I need some advice about contractions urgently

Hes so bald bev! He was born with so much hair on top, now it looks like he has a comb over, hes super bald bless him:haha:

I've never had a baldy! Layla had less hair all over until her hair just popped out with thick curls, Georges hair was unbelievable even from birth, I see if I can find a picture of his hair, he had long straight hair and a full head, but enzo has thick long hair at the back and is so short on top, hes rocking a mullet:haha:

In the top left picture, George was only 2 or 3 months old, loom at the length of that fringe!

Screenshot_20191125-170524_Instagram.jpg

So enzo slept 8.30pm-7.30am! What an amazing little man, hes such a good sleeper, I can't believe it, 9 weeks old and sleeping 11 hour stretches

Amazing! Finley is still waking once for a feed during the night .. which tends to be at 4am :wacko: such an awkward time when my alarm is at 6..... by the time hes back to sleep I'm almost needing to get up again.. yawwwwn. Babies are tiring :haha:

Enzo is such a lazy boy! I had him weighed just now and hes 13lbs at 9 weeks, his weight has slowed a little bit from the 75th centile to just under, but that's not bad considering hes dropped 2 bottles, he only has 4 feeds a day and the one mid morning feed is a struggle to get him to drink it, he only takes half a bottle which is around 3oz, so he doesn't even have 4 full bottles a day, but he must be okay to still be gaining weight, he was 12lb 3oz on the first week of Jan, so I can't complain really, I think hes gonna enjoy solids a lot more, hes not a milk fan :haha:

I need to make a thread on how early people weaned their babies, I've always done it at 16/17 weeks but a few friends have done it at 12 weeks, it will be interesting to see :)

We started weaning DS at 6 1/2 months . We left it later due to his allergy . I know people that weaned st 3/4 months old

DD was weaned at 4 months (as recommended by the health visitor)
DS was 6 months (recommended by the same health visitor, but 3 years later...)

The guidelines change so much!!

I think Finley will do well with solids.. he watches everyone eat with such fascination:haha:
He's eyeballing the food from plate to mouth:rofl:

I still haven't got him weighed since the hv came out back in November :dohh:
Will either need to go Monday or the following week!

I've popped another scoop of carobel into enzos bottles and hes actually drinking between 5 or 6oz now! And hes off the ranitidine so thatd marvelous for him. I shouldn't have googled why ranitidine was recalled, apparently has something in it that causes cancer, with my anxiety the way it is googling it was a bad move! But hes off it now, the doctor stupidly prescribed gaviscon to use instead, and he knows I add carobel to his milk, YOU CANT USE THE TWO TOGETHER YOU ABSOLUTE MORON DOCTOR. So I didn't collect the gaviscon, I just upped the carobel and you know what, it bloody works! I'm hoping for a gain in weight now next time at clinic, hes now taking 20oz plus a day, not great, but better it was only 16 or 17oz mainly, it's hard to get him to take more when hes happy with 5 or 6oz bottles, and he only has 4 bottles a day.

Does anyone know how I can slot in an extra bottle? He sleeps 11 hours at night, has bottles roughly 8.30, 12.30, 16.30 and 20.30 which he takes 5 or 6 ounces of them bottles, there are added calories in in carobel too, to a few extra calories in 2 scoops 4 times a day is hopefully good to increase his weight gain again if I cant slot in an extra bottle, also I DO NOT dream feed, I used to when he was a newborn to make him sleep longer but now hes older, once hes in bed and sleeping i dont disrupt that!

DD was weaned at 4 months (as recommended by the health visitor)
DS was 6 months (recommended by the same health visitor, but 3 years later...)

The guidelines change so much!!

I think Finley will do well with solids.. he watches everyone eat with such fascination:haha:
He's eyeballing the food from plate to mouth:rofl:

I still haven't got him weighed since the hv came out back in November :dohh:
Will either need to go Monday or the following week!

Enzo does too! I actually feel guilty him sat watching me eat, I feel like he should have some :haha: omg yeah the guidelines change all the time! I cant keep up its completely different from when I had george 5 years ago and even more different from having Layla almost 8 years ago, I really cant keep up!

LOL mine used to stare at me constantly while I ate :haha:

Know how you feel with the anxiety ! Doctor wanted to give DS ranitidine and I refused because I’d seen the news! Google is the devil at times in my house. Once you start it leads to something a million miles away from your situation and you end up coming away feeling the times worse before !

I’m glad Enzo is doing well with his feeds now. I’m the same as you I used to give DS a top up feed before I went asleep around 11/12 now he’s settled (after a strange week of being out of sorts few weeks ago) I just leave him to it . You know what they say , never wake a sleeping baby ha ! x

Know how you feel with the anxiety ! Doctor wanted to give DS ranitidine and I refused because I’d seen the news! Google is the devil at times in my house. Once you start it leads to something a million miles away from your situation and you end up coming away feeling the times worse before !

I’m glad Enzo is doing well with his feeds now. I’m the same as you I used to give DS a top up feed before I went asleep around 11/12 now he’s settled (after a strange week of being out of sorts few weeks ago) I just leave him to it . You know what they say , never wake a sleeping baby ha ! x

Hes completely off the ranitidine and the doctors now tried omeprazole to try, the carobel helps the acid stay down but doesnt treat it, I'm hoping the omeprazole is the answer because theres not much left to try for poor enzo! The health visitor said to 100% wean at 17 weeks and that would be the next thing if the omeprazole doesn't work, but he has 7 more weeks left before hes 17 weeks.

I've found a way to get more milk into enzo recently, he tends to want to cluster feed in the evenings as usually his feeding is quite poor in the day, so from 5pm he happily takes 5oz every 2 hours until bedtime, so he can usually get 10oz extra into him! His feedings are so all over the place is actually drives me up the wall, my older two were clockwork feeders by this age, 7oz every 4 hours bang on, enzo on the other hand is a pain :haha: you just cant predict his feeds, he could happily drink 6oz and go the 4 hours, or he ends up in pain after 3oz and will need feeding 2 to 3 hours later, silent reflux is killing me off big time!

My second has normal reflux (if it is even normal?!) But he would still have his 7oz like clockwork but just throw it up.

I read so many horror stories around silent reflux being linked to throat cancer and all sorts, I shouldn't be reading shit like this!!

Also another reason why I shouldn't Google, Enzo had these black slimey bits in his nappy yesterday after having a poop, and of course I googled it, and it said about a blocked intestine and causes red current jelly bits in the nappy, I had convinced enzo had this, then I remembered about the side effects of the rotavirus vaccine he had a week and a half ago, and they did they he could have some bits in his nappy as a side effect about a week after the medicine, okay it happened a bit later than a week, but theres been so more so I think that was the cause.

I need to STAY OFF GOOGLE

Oh bless you! Google really is the enemy!! So hard to stay off it though isnt it.
I hope the omeprazole helps him.

Yep, the rotavirus syrup gave Finley some GROSS poos :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back