I think we're done

isil

Reaction score
Alasdair woke up this morning and when I tried to put him on the boob he didn't want it. He flat out refused. I'm not too upset, when I made the decision to mix feed, I knew it'd happen one day. We've managed to mix feed for about 2 and a half months after we failed at the whole exclusive thing. I feel like we've done well. I'm going to try again with number 2 whenever number 2 comes along but I've decided that I've given him as much as we could both manage and now total formula is the way forward :)

update: I spoke to my aunt (health visitor) and she says it's actually really common for babies of around 3 months to not want to breastfeed and that I might find that in a week he'll want to go back on. I've decided to express to keep my supply up just incase.

you do what feels right hun, at least if you espress your milk supplly will be there if he changes his mind xx

well done hunnie do whatever is right for both of you :hugs:

update: I spoke to my aunt (health visitor) and she says it's actually really common for babies of around 3 months to not want to breastfeed and that I might find that in a week he'll want to go back on. I've decided to express to keep my supply up just incase.

good for u!

Well it sounds like you've been doing a great job. I'm sure it must be sad that he's made up his mind, but like you said he might change his mind as well. x

Guess who's just gone back on the boob!!! :happydance:

He didn't feed for long but that's probably because he's not due a feed (if he was going to have a bottle) til 11:30. Going to try him again later :) I didn't realise how much I wanted him to do it until he stopped doing it.

I was like that too , I still miss it no matter how hard it was

ah hun im so pleased he had another go for u xxx

I've been breastfeeding him before each bottle feed...but I don't exactly know what I'm intending to do. I really ought to stop messing around with his feeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->