I think I FINALLY have an answer!! subchorionic hemorrhage, is the culprit.

MeaganMackenz

Reaction score
Serial posting, mostly cuz I need support. Bare with me ladies!

I thought I was due May 14 2015, making me 8 weeks 1 day today. Since 6 weeks 2 days ive been spotting. Varying colours, all very lightly. Usually only one or two bathroom trips during the day I would see red, pink, tan or brown. It happens pretty much daily. Not much cramping to speak of, nothing more then mild period style cramps. My boobs have been sore, I can smell everything, I'm usually asleep by 9 daily which is hours before my usual and I've had some neausea.

Broke down and went to the ER cuz calls to my Dr weren't going anywhere. They took bloods, which they said were exactly where they should be for 7 weeks. Went for a formal ultrasound this last Wednesday at what I thought was 7 weeks 6 days but the scan measured at 6 weeks 5 days. Otherwise, I saw the flicker. It was wonderful. Still baffling that I was 8 days behind. Then someone here recommended using a due date calc that allows you to put your cycle length in, as mine is average 33 days. Well!! That made a 5 day difference, which makes baby measuring 3 days behind Vs 8. That was a relief, and gave hope.

But I'm still spotting, everyday without fail. I find myself checking myself at night to see if I'm bleeding. I get up to pee when I don't have to to check for bleeding in the middle of the night. I have no idea if I'm an anomilie or this baby is doomed. If I could ultrasound every few days I would. The worry kills me, I find myself checking my boobs to make sure they still hurt cuz that's reassuring to me. I hate this feeling, I don't handle worry well. The hospital hasn't called back when I did blood 48 hours after initial to check for doubling. I'd like to go the no news good news route. My Dr did see me in the midst of all this and said cervix was closed and uterus was where it should be. I'm just in a constant state of panic. This is our last baby, it took almost a year to get pregnant. But bleeding, even after seeing a heartbeat, could still mean bad news. It's terrifying.

I'm sorry that was long, I'm venting. If someone is still reading, thanks for hanging in there til the end. Xo.

I'm sorry you're going through this right now. Bleeding at all is always scary during pregnancy. I oddly enough didn't bleed with my losses (other then during delivery and pp) but I did with my two living children. Specifically with my second, I spotted a lot during first trimester and gushed my entire pregnancy. He is a very healthy almost three year old. :thumbup: I know it's hard to hold on to that hope, I'm struggling with it now!! But try to focus on the NOW. Right now your baby's heart is beating! Right now your baby is alive... your baby may be a take home baby or you may lose your baby... no one knows. I also want to suggest noticing the small milestones.. it helps me a lot!! :) I'll be thinking about you and wishing you the best!! :hugs:

:hugs: measuring 3 days behind is nothing to worry about. It can be really hard for the baby to be measured accurately at this stage also you could have implanted later than the average. Ask the doc whether they can track your hcg levels and see if they are increasing as they would expect in a healthy pregnancy. I would say as your blood work and scan match, and you saw the hb they are all positive signs. Good luck and I hope this is your take home baby.

Back to the ER, bleeding is heavier this morning. This has to be it.

Maybe there's something else in there causing the bleeding. I know that lots of women on here blead and had perfectly normal pregnancies (note pp blead only with her two living children and not her losses). What does oh have to say in all this? I know its hard not to, but worrying and stressing isn't helping your baby. Baby needs your love, support, and faith. You gotta believe that baby is gonna make it and that in 7 months or so you'll get to meet him. Hang tight and sending lots of hugs your way.

oh no, I am so sorry your going through this. Any amount of bleeding would cause most of all us expectant moms to worry, we cant help it. I really hope that the bleeding is caused by something else and wont effect the baby. I'm thinking of you!!:hugs:

Bleeding is always unsettling. I have a personal feeling that your bleeding is coming from something else (possibly a SCH). I think baby is probably doing fine. I hope they find the cause of the bleeding and that it doesn't last too much longer.

Thanks girls, waiting at the ER. Again. Went to a better ER this time, maybe they'll care more but I'm in the minor treatment area.. So. Who knows how serious they'll take this.

I agree with everyone and I've read that bleeding can be a normal symptom of a healthy pregnancy. But I would be just as concerned as you are even with all the doctors saying everything is fine. Big hugs :hugs:

I have good news I think!

The doctor I saw today gave me all my reports from my blood and ultrasound on Wednesday as well as my blood from today. I have a moderate subchorionic hemorrhage!! Not that that's great news but it's finally an answer. Also my hug levels from Wednesday were 39,000 today 47,000!! That's good for 4 days no? I've also been referred to an early pregnancy assessment clinic which I didn't know we had for Monday. I'm assuming this, plus my previous OC will make ,e high risk but at least for the moment it's not miscarriage.

Also, the ultrasound said babies heart rate was 150, and the conclusion to the ultrasound is the fetus is viable. The er doc was very happy to see that :) Hopefully this means good things and that I wont panic every time I see blood. I hope it's the clot bleeding out which is why I'm bleeding a bit more, but still not enough for a pad. I wore one but nothing came on it in 6 hours :) Hang in there lil bean, there's hope for us yet!!

Thanks, I sure hope it's the good news I've been needing and won't end up losing the baby!!

I'm so happy that they found the source of the bleeding! Hopefully it'll work itself out in a couple weeks and you won't bleed anymore! I love hearing good news! Our babies HB was 150 as well when we heard it at 7 weeks.

Glad to hear you got some good news.

Just to mention, my niece bled heavily during her third pregnancy, she was convinced she was going to lose him. Thankfully everything was fine, she went on to have a very healthy little boy who is now 5 years old.

Sounds great!! I had a SCH my last pregnancy. :)

I'm still scared, cuz the symptoms are so close to miscarrying how do I not run to the hospital if I bleed heavy? It's tough, but it's an answer.

Good news! I had a subchorionic hemorrhage with my last pregnancy and know some people on here who have had it in their first tri on here right now. It does cause bleeding. Mine cleared up by 12 weeks and everyone else I know has had theirs clear up or it is clearing up. I find that they are quite common and most are gone by 12 weeks.

It's been quite light so far, but today I get that full feeling like when you've got a good flow going with af and you feel like it's going to be gushy. So then I go to the washroom and it's not as bad but still moderate and red. It's hard to look at and go, OK it's probably the SCH don't freak out. I have very very mild cramping off and on too. I'm probably the most positive about this as I've been and I feel about 75% positive about the outcome rather than the 25% I was at yesterday lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->