i think my house is haunted!!

highhopes19

Reaction score
hey everyone
as the titles says really we've had some really weird things going on, my OH aint here tonight hes doing his first over night work in ages and im gonna be crapping myself tonight :haha:

anways, we moved here 3 years ago in may and its a new build, there was a school here before the houses which was known in the area for being haunted.
but i thought nothing of it just rumours, but now im starting to think their true.

my dog had left her ball at the top of the stairs,outside bathroom door. my dad threw it down the stairs went to the loo came out the ball was sitting outside the door again (my little sister had taken the dog out for a walk, so i cant come up with a logical explanation for that):shrug:

the other week my OH left for work at 6:30, i was drifting back off to sleep after he'd gone. so i was you know when your half asleep but can still hear things that stage. i heard muffled whispering and then really loud in my ear somthing said "good" really loud that ive never moved so fast in all my life:nope:

my OH heard whispering on the landing and he ran back to bed so fast bless him:haha:

most mornings around 5 i hear this aswell the cupboards in the kitchen closing, when i told my mum she said its probably your cat to which i replyed "what, making us breakfast:dohh:" lol

and now my dad decides to tell me that he's seen a little girl waving on the landing when hes got up in the night to use the loo. when you look at her straight on she disapears but when you look at her out the corner of your eye she is still there even when you switch the light on (after that ive spent most nights hiding under the covers:haha:)

our old house was really, really, really haunted day and night so i honestly thought moving to a new build wouldnt have any spooks:dohh:

please tell me im not going insane haha? :flower:

Our house is kinda the same, the guy that lived in it before died in the house and at nite you can hear him walking up and down the hallway...he stops when he gets to my bedroom and turns back (mum said this is prob cuz our bedroom is a extension and wasnt there wen he was alive) my LO has woken up and screamed cuz a wolf has been sat at the end of her bed (previous owner ada alsation,......i think...kinda crap with breeds of dogs sorry) wen were sat in the living room u can hear walking up and down the stairs....I used to be absolutely petrified at nite, had 2 turn light on to go loo but the funy thing is since ive become pregnant I feel soooo safe and ive even sat on the loo in darkness n listened to the footsteps!!!xxxxxxx

I understand! That is spooky! I have been through my share of paranormal activity too! Ever since I was a little girl I have dealt with "spirits".
When I was about 8 or 9, I was living in a trailer with my step mother and father and I was asleep, at around 3AM...I heard a knock on my closet door (one where its a regular door) and I ignored it....it continued on...I got really scared and crawled to the edge of my bed to the light switch...as SOON as i turned it on...I heard some lady say my name...I ran into my parents room thinking it coulda been my step mom....and they were fast asleep.
Then at age 11, I had found a 4 piece wooden indian looking bead in my yard in the gravel (the bead was in 4 peaces) so I glued it together and took it into my bedroom. That night I went to sleep and I awoke with a Native American standing next to my bed with the bead in his hand...I was scared and Hid underneath my blanket and peaked thru the blankets...he knocked off a doll i had on my TV. The next morning I awoke, The doll was still lying on the floor and the bead was NO WHERE to be found!
Then just recently...my son was about 9-10 months old. We were living in a house where my son was scared of his bedroom. Well our TV would turn itself off, the satellite receiver would turn itself off, the TV would change channels and I even saw a woman in white in my kitchen one early morning (still dark) when i was making my son a bottle. I was so scared in that house. My son's toy would go off on its own and it was really creepy.
So I know what its like to be in that type of situation.
Are you afraid of the activity?

I work in a haunted building - not altogether surprising considering I'm a funeral director - he's OK though: He's obviously an ex employee, probably someone who lived in the house that was attached before the road was widened and the main house taken down. He is always in his brown work coat and apron and never comes downstairs, just stays in the workshops.

