left unless she's really tired. I think some of it must be a personality thing

I wouldn't blame the sling, I carried/carry Kaya all the time but she's fine with being left unless she's really tired. I think some of it must be a personality thing

I was going to suggest a sling hahahaha.

Kx, the only thing I can say is that if it is seperation anxiety then it will pass. Whe you go out the room keep talking so she knows you are still there, and never just disappear without telling her you are going as this will make it worse. It will pass hun, keep in there (and I can't believe she is 7 months!!!)

Thankyou all for your responses.

I do actually talk/shout to Lucy from the kitchen etc, like " Oh no no shushybye (my pet name for her) its ok mummy's just here" but no she just goes into one of them screams when her face goes like a tomato! (And im usually saying "for f*ck sake just give me a minute" under my breath :rofl:)

Just ride it out eh!:dohh:

I never had this problem with Rebecca, but she was in nursery from 4 months so was used to being away and strange faces. It's all new to me!:baby:

xx

my sister in law went through this at about the same age. I remember her saying something about it being the time they realise that they are not a part of you but an independent being. he grew out of it inthe end but I feel for you, I remember it driving her up the wall....

might be a personality thing in my case i guess, but i have only ever used a sling on Adam and hes the slingest of all so i think that does have something to do with it.

x

Hi, just read your post. My little one has been VERY clingy from about 7 months too. I am a single mummy and her dad has never seen her so she is just used to me 24/7. She was in intensive care for a while after being born so I completly molly cuddled her and hardly put her down let alone out of sight!
She is now 16 months old and still very clingy but VERY slowly getting better.
I can just about go to the toliet now with out her having a cry / screaming fit but it's ben a long ride. I dont know what to suggest as I am STILL going through it so it's interesting to hear everyones ideas..... I also used a sling but not convinced it was just from that.
I look forward to trying out a few of the ideas on here.....
Hope this stage doesn't last for you, I know how tiring / draining it can be
xxx

no advice but I hope it gets easier for you soon :(

I'd imagine the slings have different outcomes with different babies some to be fine without some finding that close feel a constant want. Its sort of one of the reasons I didn't get one although I have no experience of them it does make sense that an individual child can take to the sling in 3 ways *not like *like and not mind when not in and close to Mum *like and prefer without settling on own without constant contact (attached) to Mum. Thats my personal opinion anyway :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->