I need to poop!

shellgirl

Proud Mommy of 2
Reaction score
:rofl: Constipation is killing me this pregnancy! I didn't have this with my daughter until the end and even then it wasn't this bad. I'm having a couple days go by without anything and then straining when I finally am able to go the smallest amount. I already drink about a gallon of water a day and eat high fiber, so this is really annoying. I told my doctor yesterday and he really brushed it off and just told me to keep doing what I'm doing and it just happens in pregnancy. Thanks :wacko: This morning I had a cup of smooth move tea, just ate 10 prunes an hour ago (ick), and a cup of berries. I'm chugging water and really hoping this improves. So far, a whole lot of nothin! I don't really know what else to do :shrug: Anyone else having this problem?

Yes! I had it bad my last two pregnancies! It's horrible to the point of giving myself enemas. Try Metamucil and or Sodium Docusate which is a stool softener. I was told that is safe during pregnancy. It helped me.

Omg I'm suffering with this too this pregnancy. It's awful. I get really hopeful that I'll be able to go properly but am always disappointed.

Yes! I had it bad my last two pregnancies! It's horrible to the point of giving myself enemas. Try Metamucil and or Sodium Docusate which is a stool softener. I was told that is safe during pregnancy. It helped me.

I will die if I have to give myself an enema! Do you get sodium docusate at the drug store?

Ya it's over the counter, there is also a natural laxative that I got as well that gave overnight relief. It's really terrible to be constipated!

I'm suffering too. Honestly, it's so bad :( I'm fed up of stomach cramps due to being so bunged up! X

Drinking plenty, eating lots of fruit and fibre. I tried lactalose from my local chemist, but that gave me the runs and a awful cramps! I couldn't decide what was worse, so I stuck with being bunged up in the end! :dohh: X

kiwis. first thing in the morning. with a glass of warm water.

The combination of everything I did yesterday definitely worked... a little too much! :dohh: At least it cleared me out.

I will try the kiwis going forward! I love them, so that sounds a lot better than disgusting prunes :wacko:

I am not constipated at all this time...I think it's because the only thing my body really can eat without feeling sick is fruit. I eat mostly fruit

Last resort you could use Milk of Magnesia, but be prepared to stay close to the toilet for a while and it like won't be...ummm...pretty. TMI I know. I would also check with your doc if you go this route because it is really magnesium and you don't want to get too much.

I forgot about milk of magnesia, yes a tablespoon or two and ur on the toilet. I have a long history of constipation, ever since my second son it didn't go away.

:rofl: Constipation is killing me this pregnancy! I didn't have this with my daughter until the end and even then it wasn't this bad. I'm having a couple days go by without anything and then straining when I finally am able to go the smallest amount. I already drink about a gallon of water a day and eat high fiber, so this is really annoying. I told my doctor yesterday and he really brushed it off and just told me to keep doing what I'm doing and it just happens in pregnancy. Thanks :wacko: This morning I had a cup of smooth move tea, just ate 10 prunes an hour ago (ick), and a cup of berries. I'm chugging water and really hoping this improves. So far, a whole lot of nothin! I don't really know what else to do :shrug: Anyone else having this problem?

Me too! Mega time! Sometimes drinking something hot, like hot coco helps. I started taking Colace which my ob said is safe (stool softener) to get things going.

to me prunes and water NEVER did the trick. just bloated me beyond means. but the kiwis. oh kiwis. they've never failed me even though i ain't a great fan of them (but like them more than prunes!)

I make a protein smothie in the morning and put flaxseed in it. That seems to "move things along" for me.

I agree with shellgirl. I walked all around a museum yesterday with dd and o did it help! Also water and coffee!

I've been having a little of an issue with this too! I go a few days without pooping and then it just hits me and I'm like yes this is it I'm gonna go! And only a little happens! I will definitely remember the kiwis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->