Sometimes I can hear him pottering around upstairs when I'm in the building by myself and sometimes one or the other of us will see him when we go upstairs but he obviously means no harm and we all just kind of accept him as a reality LOL

Downstairs we sometimes have odd occurrences when we are with the deceased and their families - lights dimming, doors shutting by themselves, that kind of thing but I reckon they are all just spirits 'passing through' rather than resident like the upstairs ghost

Can't u have a private investigator round?? Sounds interesting my bf is a psychic medium so I hear of these a lot it docent sound like a nasty thing when u next think there's something there ask it. Question ud be surprised on what happens xx

I understand! That is spooky! I have been through my share of paranormal activity too! Ever since I was a little girl I have dealt with "spirits".
When I was about 8 or 9, I was living in a trailer with my step mother and father and I was asleep, at around 3AM...I heard a knock on my closet door (one where its a regular door) and I ignored it....it continued on...I got really scared and crawled to the edge of my bed to the light switch...as SOON as i turned it on...I heard some lady say my name...I ran into my parents room thinking it coulda been my step mom....and they were fast asleep.
Then at age 11, I had found a 4 piece wooden indian looking bead in my yard in the gravel (the bead was in 4 peaces) so I glued it together and took it into my bedroom. That night I went to sleep and I awoke with a Native American standing next to my bed with the bead in his hand...I was scared and Hid underneath my blanket and peaked thru the blankets...he knocked off a doll i had on my TV. The next morning I awoke, The doll was still lying on the floor and the bead was NO WHERE to be found!
Then just recently...my son was about 9-10 months old. We were living in a house where my son was scared of his bedroom. Well our TV would turn itself off, the satellite receiver would turn itself off, the TV would change channels and I even saw a woman in white in my kitchen one early morning (still dark) when i was making my son a bottle. I was so scared in that house. My son's toy would go off on its own and it was really creepy.

i wasnt scared till one morning my OH had just left for work and i was drifting back off to sleep you know when your in that sleep where you can still hear things around you someone said in my ear GOOD really clearly.

and then the other night oh was asleep and i was just laying there, there was rustling in my room and it was like it was moving closer to my bed, and then someone was breathing really loudly in my face i started screaming and crying i was that scared:argh:

Can't u have a private investigator round?? Sounds interesting my bf is a psychic medium so I hear of these a lot it docent sound like a nasty thing when u next think there's something there ask it. Question ud be surprised on what happens xx

my uncle who lives in wales, is a well known medium. he's been on telly a few times and was a guest medium on most haunted. he was asked to work perminatly on there but he doesnt want to make money out of somthing he conciders to be his 'gift' so turned them down. he doesnt even charge people for readings

im thinking of asking him to come check it out to see whats going on :thumbup:

i wasnt scared till one morning my OH had just left for work and i was drifting back off to sleep you know when your in that sleep where you can still hear things around you someone said in my ear GOOD really clearly.

and then the other night oh was asleep and i was just laying there, there was rustling in my room and it was like it was moving closer to my bed, and then someone was breathing really loudly in my face i started screaming and crying i was that scared:argh:
Oh wow, that is scary! Yeah the incident i had with the TV, freaked me out! I cried and cried and told DH that the house CREEPED me out! It would only ever happen when I WAS home....never when DH was home with me or when he was home by himself. There are two remotes to my TV...one was in my hand and the other was on the entertainment center by where the tv was. There was one time I was watching a movie on my DVR that the TV recorded and the DVR paused. I pressed play....all for it to pause again. Then it started moving through the TV guide. I tried to go back to the movie again and then it turned the satellite off. I was freaking out! That wasnt just one occurance either. Not the same exact thing happened but the TV would do weird stuff and toys would go off and my son was scared of that house. As soon as we moved, it stopped.
So I can totally relate to be scared of it...I would be scared too.

My bf is exactly the same lol who's ur uncle maybe I've meet him??

ohh my firends sisters house was haunted used to hate beign there one night we were babysitting her 6 4 and 8 mth old neice and nephews and they were all in bed the babys room was on the top floor and had the moniter on we kept hearign footsteps going up and down the stairs but just though ok its kieran and lauren and thought nothing of it then we heard a creaking on the baby moniter and whispering then heard "reace,reacey, reace" and thought wtf as was a ladys voice then all of a sudden the voice turned really scary was like a evil woman "REAACE" my god we have never ran so fast in our lifes ran up to the baby and he was sat up in his cot just staring and crying at the corner of his room i NEVER set foot in that house again

The day I wrote my msg on here, me n OH just turned telly off and we ava radiator at the end of our bed, we heard fingers running across the radiator...OH jumped out of bed and turned the light on, nothing is around the radiator and the tv is above it so nothing can fall onto it...Freaky stuff but I love my house xxxxx

Well, if you are being haunted, even when you move the ghosts follow you most of the time. Just what I've researched.

