I think my baby hates me

Novbaby08

Mom to Harley & Piper
Reaction score
I just spent 3 hours of her crying, and then as soon as someone else takes her shes fine. She has been giving me hell with breastfeeding, and its just too much right now. I don't know why but its just killing me. I can't get over it. I just feel so lost now, its so strange having her on the outside, I am so used to feeling her kicks and squirms on the inside,and I feel like I'm never going to have that special bond with her like I did when I was pregnant.

Don't worry, it will come! I had a hard time bonding with my baby too, but it did happen. If you need help, ask someone to take her to make sure you get enough sleep.

I know how you feel. She screams with me and as soon as I give her to someone else she's fine. I think they can sense that we're anxious or nervous and it makes a difference. My friend has 2 kids and she keeps telling me a nervous mom makes a nervous baby.

Yep they stop crying sometimes when someone else holds them! Its such a kick in the teeth but its usually if youre tense or something. They are soo sensitive and pick up on things like that.

I didnt bond with Leo for a while it does take time!! Give yourself a break you are doing the hardest job in the world!

:hugs: Bless you hun...its all new to you at first and also for the baby so it does take time. Hang in there hun and take all the support that is offered. xx

I think one reason they can seem to settle better with others is because they can smell the milk on you and they want it.

You need to relax with her,it's all so new and scary for you so you're nervous and she can sense it. :hugs:

Zane is a right little git for me but is great for everyone else i think its just cuz he knows when mums around he will get his own way lol

i thought he hated me at first but now i think its cuz hes just mardy haha

Take it one day at a time hun, LO is only 5 days old and it is a big adjustment to make. You will get there just try to relax as much as possible and chill out with your bubs.
Also agree with the milk comment made above. If you are having trouble BF and LO can smell it it might be getting LO frustrated.
Hang in there hun,it is not just you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I felt the same way once I had maxim , I felt like he wasent mine for some reason ..like i was just babysitting him but when 1 week went by I started getting used to him ..but oh boy did he give me hell with BF and colic .. almost wished I had him inside again for peac and quite lol

Ruby does this & as Mervs Mum said its because of the smell of thre milk. one night she was on and off me screaming and crying from 6pm to 2am at about a week or 2 old and it was becuase she wasnt hungry but my smell and the hormones were telling her to eat which was confusing her and she ended up over tired (i wish i knew this at the time!) i swear when ruby is like this a tramp could pick her up off me and she'd stop crying! dont worry hun she doesnt hate you! stick with it and if you can pass her to someone when shes like it xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->