I pulled apart my FRER... false positive? Help please x

DMG83

Mum to 1 beautiful girl
Reaction score
Hi ladies, so I'm 11dpo and after promising myself that I WOULD. NOT. TEST. this morning, I of course went ahead and poas :dohh:

So I gave it the 3 mins and when I looked at it there appeared to be the faintest of faint lines where the 2nd line should be, but i mean seriously faint. But obvious enough for me to do this....

I pulled it apart to get a closer look :dohh:

I was worried it was a mark on the casing?? Honestly I actually was! :dohh:

So anyway, the line was still there but ONLY visible when I held it in a certain light and it didn't really have much colour to it - it was seriously thin.

Well I went back about half hour later to have another look (as you do) and now there is a DEFINITE 2 lines (although the one is still pale) but it's visible at arms length...

Is this false positive cos I STUPIDLY pulled it apart!!?? :brat:

Please help, has anyone had this before or heard of it before?

AF is due tomorrow

Did you throw it down the loo after all?

Seriously though, it's early to test so any BFP would probably be very light. Taking them apart wont magically make a line appear - taking them apart and using a hair dryer on them however......er......enough on that.

Do you have a pic sweets?

I'll put a pic up when I get home.. I never threw it anywhere, I put it in my "magic" drawer in the bathroom full of opk's, hpt's etc. etc. lol to have a look at later, then when I did there was the darker line...

I haven't told DH so don't want him seeing it and that I've taken a pic incase I'm being an idiot here..

I figured you couldn't get a magic line, but then I thought I read somewhere someone warning not to pull them apart!? But I might have imagined it...

I just don't want to get my hopes up... :flower: Thanks hun :flower:

maybe i SHOULD in fact get home and dip it in the loo though :rofl:

The warning to not pull them apart is because when people do, they see the colourless evap line and think it is something. If there is colour in it, especially on a FRER, I would say it is the very early beginings of a BFP.

I may be wrong of course, but I'm sorry to say that we may be losing you from this part of the forum. Equally heartbreaking for both me and you I'm sure.

I just found this so now I'm thinking maybe it's what they've called an indent line!?

I might try testing again at lunch with a superdrug one... it also says that they are accurate to 6miu!? why does everyone on here keep saying it's 25miu!?

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a26077891/everything_regarding_hpts_read_before_posting

I'm not gonna get my hopes up hun :hugs: so don't worry about losing me!!! :hugs:

Caution is a good thing hon.

However, if it has pink in it, even if it's faint, it's unlikely to be an indent or evap unless the dye has spilled.

I still have a suspicion that I may have to get my hankie out to wave to you as your train slowly pulls away.

But I'll be checking again at lunch time for your update.

I did that all the time last month, realised everytime i looked there was a line which i found out in the end was an evap line and it was heartbreaking....I have promised myself never to pull one apart again! :growlmad:

They are not designed to be pulled apart so if you can't see the line with the casing on then i guess waiting is the answer ! :dohh:

can it be an evap line straightaway though!? i could see a very faint line which is why i pulled it apart in the first place...

Could you see a line when it still had the casing on? I'm wondering if this is what they're calling the indent line?

Also, the line went pretty dark after - did yours get darker or stay the same very thin line?

don't know what to think, other than that i'm a TOTAL idiot for doing this to myself :dohh:

i don't have cramps yet for af showing tomorrow :shrug: doesn't feel like she's on her way... watch her show up now on time :grr:

If it had colour in it (even faint) before you took it apart - I'm voting for early BFP.

I've got all crossed for you.

thanks hun.. if i cave and test at lunch i'll let you know, otherwise i might try to do what i actually said i'd do and that's wait to see if af turns up tomorrow and test on monday!! :dohh:

It's very frustrating. I couldn't see the line in the casing but i took it out and there was one i could see straight away so i did another one and it was exactly the same. I still have the strips and I can still see the lines, the lines did get darker over time...but unfortunately af came so after all of that getting my hopes up it was heartbreaking !

Personally for me and my sanity, if I can't see a line without taking the case off then I am taking it as a negative and waiting....not good for my health lol!!!

Hope it is a start of you :bfp: though good luck !!

Good call. You'd get a stronger result tomorrow anyway.

Much as I want you to test again right now, you don't want to end up adding "if you only get a faint line in the morning, you will only get a fainter line later in the day" to the list do you?

:haha: good point!!!!

Don't know why i'm bothering so much anyway, I mean, af is due TOMORROW!! Good grief woman, calm down, calm down, it's ONE. MORE. DAY!!! :haha:

Thanks for your help too sophusx :flower:

Well, I had this with ds2. I took an early test, can't remember how early tho. And it showed , like you a faint faint line.. so faint that I couldn't figure out if it was the light or not.. then about half an hour later I got it out of the trash and checked again and there was a definite faint line. I know it's not supposed to be viable after that long, but it was and I was indeed pregnant :)

there's still hope, don't worry.. I've done 2 tests this week already and im not at the end of my 2ww. Yesterdays had that is it a line? look.. it didn't get any darker though and I think I was imaginining it.

:dust: to you hun x

thanks so much! I don't want to get my hopes up to be devastated but i must have peed on 20 of those frer sticks in the past 6 months and i've never had 2 lines before...

no af cramps yet so trying to stay positive! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->