I need some advice on prenatal vitamins

Littlebit24

Reaction score
Hey everyone I need some advice I hope yall can help me . I had my first mc in march of this year I was wanting to know if it would hurt me to start taking prenatal vitamins now even though its been 3 months since I lost the baby thanks for listing.

I had a D&C in March and my doc told me to make sure I was still taking at least folic acid. I am taking 400mg right now. To be honest, I am scared to take anything else...

After my mc in April I just carried on taking my regular pre-natal vitamins (tesco pregnancy) with the addition of Calcium and Vitamin D (because I'm still breastfeeding my 18mo son).

I think to have the best possible health is important to have the best possible pregnancy and taking the vitamins can't hurt. :flower:

If you read the packages for most pre-natal vitamins they will say they are also for pre-conception use. So I've been taking pre-natals since my mc. I've read some sites say you should take them for 2-3 months before conception. I don't know why, but I figured it can't hurt!

Your best bet is to take them before you get pregnant. As long as your levels are down to 0 then you are good to go. I have to take a lot of extra folic acid due to getting a Methotrexate shot in March. Best of luck!

When ttc my dr's have always adviced taking prenatal vitamins. I have read that it is best to start 3mo before ttc.

I was just at my doctors office and she said definitely continue taking the pre-natal vitamins to prepare your body. She said the longer you take them before conceiving the better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->