I need your opinions...

kelleepudding

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I hope you dont mind me posting here but I really need your advice and opinions on some concerns that I have over my little boy. I have a feeling he may be on the autistic spectrum. If I list some of the behaviours I feel are concerning would you ladies mind giving me your opinions on what you think with your experiences, please b honest...

He is 15 months btw

He did not roll until 7 months, sit up until 8 months, crawl until 10 1/2 months and is not walking at 15 months (although he does cruise furniture very well and today has taking some steps holding our hands)
He does not hold his on drinks bottle/beaker (he can, and has done on a few occasions but not routinely) He doesnt let me know when he is thirsty or wants a drink, I have to offer him a drink and he pushes it away if he doesnt want it or drinks it if he does want it
He does not point or wave
He loves spinning things
He says mama, dada and mummy but thats it nothing else
If he is excited he sometimes flaps his arms and sometimes its like he is trembling

On positive side, he makes great eye contact, he does show me things he is interested in or what he wants me to play with him with. He loves peekaboo and hide and seek and always smiles back if I smile at him

Do you think I am being stupid thinking he may be autistic? Its the lack of pointing and showing me if hes hungry or thirsty that really bothers me to be honest...

Would really appreciate your opinions and experiences

thank you
Kelx

PS hope I am not offending anyone by posting this here xx

Hi he does sound autistic and when you say trembling what do you mean? My DS used to do this, I used to think it was a balance issue but by 20 months he stopped doing it.

Even though he has good eye contact etc doesn't mean that he isn't autistic as they are all completely different. But things like not holding bottle ( my son never until around 18 months!) waving/pointing ( my son still doesn't do this!) spinning things/arm flapping my son has an art in this.

I would go see your G.P and address your concerns the younger you find out the better, by time he has been assessed etc he will be two years old no doubt.

Hope that's helped, my DS who is over two now has been diagnosed with autism and I'm still waiting for his final appointment to see where he is on the spectrum!

Thanks for your reply, I am just so worried about him :(

Life in this world is hard enough without having anything else to disadvantage him :(

I have read on some sites that gestures like pointing and waving sometimes do not occur until 18 months? Is that right?

What first made you suspect your son was autistic?

I suspected things weren't quite right around 16-18 mths. I thought my son didn't like me as he never looked at me, when I asked my OH if he looked at him he kept on saying yes, I asked my DS and he said sometimes.

Then things like when he stopped talking and started to groan constant, never sat still, never played with toys, just not reaching his mile stones and in general getting worse. My DD social worker said do you think he's autistic? tbh it never crossed my mind, when I asked on here it all came together.

He is getting much better now with eye contact and following instructions, I never thought he would but if your DS is autistic he will get better. As a parent your instinct always tells you something isn't quite right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->