I think she's trying to tell me something...

Mrs-C

Mummy to 1 DD & 2 dogs
Reaction score
We've tried to dreamfeed LO a few times now. First time went ok. She'd been snacking on her usual bottles all day and did the same on her 10.30pm one. Last night her nappy was bursting with poop so I had to change her, by which time she was bright eyed and cooing.
Tonight she took about 80mls (normal feed is 180ml) and didn't want any more. Didn't want to force it so I burped her (nothing came up) and then when I stood up she spat up all down me, enough for a plopping sound as it hit her brand new carpet :dohh:

The difference today is she has finished all 5 of her 180ml bottles, every three hours since 7.30am. Do you think she is getting ready to drop this feed? If so, I won't try the dream feed tomorrow night and see how she does. I tried that last week though and she woke about 12am, which was about an hour after I'd gone to bed. That was a killer...

I would prefer she dropped the 3/4 am feed, but this would be a start!

I should also point out this is our third or fourth night of a bedtime routine involving bottle at 7.30pm and then bed, and the first day we have stuck to the feed every three hours, on the dot. It is also her third night with a blackout on her windows...

We didn't do dream feeds, but I thought they usually happened past 2 months, and surely past 1 month. Also I thought that the 3am/4am feed was one of the last to go?? Carter still has one. Hopefully one of the mommies that did a dream feed will have some better advice.

I give LO a top up bottle as he goes to sleep and that is it until 6am, but he did not stop the 4am feeds until about 17 weeks xx

My LO is in routine and I used to Dreamfeed her at 11, but she used to clamp her jaws down n not take it!!

I now give her bottle at 9pm and she sttn til 630am. I understood by her clamping down that she was telling me she didn't want it. She hasn't had that feed since bout 8 weeks old

Erm i not much help but ive never df'd isobelle and she has STTN since 9weeks old. Her last feed being about 7-8pm ish, then i let her have 30mins for bottle to go down, then put her to bed where she usually sleeps a good 10hrs

xx

We didn't do dream feeds, but I thought they usually happened past 2 months, and surely past 1 month. Also I thought that the 3am/4am feed was one of the last to go?? Carter still has one. Hopefully one of the mommies that did a dream feed will have some better advice.

She is 2 months. We tried it because she seemed to have day and night the wrong way around. She was having longer stretches of sleep in the day and wide awake after her night feeds.

My HV said her 2/3am feed would be the first to go.

I give LO a top up bottle as he goes to sleep and that is it until 6am, but he did not stop the 4am feeds until about 17 weeks xx

She is taking a full bottle at 7.30pm and then bed. I think tonight I'll see if she wakes for the next one.

My LO is in routine and I used to Dreamfeed her at 11, but she used to clamp her jaws down n not take it!!

I now give her bottle at 9pm and she sttn til 630am. I understood by her clamping down that she was telling me she didn't want it. She hasn't had that feed since bout 8 weeks old

How many bottles a day was your LO taking at that point?

Erm i not much help but ive never df'd isobelle and she has STTN since 9weeks old. Her last feed being about 7-8pm ish, then i let her have 30mins for bottle to go down, then put her to bed where she usually sleeps a good 10hrs

xx

What routine did you have and how many bottles did she have a day?

LO was having 180ml every four hours, 6 bottles. HV said to try and fit them in the day. She now has those 6 but wakes for a 7th.

We have recently stopped dreamfeeding but he's 16 weeks and takes so much in the day, however, sometimes he wakes at 3/4am and sometimes he doesn't, often it's because he's filled his nappy! And then won't settle so I have to give him a couple of ounces... He goes down at 7pm after a bath and bottle but takes 8oz of hungry baby every 3 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->