I need your OPK expertise! :)

Hollynesss

Mommy!
Reaction score
Hey girls! I know I have asked some OPK questions before, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has gotten results like this before. I am currently on CD16 (I usually always O on CD14), and this is the darkest line I have gotten, which was on CD14 in the evening. On the top is a ClinicalGuard Opk, which I think are garbage so I've been taking pictures side by side to compare to the Wondfo on the bottom.

View attachment 679975

I have not gotten my temp spike yet, but I do currently have EWCM, so I expect to see the spike in the morning. However, this faint line was all I got. I thought since this pic was at night that I would see a nice, dark positive in the morning, but I got NOTHING the next day!

Is it possible to just test weak? Does anyone else every just get weak positives and nothing darker?

Thanks!!

The picture is really small sorry, but I don't really have any OPK experience anyway! Is there usually a gradual darkening in the line until ovulation? If the line has gone away completely after being there for several days before, that would make me think you've already ovulated (maybe on CD14 which you were expecting)? Not sure why you wouldn't have seen a temperature spike though. Is it possible you didn't ovulate this cycle? Have you had any ovulation pains/cramps?

I tried to fix it before anyone responded, lol! I uploaded a bigger picture up there. This is my second cycle tinkering with OPKs, but before I only had the ClinicalGuard ones and I never saw any kind of positive. I temp and chart, and that has always shown a clear cut ovulation day. I have every other sign of ovulating, I'm just perplexed as to why OPKs aren't working for me! My cycles vary between 28-32 days, so I"m not really concerned about my temp spike not occurring yet, but like I said I expect it tomorrow since I got the EWCM today.

Thanks for your input!

Maybe ur urine was diluted? Did u drink lots before or have a wee within a few hours of doing it? Fmu isn't good for opk so I'm lead to believe.

That one was in the evening before bed, hadn't drank a whole lot, hadn't gone recently :/ Also, I've been slightly obsessive about this since I've been right around my O time, and I have only missed two opportunities to test since CD12, haha!

I'm similar 28 day ish cycle and I think I ovulate day 13/14. Tend to get faint lines early D13 which just get progressively darker over 24 hours but, like you, I never get really dark lines. I kinda presumed that as lines are darkening, this is a good sign LH is rising as so many other factors to take into acoount- urine dilution, cheapy crappy testing strips etc.. I don't chart BBT (too lazy) but I just kinda think I am ovulating, just got a feeling.. x

There's also the possibility that u simply don't test when the surge is there, to my understanding, which may well be very wrong, there is a small window that u can detect the surge, I think some people test like 3 or 4 times a day xx

I've noted that some tests are crap lol , I'd probably use a digital OPK when ttc , my cycles are messed up anyway I currently have positive LHs in the morning and for 2-3 weeks no period this month. but the months I have a period I do get a surge and can see it go darker than ctrl line (I use them 3-4 times a day) then faint and stay faint ....I get EWCM during various days of my cycles so I don't rely on that at all

Beats me, but I use the wonfos too, and have not yet gotten a definite positive. I've only used them one cycle so far, but I got nothing, nothing, nothing, barely saw a line, and then BAM quite a dark line, but still not dark enough to call positive since the control was darker...and the next day nothing again. Next time it gets dark like that, I'm gonna check with another brand.

I'm glad its not just me! I may just stick with charting, haha :)

I hope my internet cheapies work out better lol, would be a nice surprise though to not no uv ovulated but are pregnant lol

Lol me too which leads me to believe Il use a million hpt when I'm trying lol, I will be unbearable during the tww lol so I'm going to be more relaxed about it.

However saying that I'm already symptom spotting and there's no chance I could even be pregnant lol, I no if it was a possibility I'd have tested by now lol its just my body doing weird things after coming off pain killers. But I no until I get a bfp I'm going to be impossible lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->