I need some advice about contractions urgently

Honestly I thought enzos intestines were bloody falling out, thanks google, I'm so laid back with my kiddies usually but with my anxiety the way it is, everything bothers me :haha:

Google causes so much anxiety. I can Google the most minor thing and it always comes up with the worst possible scenario!

Awwwww loving all the pics. I cant believe my little man is 4 months old its flown.
We had him weighed and he is now 14lbs and on the 25 percentile but they were pleased with it.
I've been told not to wean any earlier than 6 months. But I'm not gonna lie he has had a little taste of some things like if I'm eating I'll let him have a tiny taste. He likes mashed potato hahaha.

He has been going through the night for a ages now but the past week he has been waking up a few times during the night. He dont need feeding or anything and will go back to sleep when u give him his dummy.
The dream sheep works wonders to.
App it's common for babies to start waking up again at night around 4 months. Something to do with a leap in development . It can last anything from 2 to 4 weeks.
Hopfully he will pass it soon and be back to sleeping all night again.

Hes so bald bev! He was born with so much hair on top, now it looks like he has a comb over, hes super bald bless him:haha:

Hahaha. Omg Tommy has lost all his hair to hon. Hes totally bald on top and only has hair at the back but that's going patchy now to.
I've never had a baldy either but he is just supper cute. Screenshot_20200121-145448_Gallery.jpg

I was scrolling through pictures last night and saw some of my bump and felt a bit sad that I’ll never have a bump again. Well maybe a food baby bump. I need to remind myself how uncomfortable I was and it’s helps me feel less sad. I definitely wouldn’t go back to being pregnant at all as I didn’t enjoy it third time round, but I do miss feeling the kicks and stroking my bump.

L is 10 weeks old today!!! It really is flying by fast! She has also been colicky but recently has been a bit more settled on an evening so fingers crossed we are over the worst. The Labour was the most painful and I still actually feel quite traumatised so that makes me feel better too that I’m no longer pregnant!!! Slightly worried that I’m going to forget these things and want a forth in 3 years time. I will have to look back on this thread to remind myself!!!

View attachment 1076984

She is so cute hon

Enzo was born with so much hair, the back is really long and goes down to his neck, the top is so fine, it looks like he has a mullet lol I've had the go ahead from the HV to wean at 17 weeks but I'll be doing it around 16 weeks. Enzo also feeding much better, he seems to enjoy 3 hourly feeds of 5oz and drinks it better than waiting the 4 hours when his reflux gets more painful, I feel like I'm turning a corner! Also with the omeprazole I pick up tomorrow from the chemist I'm hoping to completely beat this dreaded silent reflux

Lovely smiles upon waking this morning <3

20200121_083233.jpg

Thanks sugger. Your boy is so cute too! So jealous that he sleeps through already! Hope this growth spurt doesn’t last too long.

Hlx what lovely morning smiles to wake up to. It’s an amazing feeling when they wake and you see the joy in their face at seeing your face! Heart warming :)

L got weighed yesterday and she weighed 13lb 7oz (6.1 kg) at 10 weeks and 5 days old! She’s around the 75th centile so a right chunk!

I’m struggling during the day to get her to nap away from me. She can sleep on me or being carried around but when I put her down she just cries and wakes up. Any tips?
Also how on earth have you got your babies sleeping through ??? L goes to bed from 7 and will sleep from about 7:30 until 12:30 (5 hours) then can be up a further 3-4 times until morning (usually about 6-6:30) I’m drained!

Thanks sugger. Your boy is so cute too! So jealous that he sleeps through already! Hope this growth spurt doesn’t last too long.

Hlx what lovely morning smiles to wake up to. It’s an amazing feeling when they wake and you see the joy in their face at seeing your face! Heart warming :)

L got weighed yesterday and she weighed 13lb 7oz (6.1 kg) at 10 weeks and 5 days old! She’s around the 75th centile so a right chunk!

I’m struggling during the day to get her to nap away from me. She can sleep on me or being carried around but when I put her down she just cries and wakes up. Any tips?
Also how on earth have you got your babies sleeping through ??? L goes to bed from 7 and will sleep from about 7:30 until 12:30 (5 hours) then can be up a further 3-4 times until morning (usually about 6-6:30) I’m drained!

I dont have any sleeping through tips other than keeping a consistent bedtime routine and it paid off! I find enzo wont settle as quick if hes over tired, so if I let him nap for an hour between 7 and 8pm, he gets in the bath for about 8.15, bottle at 8.30, and he literally goes to bed after that bottle and I dont see him until 8.30 the next morning :haha: he is lazy though he still has 4 big naps a day plus sleeps through the night, I wish I had some magical tips for you but that's all I do and it works for enzo :haha:

Also with day time naps I just put enzo down on the sofa and he goes for his nap, I will soon have to start putting him in his pram to sleep as hes almost rolling so the sofa isnt the safest place for him to sleep! He also sleeps with a cuddly over his face, health visitors worst nightmare, but he sleeps all night with it in his moses basket too, I dont worry about it going over his face too much, he grabs it and pulls it off himself, he just needs that something soft to hold, you can see his fingers play with it as hes going off, that's my little trick, with his dummy and his cuddly he naps straight away for me too!

