I think I may have found a GREAT site for newbie cloth diapering mommies!!!

Marlarky

Mommy&Expecting!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I'm 19 and pregnant with my first child, and I was interested in cloth diapering. I was all over the web and here on baby&bump and although I did find great information, I was still SOOOOOO confused!! Anyone else agree?? So then today I found this site. It has loads of pictures and information and hopefully it will help other newbies and newbie hopefuls like me understand more!!

What will pop up is all about prefolds, but on the left there are links all over the site so you can look around and see if yoou see what you have been looking for!!

https://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/prefolds.htm

Have fun looking and post some feedback too!!

Wow I guess it wasnt that great of a site :shrug:

Oh well. It worked for me at least.

Hi Malarky, don't worry you posted as everyone was going to bed here, so few people would have had opportunity to look yet.

It's interesting seeing info on prefolds - i've never really looked into them as i prefer pockets, in many ways they're similar to the flip and econobum systems which are birth to potty, but the sizing may make the prefolds trimmer.

Oh I see, lol.. It was only 7:55 pm in Chicago when I posted it lol I always forget about how much of a time gap there is between the UK and here!! :blush:

Correction: Only 4:30 pm when I posted the site lol

I think this one is more helpful. Especially the Personal Q&A session link :thumbup:

The first one really guides you to prefolds, which really is about the least efficient system there is.

I was just trying to clear confusion with some people. I'm not really interested in the One-sizes because I'm scared they will be too big at first and too tight before potty training.

And dammnnnnn that site is for UK only lol!! That is my biggest confusion with this site!!

I love GMD!!! Their prefolds are the best :D

Yayy!! I'm really interested in prefolds. I think I am going to get them because they were very helpful with sizing on that site!! What kind of covers do you use with them? Do you use the Bummis like recommended??

I did have some Bummis and they were great, I do prefer Thirsties though

Wow great! What sizes of Thirtsties covers do you use with which colored prefolds??

Bc that they say you should get the newborn cover for the newborn orange
the small for the yellow small, etc.

I'd say it's about the same, orange get XS thirsties covers and then yellows get smalls...though yellows last awhile they may outgrow smalls and move into mediums before outgrowing yellows....that was Hayden. Now he mostly wears reds and medium covers, he will never outgrow the mediums, they overlap. He actually just potty trained, he's almost 3 and still has loads of growing room in the medium thirsties and was about to outgrow red edge

I really wish I'd heard more about prefolds and understood more about them when I was planning my nappy system, the simplicity really really appeals to me and I am thinking of getting some if and when we have another baby. I'd get some now only we really don't need *more* nappies :lol:

my cotton bottoms have the old size prefold inners but the wraps are useless i'll have to see if i can get thirstys wraps , caus pockets and those types appeal to me but im happy using prefolds if i can get a wrap that ds1 cant undo and ds2 doesnt poo leak out of

I'd say it's about the same, orange get XS thirsties covers and then yellows get smalls...though yellows last awhile they may outgrow smalls and move into mediums before outgrowing yellows....that was Hayden. Now he mostly wears reds and medium covers, he will never outgrow the mediums, they overlap. He actually just potty trained, he's almost 3 and still has loads of growing room in the medium thirsties and was about to outgrow red edge

Oh, I see!! I should probably get a couple of each the Bummis and the Thirsties and see which works better with my baby, then!! Did you ever have a problem with them at bedtime? Any leaks?

No, but really I didn't use prefolds for nighttime too much. But if that's what you want to do I'd get a dozen preemie prefolds too and use those as doublers. But I did use the covers at night and never had a leak with them

You only used the covers for nighttime, no prefolds?

Yes, I knew about the doublers but I didn't know if I should get the newborn or the yellow to double. I don't know how much babies "go" yet, so maybe the preemie ones will be enough for doublers then?

Yep preemie should be good, your newborns might be better as the baby moves into yellows or up, but a yellow for a doubler at first would be way too bulky

I usually use pockets for overnight or fitteds with fleece or one of the covers over, I only use prefolds if I run out, like on vacations

Oh okay I understand now. I see the point with the bulkiness. Great :) Thank you! :)

I ONLY order from GMD! I can get my order within 72 hours or less, if I have an issue (which I haven't) I can email Karen (owner) directly. You can get a detailed booklet on how to care for your diapers. Best prices I've come across.

Our stash consists of 32 newborn prefolds, 2 regular Thirsties (newborn), 8 Thirties Duo covers (size 1), 2 Bummi's (size 1), and 3 snappys.
https://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/Mamabaum77/Charlie%20Stash/S6301435.jpghttps://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/Mamabaum77/Charlie%20Stash/S6301434.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->