I need your OPK experience - please look

Jake_1

1 boy & 1 Girl - Perfect!
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I did my first OPK today - as they only arrived at lunchtime today and I am on cd 8 - this is the result. I know I have nothing to compare it to which makes it hard but would you say this is positive?!? Had some EWCM yesterday.

Thanks

Attachments

• firstopk.jpg
    firstopk.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 43
Ok, so I did another one after holding my wee for just over an hour to make sure the first wasn't a weird fluke or dodgy test - unless they are all dodgy - and got the following pic. SO - we :sex: last night, and will attempt again tonight and in the morning - does that timing sound good?

Thanks girls,

x

Attachments

• DSCF0338.jpg
    DSCF0338.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 49
Well it seems it was definitely my positive. Did 3 in total yesterday - all looked the same - started to get a bit worried I had PCOS or dodgy tests but todays has come back lighter - so hopefully I have done enough to catch that eggy!
Everything x'ed now!

Attachments

• opks.jpg
    opks.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 24
oh dear. PCOS can give false positives on OPK's. Those are the MOST Positive opk's i've ever seen though... and I get pretty strong positives. Just keep bd'ing and watch for the temp rise.

No I don't chart but am going to start next month if I am unsuccessful this month. I am a little concerned about PCOS as my sis has it and is going through ivf at present and when I had my son they said I had poly cystic ovaries but not the syndrome?! Some cycles go for 50 days for me?!?

You seem pretty knowledgeable about charts and opks, can I befriend you for a little help:blush:. I have done another test tonight and have added the pic in normal and invert. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

• opkpro1.jpg
    opkpro1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 19
  • opkpro2.jpg
    opkpro2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
Those are still nice lines. Keep testing until the lines fade out. Normally after a surge it should be gone in two to three days, taking you to very light or absent second lines. If it doesn't get lighter and stays dark, you might not be able to trust the OPK's with your poly cyctic ovaries. The reason being... that FSH is always going to be in your system, bringing up cysts and what not. PCO is when you get cycst regularly but they haven't affected how thick the lining of your ovaries are, so the egg can still break through. PCOS is when the cysts happen SO MUCH that the lining of your ovaries over time thickens, causing difficulty for the egg to break through the lining of the ovary. That's my knowledge of it, anyway. You'll also want to be careful about taking things like Soy or Clomid, since your ovaries might be swollen from PCO. (This I know.. from experience.. had a cyst back in JANUARY and ovary is still swollen & being monitored from it)

If since you aren't charting, you don't get your period in about 16 days past ov, and no +hpt by 18 dpo, you might have an anovulatory or cycstic cycle.. where the egg isn't fully released, since your +opk was done on cd 8.. I had a pos on cd 10 this cycle and then again nearly pos on cd 17 of this cycle so I'm in the same boat as of now.
How was your CM when you got your +? if it was eggwhitey then you possibly DID in fact ovulate. Good luck!

PrayerfulHope - Yeah CM was bountiful and eggwhitey the day prior to and the day I got my pos opk, and with todays test which is even fainter I am starting to think it was a real positive. Guess there is no real way to know now except wait for af or BFP! Thanks so much for your help chickie.

xxx

Attachments

• OPK3.jpg
    OPK3.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 10
  • OPK4.jpg
    OPK4.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2
excellent that it is fading out of your system. Clearly you get amazing positives on IC's where do you buy them from?

PrayerfulHope - I buy them off ebay from an Australian seller called fertilitystore. I buy the pack with 30 Ovulation Tests and 5 Pregnancy Tests for Au$11.45 - which is really cheap. Im pretty impressed - the ovulation tests seem to work really well and the HPT's don't get evaps - or not that I have had anyway.
OPK lighter again tonight so feeling really positive. Thanks for your help.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->