I think FF got my O day wrong, please help

ladyDi

Reaction score
This month has been the worst for me (so far), very weird and confusing. FF pinpointed my O day on cd 13 and has not "changed its mind" :) although I continued to have EW for the week following the alleged O day. Furthermore my temp shift has been very poor, normally I have a temp drop before O and then a very noticable temp shift, atleast 0.5 C, and it rises to average 37.0 C, but this time it was super slow rise and it started to reach those 37. after 11dpo - which FF assumed was triphasic shift - needles to say I was super excited, but so far all BFN. I am now 19 dpo and my last BFN was on 17 dpo and I have no strength to test again beacuse I am now sure that FF was wrong. Sorry for all the rambling, can someone please give me and advice or an opinion. I am loosing my mind.

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3dd560/

I am in exactly the same boat! According to fertility friend, I ovulated 5 days earlier than normally. I am currently 15dpo and so far, all BFNs. What is so confusing for me, I had a second patch of positive OPKs. Normally, I have one positive OPK and then only negatives.

What kind of pregnancy tests did you use? Here is a list of the most sensitive pregnancy tests: https://www.pregnancy-health-center.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity.html and here is a table with the average HcG levels per dpo: https://www.cafemom.com/group/30079...adies_wondering_or_worrying_about_their_level

I hope this helps!

It looks like we could be cycle / buddies in misery! :hugs:

Sahnie

Thank you Sahnie for those links. I will save them for future reference because I am pretty sure I am out this cycle. I used IC from Wondfo, I think they are 25 hCG/mIU. The thing is I think I Oed on cd24 which would mean i missed my fertility window. I am so sad :cry: because I trusted FF and ignored my last OPK thinking it was a fluke :dohh: (especially because I've read on the internet that in case of pregnancy some women have another +OPK's later in cycle). It is a torture how our bodies play tricks on us. I will know in a couple of days.

I think you have a very good chance - there are 2 possibilites for you: either you O-ed on FFs prediction and it is still too early to show on HPT or you Oed 5 days later and still have a great chance because you timed BD good. Hope this is it for you, :dust: Keep me posted :flower:

Something to consider (i'm in the same boat, except that FF took away my crosshairs on my original 18dpo, and now I'm on CD58 and it doesn't think I O'd at all and I have no idea lol) Some women do not get positives on home pregnancy tests until three weeks past ovulation. Some not until 7 weeks. And some not at all. Some women do not get positives on blood tests either and pregnancy has to be confirmed by ultra sound. So, knowing all that, you aren't out until AF arrives. Frustrating (trust me, I know) but it's true. Your temps look pretty awesome, and regardless of if FF is right about when you O'd, I think you O'd so that's part of the good news!

So, here's what I suggest. Wait. Just wait. Don't take another test (you already said you're exhausted from it and I know how true that is. It's frustrating, it's heartbreaking to keep getting negatives, to keep getting what to me feels like failures to get pregnant). Wait a week. If AF still hasn't showed, then take another test. At that point, if it's still a negative, then it's your choice but you can either wait another week (I'm currently waiting, but that's a personal choice) or you can schedule an appointment for a blood beta test and see if that gives you a more definitive answer.

Good luck, your chart looks lovely!

Duckieshoes you are sooooo right! My DH and I were just thinking the same thing. I decided not test to until Monday. Everytime I think -I will not be upset if I see a negative..but that is just deceiving myself. Everytime it hurts, and I just keep thinking why does this have to be so hard for me. The worst thing is ofcourse the constant obsession and thinking about it.

Either I am 16 dpo (when I had my typical ovulation spotting) with daily BFNs on the home pregnancy tests or I am only 7 dpo because my ovulation was delayed to CD 25 (no ovulation spotting). The "Advanced" ovulation detector method suggests the first scenario, but if I change the method to "Research" it estimates the 25th as my ovulation day.

Did you try to change the method of ovulation detection on FF? Its says that the interpretation will only change if there is some doubt.

Sahnie

No AF yet so I took your advice and when I switched it to research it showed I was only 10 dpo and my O was (as I suspected) on cd 24. Too bad because we totally missed it this cycle. I am super angry on myself for relying on the FF and the first OPK's.
You still have a great chance! Just have to wait a few days longer..did you notice any simptoms? How long are you TTC? This is 6 months fo us :(

No AF yet so I took your advice and when I switched it to research it showed I was only 10 dpo and my O was (as I suspected) on cd 24. Too bad because we totally missed it this cycle. I am super angry on myself for relying on the FF and the first OPK's.
You still have a great chance! Just have to wait a few days longer..did you notice any simptoms? How long are you TTC? This is 6 months fo us :(

The only symptoms I have had so far are swollen, hurting breasts, bloating and cramps. Hurting breasts are very unusual for me. I have hot flashes and then the next minute I am freezing. Still no positive HPT, though. I am still leaning towards the first ovulation, as the second one does not follow my "normal patterns": Normally, I have ovulation bleeding, a step 0.5-0.6 rise. My OPKs for the second potential ovulation stayed positive for several days, normally the turn negative right away. My current temperatures have been rising the whole time, normally they are more up and down. I would not feel so doubtful if the pregnancy test showed positive. If I ovulated later, I should have my period my Monday. This is really driving me nuts!

