I think I may have found a GREAT site for newbie cloth diapering mommies!!!

Aww you even added pics! Your collection is so cute!!! :D

I can't wait to get mine! I think I am going to order some Ebay cheapies and a couple Bummis and Thirsties and see what "floats my boat" :D

Im so excited!!!!

Ooo.. thanks for all this info! I REALLY want to get into cloth diapers but THERES SO MUCH (it feels like) to know, and I get overwhelmed.. It seems quite expensive at first, but I know it pays off quickly. Just tons of info I don't know what to do! I'm leaning towards prefolds and/or pockets... I'm liking FuzziBunz for pockets, but honestly, I don't know why... just seem good to me LOL

Still undecided on prefolds but I'm going to look into the green mountain! Thanks again! :)

I ONLY order from GMD! I can get my order within 72 hours or less, if I have an issue (which I haven't) I can email Karen (owner) directly. You can get a detailed booklet on how to care for your diapers. Best prices I've come across.

Excuse me for being silly but what is GMD?

I ONLY order from GMD! I can get my order within 72 hours or less, if I have an issue (which I haven't) I can email Karen (owner) directly. You can get a detailed booklet on how to care for your diapers. Best prices I've come across.

Excuse me for being silly but what is GMD?

Green Mountain Diapers, said in the first post hun.
https://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/index.html

That site seriously saved my life lol!! I am not researching other methods, for example the pockets, but if I don't ever master the topic of cloth-diapering I am deffo going with the GMD prefolds.

That site seriously saved my life lol!! I am not researching other methods, for example the pockets, but if I don't ever master the topic of cloth-diapering I am deffo going with the GMD prefolds.

Supposedly the simplest method is all in one's but GMD doesn't carry much for them, there are some on the sale page though.

I heard a little bit about those and I don't think I like the idea of them taking forever to dry, though. Plus I would need many more than I would need just regular covers for prefolds.

Yeah a lot of all in ones take FOREVER to dry! The ones I really like those are BumGenius organic aios, the way the soakers are sewn in they dry fast :)

Like I said all we are using is the Thirsties covers and the prefolds. I know you can throw the covers in the dryer but I think to save on wear and tear, I'll just air dry them.

you could try something like the flip system im moving towards that from prefolds as the prefolds are taking forever to dry ( about a day and a half ) which isnt too bad but would prefer something like Flips or Weehuggers which you can reuse the wrap (outer) but the insert is shapped and you can get it in mircofibre and other materials so i can do bamboo or hemp overnight and microfibre during the day also only have one set of adjustable size wraps for both boys would help

A day and a half to dry prefolds? Like line dry or dryer? Takes about 3-4 cycles on my dryer on hot to dry prefolds.

indoor clothes airer, we live in a flat with no outdoor space and no dryer

indoor clothes airer, we live in a flat with no outdoor space and no dryer

Oh ok! I'm getting one of these https://www.organize.com/pohacldr.html for my covers. I know you can put the covers in the dryer uh but I'd rather not.

my covers dry inside out over the edge of the tub they dont take long to dry i use 2 in roatation each day lol

my covers dry inside out over the edge of the tub they dont take long to dry i use 2 in roatation each day lol

I'll keep that in mind, just use a couple a day, not the entire stash. lol Haven't had my mind on diapers just yet, still nesting here! Might have to find some place else to hang them for drying though, my parents and little brother are coming the week after the baby comes, MIL will use our shower, I'll use our shower, DH and the rest of the family will be using the main bath.

Since they don't take long to dry, I suppose I can do it at night before bed or after everyone has cleaned up for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->