I think I am being discriminated at work. Help!

Kent_babe

Reaction score
I am 11 weeks pregnant, with a baby due date at 6/14/2016. I have already told my work that I am expecting. Before knowing I was pregnant, I was approved by my boss to go on a business trip to help improve my job position in Las Vegas in March 2016. Now that we both know that I am pregnant, they are saying they are unsure if I am to go on this trip. I want to know if this is considered discrimination due to me being pregnant? I really want to go on this business trip due to it helping my job performance by finding new vendors/resources to better the company and myself. Please let me know your advice on this and how I should approach it in a professional manner.

Have you asked them to advise why you might not be going on this trip?

I am 11 weeks pregnant, with a baby due date at 6/14/2016. I have already told my work that I am expecting. Before knowing I was pregnant, I was approved by my boss to go on a business trip to help improve my job position in Las Vegas in March 2016. Now that we both know that I am pregnant, they are saying they are unsure if I am to go on this trip. I want to know if this is considered discrimination due to me being pregnant? I really want to go on this business trip due to it helping my job performance by finding new vendors/resources to better the company and myself. Please let me know your advice on this and how I should approach it in a professional manner.

I would definitely ask why they don't want you to go, because... "Because you're pregnant..." is not a good enough excuse.

Also, get a note from your doctor with an approval for you to go on the trip. If your doctor "ok's" it with a written letter, and they still don't let you go, something's wrong.

The doctor's letter will cover both you and the company. The company probably has fears that if you miscarry during the trip, you may try to blame them (lawsuit), but the approval from the doctor should cover both you and the company.

Thank you! I will address the situation this way and if I can present a doctor's note hopefully that should clear up any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->