This is our third month TTcing.
How are you holding up?

Sahnie

Ladies, one word about the Research option. Be very careful about using it because if you don't have a normal cycle, it won't work correctly for you. I just don't want anyone getting their hopes up!

Good luck!

Ladies, one word about the Research option. Be very careful about using it because if you don't have a normal cycle, it won't work correctly for you. I just don't want anyone getting their hopes up!

Good luck!

I actually prefer using the advanced version, at least I like my chart better in its display. :dohh:

Sahnie

Good luck!

When I switch it to Research there's no hope for me because we didn't BD... :nope: but the chart makes more sense with my O delayed like that...(except the pre O temp, it's superhigh (at least for me)). Only chance for me would be if I O-ed on cd 19 with slow rise (but doubt it). Thank you for your advice though. :)

I'm trying not to think about it anymore. What's done is done :D Every month I notice a lot of symptoms but now that I think about it they are all PMS symptoms- I just observe my body more closely so I notice them more. Only difference this month is pain in my stomach and back which I wouldn't describe as cramps because it lasts longer..more like pulling sensation and ache. The last 3 days I was sure AF was on it's way! I've had some headaches couple of nights and mornings (but that can be due to hormonal imbalance of delayed O). I decided to test on Monday. When will you test? Sympoms you describe (especially hot flashes sound promising) and your chart looks triphasic to me, did FF notice it?

Duckieshoes I peeked at your chart, do you have PCOS by any chance? (I have PCO)

Not diagnosed and this is the first cycle that's been like this, so I'm hoping it's just a fluke. But, my mom had it, so it wouldn't be surprising if I did. Still, I'm keeping high hopes that something will happen. After all, my mom still had three kids. It took 18 months for her to get pregnant with me, I'm hoping I don't have to wait that long...high hopes!

I'm trying not to think about it anymore. What's done is done :D Every month I notice a lot of symptoms but now that I think about it they are all PMS symptoms- I just observe my body more closely so I notice them more. Only difference this month is pain in my stomach and back which I wouldn't describe as cramps because it lasts longer..more like pulling sensation and ache. The last 3 days I was sure AF was on it's way! I've had some headaches couple of nights and mornings (but that can be due to hormonal imbalance of delayed O). I decided to test on Monday. When will you test? Sympoms you describe (especially hot flashes sound promising) and your chart looks triphasic to me, did FF notice it?

FF took the triphasic notice off. My temperatures are starting to drop a little. I am pretty convinced now that I ovulated on CD 25. Tomorrow morning's temperatures will be telling, as my BBTs usually crash on the day AF comes. If they stay up, I will definitely test. Either way, I am eager to get out of this limbo. Worst case it is a new cycle; this one was such a roller coaster!

Sahnie

Not diagnosed and this is the first cycle that's been like this, so I'm hoping it's just a fluke. But, my mom had it, so it wouldn't be surprising if I did. Still, I'm keeping high hopes that something will happen. After all, my mom still had three kids. It took 18 months for her to get pregnant with me, I'm hoping I don't have to wait that long...high hopes!

Maybe TTC would be easier (as if that's possible :wacko: ) for you if you checked for PCOS, because all info you can gather about your body are good to know (just my opinion). My mom doesn't have PCOS (or PCO) but my sister does.
Then again it is very common to have an off cycle.

Anyway, I hope you get your wish! :flower:

FF took the triphasic notice off. My temperatures are starting to drop a little. I am pretty convinced now that I ovulated on CD 25. Tomorrow morning's temperatures will be telling, as my BBTs usually crash on the day AF comes. If they stay up, I will definitely test. Either way, I am eager to get out of this limbo. Worst case it is a new cycle; this one was such a roller coaster!

Sahnie

Sahnie you and I are truely cycle buddies - my temp started to drop a bit too.:winkwink: And I feel totally the same way, I just want to know and get on with the next cycle already..

Sahnie

Sahnie you and I are truely cycle buddies - my temp started to drop a bit too.:winkwink: And I feel totally the same way, I just want to know and get on with the next cycle already..

Final temperature drop. Looks like I ovulated late this cycle (CD 25). AF showed up this morning and I am actually glad to see her! Onwards to a new cycle and new chances!

Still no AF for me. I was 100% sure she would greet me in the morning because all night I was having cramps and a bad headache yesterday evening (which happens for me each time night before the AF arrives) but today just the slightest pink spotting (1 drop literally). Weird. My temp has droped furthermore though. Tomorrow maybe.

Still no AF for me. I was 100% sure she would greet me in the morning because all night I was having cramps and a bad headache yesterday evening (which happens for me each time night before the AF arrives) but today just the slightest pink spotting (1 drop literally). Weird. My temp has droped furthermore though. Tomorrow maybe.

It sounds as if we are real cycle buddies! I tend to get a headache as well before my AF shows up and tend to spot a little on the first day of the temperature drop. Do you have any plans for your new cycle? I am staying away from evening primrose oil as I think it might have delayed my ovulation and have started drinking grapefruit juice. Fingers crossed that February is our lucky month!

Sahnie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->