i think the fetus just came out, how do i know?

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by dsbeH, Nov 17, 2011.

1. dsbeH

dsbeH Well-Known Member

i know this is really graphic, but been bleeding all day and then this veiny looking glob as big as a thumb just came out, it wasnt inside of anything but some tissue was attached to it. it didnt look like a fetus at all but i guess i could see a shape of a head. could it have been something else?

2. amotherslove

amotherslove MamaToLilyLucyAndLila<3

could have been a piece of the sac.. how far along were you? the baby should look like a baby.. like a fetus.. like a little person.. but it would depend on how far along you were i suppose<3

3. dsbeH

dsbeH Well-Known Member

thank you. the size was 3 mm, between 5 and 6 weeks. it might have looked like a baby but it was covered in blood and greyish tissue so i couldnt tell. it wasnt white like the online pics show...

4. Beans28

Beans28 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for all your going through :(

I think at 5-6 weeks the baby is around the size of an Appleseed. I'm sure the sac is larger but idk how big.

You should call your MD with any questions.

Best wishes to you and yours

5. snowflakes120

snowflakes120 Mama Birdie!!

I lost something like that too - it was a big bloody blob with 3 grape sized gray things in it. At the time I thought it was the sac but it actually wasn't. This I guess is part of the womb.

About 2 hours later I passed what was the sac. It was kinda clear/creamy colored, round and looked like blob of jelly. After talking to my dr. the next day - she informed me that this was the sac. I was measuring 5+2 at the time.

6. dsbeH

dsbeH Well-Known Member

so the sac/fetus isn't the gray veiny blob?

7. twice unlucky

twice unlucky Mummy to 7month old

If you're lookin for a baby in what you passed you may think you see it. its common for some women to bleed and even pass clots and go on to have healthy pregnancies. Book an appt with epau who will do a scan. Lie down if poss n bed rest incase its not miscarriage. if you can take it to doc/ hospital and they will check it. In my first mc i passed what felt like an orange sized water balloon n the placenta. on the second it looked like liver (sorry) there were no grey bits or baby but what looked like placenta and yolk sac x

8. amotherslove

amotherslove MamaToLilyLucyAndLila<3

it may have been a piece of placenta or umbilical cord?

9. dsbeH

dsbeH Well-Known Member

how do you know the difference? i think mine looked like liver...could that have been the beginning of an unformed baby?

10. twice unlucky

twice unlucky Mummy to 7month old

Could be but if you don't go to the doctors you will never know and its important they record these things on your record x

11. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member