I want to put on weight

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
Anyone trying to loose some weight, do ya wanna donate some to me?!
I want to.. need to.. put on more weight! I know thats not something you hear often but its driving me mad.

My doctor said im loosing weight because of the lack of sleep, im not eating enough food to equal out the amount of energy my body is using.

Some of you may know im only small as it is, 4ft11 and always a size 6 but now my size6 jeans are dropping off and thats not a good look! Its making me depressed, i dont want to look so skinny!

What kind of food should i eat to put on more weight?! Someone help meeee ! :(

I dont know hun but your doc should be able to point you in the right direction :)
could it also be a thyroid problem?? have u had blood tests?!

I would happily give you some of mine... *sigh* if only it worked like that :(

maybe more carbrohydrates? and lots of full fat dairy products
what do you eat in a day morning til night? just so we have a better idea?

I have the same problem hun. Although I walk a lot and eat a lot i still don't put any weight on and it's really starting to get to me! I am only 5'2 and a size 6 but like you size 6 is sometimes even too small!

Put quite simply you need to eat more calories than you use - and you need to do this regularly. It's not enough just to have occasional extra snacks.

Set yourself a realistic target weight and aim to increase your weight gradually, by about 1 kg (2 lbs) every month until you reach it. To do this, you'll need to take in about 350 extra calories each day. Your body will respond better if you do this by eating healthily, rather than just eating more chocolate or fatty foods.

It's important to eat regularly throughout the day. Plan to eat three regular meals, plus two or three snacks in between. If you find this difficult at first, you could start with small meals and gradually make them larger. To add more calories to your meals, you could:

* have an extra slice of toast for breakfast,
* drink grape juice rather than orange or apple juice,
* make coffee and tea with milk,
* serve an extra spoon of mashed potato, wholemeal rice or wholemeal pasta,
* add lean minced meat, lentils, beans or noodles to meals like casseroles and soups,
* be more generous with healthier unsaturated oils, such as olive, sunflower and vegetable oils, salad dressing and spreads, and
* always have a dessert.

Using fortified whole milk in your hot drinks will also add more calories (you can find this with the UHT milk in the supermarket), but try and cut down the amount of tea and coffee you drink each day, replacing it with milky drinks instead.

To help you keep on track for your target weight, it might help to keep a food diary :)

As well as eating regularly, it's important to eat healthily. Your diet will be balanced if you eat foods from the five main food groups in the right amounts.

* Carbohydrates like bread, pasta and potatoes should make up about one third of your diet.
* You should aim to eat five portions of fruit and vegetables each day.
* About one fifth of what you eat each day should be protein - choose from meat, fish and eggs, or beans and nuts.
* You should aim to get 700mg of calcium each day, roughly the same as a pint of milk or two small yoghurts. You can also get calcium from soya milk and yoghurts with added calcium, and from leafy green vegetables.
* Fatty or sugary foods like butter, chocolate, crisps and cakes should make up the smallest part of your diet.

Keep some healthy snacks handy, to make it easier to keep to your plan. You might like to choose from:

* fresh or dried fruit,
* cereal or cereal bars,
* milk, yoghurt drinks or smoothies,
* flapjacks, scones or fruit buns,
* nuts and seeds,
* pots of rice pudding, custard or yoghurt,
* wheatmeal biscuits,
* pasteurised cheese and crackers.

And, of course, a small chocolate bar once in a while doesn't do any harm!

Ideas for more filling snacks include omelettes with healthy fillings such as ham, cheese or mushroom, baked beans on wholemeal toast, and jacket potatoes with toppings like tuna and coleslaw or cold chicken and turkey.

Didn't mean this to turn into a huge massive essay, I'm just used to feeding my brothers up to gain weight before they head off on tour or exercise with the army so it's all stored up there in my head! (they need all the weight they can get before they get out there)

you can happily have as much of my extra flub as you want hun..:hugs:
good luck with putting on weight, but be sensible about it.. as fun as it sounds, dont just stuff your face with chocolate :lol: x

you can defo have some of mine. rachiebaby24's (sp?) doing i aswell i think she's got a meal plan xx

hey , not sure what to advise, but my best friend (on the right in the pic) is the same as you hun, she tries her hardest but just cant put on weight and shes had triplets!! some people who are small find it hard, hope you get some good advice, and maybe i can give some to my friend!!
xxx

Can i stick a pipe from me to you. I was just about to write an essay but orange-sox saved me a job. Everything shes put is the best way to put on weight.

Can I join you hun?!! I now weigh 11 stone - I was 12.5st pre-pregancy, but I'm 6foot. My jeans are falling off my and they don't rest comfortably on my now slightly sticky out hip bones. I'm so upset every day :cry:
And some peoples comments don't help do they? Some people can be quite nasty about it.
I will be following Orange_sox advice. Keep in touch hn and let me know how you're doing x x

IF you're finding it hard, you could always try and keep a running total of what you've gained, like the reverse of wieghtwatchers, maybe use this thread as a support and congradulations bit for making your goals weights etc.

Thanks orange-sox thats great.

Kerry - My doctor didnt seem to concerned to test for anything or do bloodtests.. Im going back in another 3weeks to see if iv lost even more.

On a usual day i eat bacon sandwich for breakfast with 4 peices of bacon
then a youghurt
for lunch i eat a microwave meal if at home or subway,kfc ect. when out.
dinner i eat a large meal.. no dessert though. And i dont snack in between but im going to start to snack between meals too and have dessert after dinner and maybe make meals slightly bigger if i can finish it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->