I think it's my turn now!!!!!!!!!!*Update pg 7*

XKatX

Reaction score
Oh my goodness - I think I'm in labour!!!
I've been having contractions all afternoon/evening. I was timing them earlier and they were 10 minutes apart (on average) and lasting between 30 and 45 seconds. I've had paracetamol and a long hot shower and it didn't ease the pain. So I went to bed - detrmined to have a nap at least. No such luck - far too painful!
So now I'm up and about and the contractions are around 5 minutes apart now.
I've had no show and my waters haven't broken.
When should I call the labour ward?

OOOO Exciting!! Im sorry this is my first time with all this so I really can give advice lol Good luck!! :)

TBH i would call them now and let them no and ask them when is the best time for you to come in, if there not busy they may say you can come in for a check and you can always go back home, do you live far from the hospital?? I hope this is it for you x

Good luck! :happydance: I'd go ahead and give them a call

TBH i would call them now and let them no and ask them when is the best time for you to come in, if there not busy they may say you can come in for a check and you can always go back home, do you live far from the hospital?? I hope this is it for you x

About 10 minutes away.

Ring them can't do any harm you still having contractions x

Good luck Kat!!! I hope this is it for you hun!

:dust:

Good luck Kat, i'm off to bed now hope this is the go go go for you!! x

Good Luck! my waters didn't break until I was just about to deliver, and my bloody show didn't happen til just before I went to hospital.

oh my gosh! Did you call them yet!?

Good luck!!!

No - I'm scared in case it's too early!!! Just cleaned the kitchen (for some bizzare reason!) and it seemed to help a bit - being active. Might leave it another half hour and see.
Strange thing is - I'm so bloody hungry!! Been scavenging for food all night!!!

:rofl:
I actually ended up asking for food and eating it before I started pushing. Shocked the hell out of my mum and mw!

Kat!! Call the hospital! I just read what you wrote. Here they tell you to GO to the hospital when they're 6min apart and you're already at 5!

Called them!! I'm gonna stay at home a bit longer. I can cope with the pain ok at the moment. She said if they are coming 3 in a 10 minute period, to go in. Or obviously if my waters break, pain becomes unbearable etc.
Will keep you posted. If I suddenly go quiet, I will text polo_princess at a reasonable hour of the morning!

Oh, and I'm off to have a long hot bath now!! Catch up soon!! x x x

Good luck Kat!!

Think it maybe my turn too!! Had cramps on and off since my sweep on Tuesday and since about 8pm tonight they've been between 5-7mins apart. Slept for an hour but now up and about!! x

Good luck Kat!!

Think it maybe my turn too!! Had cramps on and off since my sweep on Tuesday and since about 8pm tonight they've been between 5-7mins apart. Slept for an hour but now up and about!! x

How are you doing babes? I just slept for an hour too and also back up and about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->