I think I am mad...

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
So the opportunity has come up to buy my nans house from her at such a good price we would be fools to turn it down. Also we have been offered a brilliant price for own current home giving us a huge return for only owning it for 2 years.

So why i am mad...well going ahead with the deal means moving with 3 month old and a 2 year old and a dog into a house which needs complete works doing to it...which we want to do but whilst living in it!! (I mean it needs wall knocking down, heating, roof, bathroom....everything!!)

pointless thread...but just wondering any one done big house works whilst living there with kids?

Sounds like a great opportunity hun, manic in the short term but worth it in the long term :) we're always bloody moving lol.

Go for it!

It will be hard work short term, but long term well worth it.

My parents did up our house with four kids who were, when we moved, 15, 10, 7 and 6. Not quite the same as we were older, but it worked out fine!

It'll be manic but so worth it, think of the money and really being able to put your own stamp on your home :thumbup:

Depending on the finances could you rent somewhere for a few months until its somewhat livable?

We did it! It's not easy, not fun at times and you will forever cleaning (and making tea). However, I never regret doing it. Good luck x

Yep ive been there, only had one when we started but have 3 kids now and another on the way. Lol. House still isn't finished haha. Thus far we have spent roughly between £40,000 and £45,000 and we need to recover from that now lol, we have some work to do for the baby.

Again major works, electric, damp, walls knocked down, redo floors, etc etc

Depending on the finances could you rent somewhere for a few months until its somewhat livable?

I was thinking this but i cant find any where that will take the Dog. And im worried that i wont see my hubby for the whole project as he will be working on the house.

Thinking might try and get the up stairs in a decent condition so we got 2 rooms and a bathroom to escape to while everything else going on.

How about hiring a caravan to put in the garden to live in for now? I saw a thing on tv where this family did that whilst doing up their house. Could work at least until you get some rooms done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->