I want to Complain

Hey there, glad you've got good prenatals now. When will you be able to do your next ivf? I have 2 friends who got pregnant just before their ivf - one on the first round and one on the 2nd so fingers crossed for you in the meantime.

I got bfn on an IC today so everything feels quite final just waiting for spotting to stop then I'll start with the ovulation tests.

Xx

hello there! hope you had a great weekend! are those fun plans of yours coming up soon?
oh that's great you got a BFN - get crackin', as they said! So excited for you to get that next + OPK.
My next IVF will be probably in Sept. I have to get AF, then go through a 'normal' cycle, then we can start again. So I technically have 2 chances in between to do this for free. That would be wonderful. Someone on another thread has the theory that if you've had trouble getting pregnant, then get pregnant but lose it, it still kicks some hormonal imbalance that we might have had back into balance and it's a little easier to get pregnant after that. I like that theory so here's hoping!

Hey there, sorry I've been awol for ages - lots of fun on nights out and holidays! Hope things are good with you, any news??

I have been using Opks since bleeding stopped and no positive yet. No AF either and 37 days since miscarriage started. I feel PMTy rather than like I'm going to Ov so just assuming Ov isn't going to happen until after first AF - I'm hoping I'm not left waiting much longer.

Hi there! I'm glad you've been having so much fun!! I have too with plenty of plans for the rest of the summer as well. I'll be ready to start nestling into the fall with my new embies! :)
No AF for me yet either, but i'm starting to spot a little, have a pimple on my chin and I think I'm bloated! :haha: so she better come soon or I'm going to get a complex!
yeah, I don't know if I O'ed after the D&C either. That's ok - save my eggs for when they can be used! I don't have many left. :)
I'm hoping we can try au natural this month (maybe save ourselves a few thousand dollars??). But if not, I have a follow-up appointment with my RE on 8/24 to talk next steps. I hope I get AF soon so we can get going.

Here's to summer fun :)

AF arrived today and don't think I've ever been so pleased about it! Feels like a fresh start now. Let's both hope that it's true you're more fertile after a miscarriage.

I usually ov day 19-21 so a couple of weeks to chill now before we start going for it!

AF came for me last Friday, so i'm on cd4 now. I don't usually O until cd16, 17 or 18 so I have a couple of weeks as well! I'm reeeeallllly hoping that we're more fertile now and we can catch that egg this month! :)

good luck and keep me updated!

Jjay - did they scan you internally when they were checking after your d&c?

I am already bleeding and cramping like a period. i'm booked for mine tomorrow but i'm scared they won't do it if things have already started naturally.

Hi Joo sorry for your loss. I didn't have a d&c - I was only offered medical management so had the tablets in hospital. I only had internal scans at the first 2 scans (private scan followed the following day by hospital scan) after that the two follow up scans were just normal tummy scans.

The internal scans were ok anyway not too too uncomfortable and pretty quick.

I am not sure what they will do if you are already bleeding but in my experience the miscarriage, pain and bleeding weren't as bad as I was expecting.

J x

Sorry JJay, I totally misread the thread - I was having a complete tunnel vision moment :(

I'd had a speculum examination at the doctors followed by an internal scan at the hospital on Monday, it was only slightly uncomfortable. However with the blood tests, bleeding and knowing what they do at the procedure I was just so fed up of the poking and prodding and wanted to avoid the invasiveness of yet more internal scans. It all went fine and I'd only lost small clots prior to the procedure . Thank you your post really reassured me :)

It sucks we all had to go through this in one way or another. I hope you're all doing ok xx

hi JJ! how's it going? I just wanted to check in with you to see how this cycle is going. I think you should be O'ing soon, right? so exciting to be starting a fresh new chance.
I think I o'ed last weekend but I haven't really had any post-O feelings, so who knows. I met with the RE this past Monday to put the plan in place for IVF cycle 2, so that will start when I get AF next, which should be next Friday or so. Can't wait!!!

I hope you're having a wonderful wrap up to your summer!

