I think i may have Pneumothorax, Help and advice please!

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Ive been having this chest pain on my left side. I get a very sharp pain when i take a deep breath. Ive been reading up on it all day and the only thing i can find that it could potentially be is Pneumothorax. I haven't had any accidents that would have even left a bruise.
Dont really know what to do now though, ive read advice online that says to go straight to A&E but im not to keen on doing that and waisting peoples time if theres nothing wrong with me.
Any advice on what i should do? Do you think it is Pneumothorax?
Thanks Guys xx

Its something I get on and off, I got told it is a sign of anxiety and it does seem to flare up when I'm stressed, maybe give NHS direct a call and see what they say?

Do you think it could be anxiety related? I have had similar symptoms due to anxiety. HOWEVER, you should go to the doctors and get it seen too, without delay, don't play around with your health XXX

Im still having the pain but i decided to get some sleep last night and see how it was in the morning which was the same. But i spoke to a few family members and they all said ive probibly just pulled a muscle and ill be ok because i can still breath, i dont want to call the NHS and sound like a right plonker if i have just puller a muscle!

I really dont know what to do. x

Hun, All I can say is you would know about it if you had a pneumothorax! (Nursing Background) You wouldnt be able to go to sleep thats for sure! I have had a similar sort of pain to yours, and it was muscular. It went away in a few days time...it hurt when I breathed in, and out e.t.c I would go to the doctors though anyway, thats what they are there for. :hugs:

I had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) on a few occasions and it was very painful. And that was on every single breath, not just a deep breath like you said. The only way to know is to get an xray, but if you have got on with it the past couple of days even if it does turn out to be a collapsed lung you prob won't get treatment for it, eg chest drain, but docs will just wait on it correcting itself. It is easy to pull a muscle so it could well be that.

Thanks guys,
I didnt have a pneumothorax :blush:
I did a very stupid thing and googled it and did the nhs diagnos yourself thing and it all said pneumothorax and i got a little scared lol but i obvously dont have it because i would be in alot more pain. I cant get into the doctors untill friday. so im just going to wait, it is getting better and the pain is easing but ill survive lol
but thank you for all your help and advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->