That is really spooky!

Our house is kinda the same, the guy that lived in it before died in the house and at nite you can hear him walking up and down the hallway...he stops when he gets to my bedroom and turns back (mum said this is prob cuz our bedroom is a extension and wasnt there wen he was alive) my LO has woken up and screamed cuz a wolf has been sat at the end of her bed (previous owner ada alsation,......i think...kinda crap with breeds of dogs sorry) wen were sat in the living room u can hear walking up and down the stairs....I used to be absolutely petrified at nite, had 2 turn light on to go loo but the funy thing is since ive become pregnant I feel soooo safe and ive even sat on the loo in darkness n listened to the footsteps!!!xxxxxxx

Oh wow, I take my hat off to you! I'd be majorly creeped out by that!!

I've not had an actual experience with an actual ghost but things aren't right. In my room at home, some nights i'm nice and relaxed and drift off to sleep so easily, other nights i'll feel the energy within the room will suddenly change to being tense and I end up getting goosebumps and get scared. I usually just turn away to the wall and don't look back. Make sure my duvet is well over my ear and my head so I can't see anything, i'm always convinced i'll see something in the corner or something in front of my face if I move my duvet. I know i'm not imagining it because at uni I don't feel anything, i'm nice and relaxed.

I was looking after my Mums dog one night and she slept on the floor. I woke up to her whimpering and shaking and thought oh no she can see something can't she (dogs can sense things easier right?!) but I had the window open that night.....though it wasn't cold :shrug: it was August!

None of this happened until my Grandad died last year. I loved him dearly and he lived in that house too but I can't see it being him, I mean if it was a) why would the energy be tense? b) why would he be in my room at night. Makes no sense - maybe he doesn't realise he's frightening me :blush:

That is really spooky!

Oh wow, I take my hat off to you! I'd be majorly creeped out by that!!

I've not had an actual experience with an actual ghost but things aren't right. In my room at home, some nights i'm nice and relaxed and drift off to sleep so easily, other nights i'll feel the energy within the room will suddenly change to being tense and I end up getting goosebumps and get scared. I usually just turn away to the wall and don't look back. Make sure my duvet is well over my ear and my head so I can't see anything, i'm always convinced i'll see something in the corner or something in front of my face if I move my duvet. I know i'm not imagining it because at uni I don't feel anything, i'm nice and relaxed.

I was looking after my Mums dog one night and she slept on the floor. I woke up to her whimpering and shaking and thought oh no she can see something can't she (dogs can sense things easier right?!) but I had the window open that night.....though it wasn't cold :shrug: it was August!

None of this happened until my Grandad died last year. I loved him dearly and he lived in that house too but I can't see it being him, I mean if it was a) why would the energy be tense? b) why would he be in my room at night. Makes no sense - maybe he doesn't realise he's frightening me :blush:

Im kinda used to it, but b4 it scared the crap outa me...we have floorboards too cuz renovating the house and they creak if u stand in one spot n u can hear that every known n then!!

I know wat u mean bout the room thing n feeling a presence, isnt it strange how the atmoshere can go from normal to totally freaky, mayb the feeling is tense because it does scare you and your not used to it....Its kinda nice thinkin that ppl u love come back every so often to c how ure doing!!!

Animals do have a secret sense, they can sense anything even a change in the atmosphere....kinda excitin tho rite??? wish u cud somehow prove that houses r haunted xxxxxxx

your story happen to my cousin's old house.. exactly the same.. its weird and hard to explain but in some way it true that there are things in this world we can't explain...

Dont be freaked out. Sounds like a harmless visitor. Possibly a child as if the property is built on old school grounds and it was drawn to the ball. The chances are it wants to make contact in a good way and maybe playfully. Ive lived in 2 haunted properties and have had experiences in a few other places like my ex MILs house as well. All are spooky but have never hurt me or done anything bad.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->