i need some help!

kirstyloo82

Reaction score
my baby (i say baby but hes 22 months!) has always been a great eater, weaned with no probs, i made alsorts from scratch and he would always try things even if then he decided he didnt like it. most things he refused, when i offered next time he would then like. he usually has 3 good meals a day with a snack morning and afternoon, however for the last 2 weeks or so he is refusing most things to eat. he still eats his porridge for breakfast although only about half the usual amount, he will refuse lunch even if i offer something i know he really likes, and the same with dinner. he refuses the 'junk' nice food i have started to offer as well. he used to love fruit and even if he didnt eat anything else, i always new he would eat a banana or some grapes, but even they arent working. the only thing he seems to want to eat are cheese strings. today for example, he had 1 round of toast with cheese spread, some plain sliced baguette, half bag of crisps. i offered him dinner of something he would usually woof down, when he wouldnt take any (after all the usual coaxing and persuading) i did him something else and again he refused. he is otherwise happy in himself (althouhg a little constipated, sorry tmi). hes never been a chubby baby, but i dont think hes got much room to lose any weight either.

how long can i carry on like this? do i continue offering different meals? am i ok to let him live on junky stuff that he is taking in? any one got any advice for me? i am really worried about him.

sorry for long thread, but wanted to get details in so i might get the right advice back!

I really wouldn't worry, most toddlers go through that. Just make sure you keep offering him healthy foods at his normal meal and snack times, don't force him to eat, but atleast you know what he does take in is healthy. I would also make sure he isn't drinking too much throughout the day, he could be filling up on that. That happened with my boys so we had to limit them to drinks only at meal times for awhile, now they can have milk with breakfast and dinner, water the rest of the day, sometimes juice at lunch

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->