Enzo was born with so much hair, the back is really long and goes down to his neck, the top is so fine, it looks like he has a mullet lol I've had the go ahead from the HV to wean at 17 weeks but I'll be doing it around 16 weeks. Enzo also feeding much better, he seems to enjoy 3 hourly feeds of 5oz and drinks it better than waiting the 4 hours when his reflux gets more painful, I feel like I'm turning a corner! Also with the omeprazole I pick up tomorrow from the chemist I'm hoping to completely beat this dreaded silent reflux
Tommy is fed every 3 hours hon. And has his last bottle at 10 then wakes at 6am has a feed then falls asleep untill 9:30.
He is on 5oz to. It seems to work well. He will drink about 4oz and leave one oz. Glad enzo is getting better

I dont have any tips either hon. I just stick to the same routines and I've always put him down to sleep around 10. So in the end he just dropped his middle of the night feeds on his own when he was around 8 weeks old.
All babies are different. My second son didnt sleep through the night until he was almost 5 months old.

Very jealous of these babies sleeping through. Finley is exhausted by 7pm and has his last bottle around then and wakes between 2 and 4 every night for a feed then sleeps til 6ish. Cat naps through the day unless I'm out and about with the pram/in the car. Following my daughter to a T :haha: :dohh:

Very jealous of these babies sleeping through. Finley is exhausted by 7pm and has his last bottle around then and wakes between 2 and 4 every night for a feed then sleeps til 6ish. Cat naps through the day unless I'm out and about with the pram/in the car. Following my daughter to a T :haha: :dohh:

Hahaha some babies much rather stay awake, they must be afraid to miss out on something :haha: tbh after my first two were amazing sleepers from early on, I expected enzo to be the devil in all fairness, but hes actually surprised me, I cant believe he sleeps 12 hours at night, then still nap in the day! Im so glad all 3 kids are like me, god we can bloody sleep :haha:

I really hope my baby will be a good sleeper like your babies. my now 7 year old daughter never slept through till 10 months and that was only for a week. She still gets up now and shes 7 and half never been a goo sleeper and always got bags of energy

I really hope my baby will be a good sleeper like your babies. my now 7 year old daughter never slept through till 10 months and that was only for a week. She still gets up now and shes 7 and half never been a goo sleeper and always got bags of energy

Oh my god see my 7 year old you cant get her out of bed, it's like shes 7 going on 17! Especially on a school morning I'm dragging her out of bed by her feet some mornings :rofl:

Sounds like my 7 year old!
She was always an awful sleeper... i dont even know when she started sleeping through but the baby days were exhausting. Difficult to get her to go to sleep at all tbh!

She still wakes up at 6am most mornings!

Sounds like my 7 year old!
She was always an awful sleeper... i dont even know when she started sleeping through but the baby days were exhausting. Difficult to get her to go to sleep at all tbh!

She still wakes up at 6am most mornings!

They do say girls are worse sleepers than boys, not sure how much truth it is though. Layla wasnt the best of sleepers until about 10 weeks and that's when I started putting her to bed with me, then she would sleep 12 hours, the monkey! It took her a while to get out of my bed too! Now shes a lazy moo, shes very grown up beyond her years and sometimes I forget shes only 8 next week, she acts like shes about 11 or 12 :haha: George was an amazing sleeper, hes not once slept in my bed (minus 2 occasions, one he had a horrific stomach bug so he slept in my bed and I covered him in towels so everytime he threw up I caught it, the second time he had chicken pox and it was when the itching was at its worst!) Hes fine now though he gets up around 8 on the weekend, goes to grab his tablet from downstairs and goes back to bed for an hour:haha: on the weekend Layla doesbt get up until 10am! I usually have to take her toast and a cup of tea to have in bed otherwise she wont eat until dinner! :haha: her excuse 'school has soooooo wiped me out' little miss sassy pants:haha:

Hon I really think this is it.
In the uk its 3 2 1

Contractions every 3 mins lasting 2 mins for an hour.
If this is you get to hospital hon.

Good luck

I would never have made it to hospital following any of the rules (and I'm only 3 minutes away). I had irregular (but always long duration) contractions for 5 days of labour ranging from 11 minutes to 4 minutes apart but never any consistency - like it would go 8 mins, 4 mins, 9 mins, 7 mins 4 mins, 6 mins, 4 mins, 11 mins THE WHOLE TIME until I was literally pushing baby out which is when they just jumped on top of each other. I did notice a difference in intensity though, like my whole body was doing the work, not just my back and stomach and my brain focussed in and I made noise without realising I was doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->