I think I'm done...

I can't even imagine how sore your hands AND your boobs are! The few times I manually expressed left me red, sore, and not in a hurry for more!

You are doing great, hon! Luka is much better off for your efforts. :hugs:

I agree with TL well done manually expressing is hard. I didnt realise how hard until I got an electric pump. One thing I would say is its easy to use too much pressure in when manually pumping and I used to hurt myself :dohh:

I just have to say..well done you!!! I found expressing impossible so i cant imagine doing it for 5 motnhs :hugs:

Hi Sherileigh
I really admire any woman who pumps and bottle feeds her baby! It is not easy! WELL DONE you!!! It sounds like you are one determined, dedicated mamma!!!! And the breastpump issues sound really difficult - when you depend as much as you do on the pump, then it's VITAL to get the right parts!!! Well done you!!!!
There are some great tips on getting more milk when pumping here: https://www.llli.org/NB/NBJulAug96p118.html and I hope between that and the domeridone you are able to continue until you and your lovely LO feel ready to wean.

Mel

I spoke with Medela and they said sometimes womens breasts 'reject' the pump after sometime. I've spoken with someone from LaLeche and she's going to get back to me after she talks to some others LaLeche people....she's baffled on what to do now.

Oh no!

I've never heard of rejecting the pump. :( I wonder if a different kind of pump would make any difference??? Has anyone heard of that helping?

You are so strong! :hugs:

Only my son would reject my breasts and then in turn my breasts reject a pump! So childish!! lol. JK.
I'm waiting to hear back from Laleche league....see if she has any helpful advice. Just trying to express as often as I can...which hasn't been much lately...5/6 times a day. So hard right now...unpacking and getting ready for xmas. Will keep you posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->