i took ibupropen on accident :/

Ellie001

Reaction score
Dh came home and said he pulled a neck muscle so i got him some ibuprhen out., 800mg.he left the room and i got distracted and ended up taking the ibupr. In my hand without thinking :dohh: i realized it about 5 mins later when hubby walked in the room again. I immediately paniked and started crying, shaking and trying to make my self throw it up. I had heard it was really bad for the baby and i didnt know what to do.I finally called the doc crying and he said it was okay and to calm down...but i was still a mess. I felt so stupid for being so careless and hubby got a bit mad at me for it as well.... didnt show it but told me later on.

Has anyone done stupid things like this before... or know anything abouf ibuprophen risk in the first tri? I am 11 weeks 4days. I cant stop thinking iwill make more mistakes that will be even worse. I hate pregnancy brain.

I wouldn't worry hun, one or two tablets will do no harm whatsoever. It's only if you wee to continually take it that it would do any harm x

When I was a few days over 4 weeks I ordered eggs Benedict at a restaurant and ate half of them before realizing "Oh shit these egg yolks are not cooked all the way and there may be raw eggs in the sauce" I was FREAKING OUT... On the inside. I was with people who didn't know I was pregnant so I had to pretend I was full, get a box and pretend like I was fine. I made an excuse to get home early so I could look it up online. Everything turned out fine but I was freaking out lol

I called the restaurant and the sauce was not made with raw eggs, phew

I've taken it off and on the entire time. Baby is fine. So long as you don't do it constantly, you're fine.

Just last night i woke up from a 2 hour nap at 7pm and i felt awful and my head was banging! I went into our 'drug drawer' and saw nurofen and i was about to crack two open before i saw the paracetamol and realized im not allowed to take anything other than that anymore :dohh: Dont beat yourself up about it, there's worse things out there people are taking while pregnant xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->