I need some advice on prenatal vitamins

Discussion in 'TTC After A Loss' started by Littlebit24, May 31, 2011.

1. Littlebit24

Littlebit24 New Member

Hey everyone I need some advice I hope yall can help me . I had my first mc in march of this year I was wanting to know if it would hurt me to start taking prenatal vitamins now even though its been 3 months since I lost the baby thanks for listing.

2. LWood

LWood Well-Known Member

I had a D&C in March and my doc told me to make sure I was still taking at least folic acid. I am taking 400mg right now. To be honest, I am scared to take anything else...

3. sthorp1179

sthorp1179 Mum to 2 girls and 2 boys

After my mc in April I just carried on taking my regular pre-natal vitamins (tesco pregnancy) with the addition of Calcium and Vitamin D (because I'm still breastfeeding my 18mo son).

I think to have the best possible health is important to have the best possible pregnancy and taking the vitamins can't hurt. :flower:

4. ceejie

ceejie Well-Known Member

If you read the packages for most pre-natal vitamins they will say they are also for pre-conception use. So I've been taking pre-natals since my mc. I've read some sites say you should take them for 2-3 months before conception. I don't know why, but I figured it can't hurt!

5. JPARR01

JPARR01 2 girls and 1 boy otw!

Your best bet is to take them before you get pregnant. As long as your levels are down to 0 then you are good to go. I have to take a lot of extra folic acid due to getting a Methotrexate shot in March. Best of luck!

6. Littlebit24

Littlebit24 New Member

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

7. DaisyBee

DaisyBee Mom of 2

When ttc my dr's have always adviced taking prenatal vitamins. I have read that it is best to start 3mo before ttc.

8. ceejie

ceejie Well-Known Member

I was just at my doctors office and she said definitely continue taking the pre-natal vitamins to prepare your body. She said the longer you take them before conceiving the better!