Hi there! Had a lovely summer thanks :) I had my first positive opk yesterday. Feels like a long time coming so I'm guessing ov today. DH been away with work all week and home last night so we BD last night and tonight. Fingers crossed but just pleased it seems I'm back to normal.

Fxed for you too - you never know you might not need the next ivf. Xx

cd1 today so we're off and running with cycle 2. I'll keep you posted, if you want. Good luck to you - I hope you caught that egg this weekend!

Sorry you're out this month. Are you starting IVF again now? Please do keep me posted.

I'm 5dpo so a few more days before I can test. Thanks for the good wishes x

that's ok - it was expected. I think I O'ed (if I O'ed) really early so there was no luck this month! Not that we really tried, I think we've just chalked it up to IVF. So yep - starting cycle 2 now. Just took my first BCP last night, I'll take that until 9/14. Then we start the stims a few days later. Hopefully retrieval by the very end of the month and transfer at the beginning of Oct!
Good luck to you!! let me know when you test!!

Hey there,hope it's going ok and the hormones aren't getting to you. BFN for me and AF arrived yesterday so I guess being more fertile after a miscarriage didn't work for me. On to a fresh new cycle! X

hiya! oh man, I'm sorry you got a BFN. But yes, new hopes for a new cycle. We'll get there!
No hormones just yet, I'm on about a week and a half of BCP first, then I'll start the injections late next week. I can't wait, honestly. Though a close BNB bud just lost hers at 10 wks - just keeps reminding me of how delicate this whole thing is. It makes me so sad, and I'm heartbroken for her. :(

That's so sad :( especially after IVF. How are your injections going? My sis has finished here today and egg retrieval on Thursday so I have everything crossed. I hope you're finding it ok, I know from friends how tough it is.

No news here my cycles don't seem 100% back to normal, looks like I ov a couple of days late this month which is annoying as DH away, in with a slight chance but looks like it will be on to next month. A bit grumpy as its my birthday on Friday...another year older!

Sending you baby dust x

hi JJay! so happy to hear from you. Good luck and positive thoughts to your sister!
I'm sorry about your cycles - I wish this was easier to get back into. I, too, am having issues this cycle - I'm not responding the same way I did in cycle 1 to the meds. This time, I only have one follicle that is maturing and it's going at a snail's pace. I've been injecting for almost 2 weeks now. We'll most likely cancel it at the end of this week. It's so frustrating - just money down the tubes. I don't know when we will be able to try again. I'm sure I'll have to get these meds out of my system first, then start over. But we're full pay out of pocket for meds now and even with discounts, they can still run from 3-6k. We just don't have that sitting around, ya know?

Happy birthday on Friday! I feel you - I'll be 40 in Dec. :(

:dust:Thanks Wish2mom :) you have such a positive outlook. Sorry about the sucky results for you this cycle, did they say why they think only one follicle matured? Could it be the miscarriage? Will they scan again or will you be onto next cycle?

It's crazy expensive- we are lucky here that we get 1-3 cycles free depending on location. My sister will get 3 if she wants but had reacted badly to the injections and had a horrible time. I'm not sure what she'll decide if not successful this time. She has egg retrieval tomorrow so I have everything crossed for her.

Thinking of you too and hoping you get some good news soon.

:flower:

hi there!
well things turned around a little for us - since we just have the one follicle and my lining looks great, we're going to try for IUI this time. it's 100% covered since we've already hit our out of pocket max for the year, so why not! rather than waste the cycle, why not try to make something of it. So I should be triggering tonight or tomorrow and we'll do the turkey baster on Sunday or monday! :) i'm excited, but trying not to get my hopes up b/c DH's sperm isn't super fabulous. But you never know!!

how did your sister's retrieval go? I'm sorry she had a tough time with the meds. They get pretty bad.
No, the doc can't really say why I didn't respond as well this time - she just said that maybe the eggs that were lined up for this month weren't as plentiful - it happens. if we need to do IVF again, she's going to go with a different protocol. She already has the plan in place. Hopefully we don't need it!

:dust: to you too! have a great weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->