i need to ask this about the forum

klouise1993

Reaction score
Hi I hope no one takes offense at this but is there an age restriction or something on this forum at all as kind of shocked at some of the questions just read like I said I don't want any of you to take offense at all so please don't I just didn't know where to ask? Xx

There are no age restrictions on any of the threads.

Only on the teen pregnancy threads. You must be at least a teenager to post

why would there need to be an age restriction? its a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum. for family planning and parenting you should be old enough to have sex, why exactly would you need age restrictions on it from that age?!!!!

I might be wrong but I think what Louise is saying is that some of the questions recently on here seem to suggest the poster is either very young (maybe not old enough to be having sex?) or has not had much guidance with sex ed. this is an amazing forum for ttc, pregnancy etc but I'm not sure first trip is the most appropriate place for providing info on sex ed. have never been in the teen section (sadly way too old!!) but maybe there's more help there for younger posters?
Xx

I might be wrong but I think what Louise is saying is that some of the questions recently on here seem to suggest the poster is either very young (maybe not old enough to be having sex?) or has not had much guidance with sex ed. this is an amazing forum for ttc, pregnancy etc but I'm not sure it's the most appropriate place for providing info on sex ed. have never been in the teen section (sadly way too old) but maybe there's more help there for younger posters?
Xx

If you're a ten. You can only post of you are pregnant. You can't post any am I pregnant could I be pregnant posts. They get locked. Which is why you'll see most of those threads in first tri. I get what she is trying to say. I don't know why some people have become so offended. I agree with Mrs G. I think Louose was only asking as the poster seems very immature.

I'm also too old for the the teen thread but I was following a girls journey there once and noticed all those am I pregnant threads get locked

That's interesting Isabella, so there are restrictions on the ttc threads but not pregnancy ones? If someone needs info on sex, I think it is a bit sad they are resorting to us lot!! (Speaking as a mum). But info on here is better than no info at all I guess. Xx

I'm glad there are no age restrictions on these threads. Yes I agree some questions come across as a little immature but it always saddens me when people are rude to the posters. My way of thinking is these girls may be pretty young and clearly haven't had much of a sexual education so if they come to us to ask then it's best to be as polite and informative as we can, set an example.

Maryanne, I completely agree. I think when people are rude to any poster on here it really spoils the lovely supportive nature of this thread. I just think, from a mums perspective, it's sad when young people have no other option but to come to the Internet for sex ex info. But you are absolutely right, if we're all they've got, then the info needs to be constructive.
Xx

I didn't mean any offense by the original post at all but the post I seen was asking if she was pregnant without actually having sex, I wasn't having a go about the group at all as I've been on it for years but I just think if their a little young as previous posters have said some of obviously the information on here might be too mature for younger posters, I wasn't slagging the forum off like I said as I love this forum!

Thing is, no one can be expected to never speak of anything deemed unfit for those under the age of 16 just on the off chance they pop on and start looking around all over the show when there only reason really for coming on is to ask for information about pregnancy. the reason the am i pregnant threads get locked out on the ttc boards is because its just not remotely appropriate there. ladies desperatly trying for a child, possibly after years of infertility dont need people posting here there and everywhere about their accidental pregnancies, especially when they are really upset and not sure if they want the baby etc. Some forums specifially have a section for unplanned pregnancy ... not like it makes a difference they still always post on ttc ... i really find it quite sad how someone in there teens can not know about reproduction. i dont know what the schools are like else where but here its taught as standard. and why are the parents or carers not talking to these girls (and boys, it takes 2) to provide them with all the information they need to make mature and informed choices. its really unfair on these girls who end up in these situations simply because no adult ever taught them.

Under the forum rules:

BabyandBump operates a strict NO under 18's using the forum for the following:
Waiting to try (WTT)
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Two Week Wait (2WW)
(Non-pregnant minors using the 'Teen Pregnancy' forum may have their account restricted or banned without warning).

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/announcement.php?f=17

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->