I weaned at 9 weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxleeleexxx

mum to DD & DS
Reaction score
....AT THE APPROVAL OF BOTH MY DOCTOR AND HEALTH VISITOR!

why are people always disaproving of mothers (and fathers) who decided to wean early??

Chloe does not have any medical reson for being weaned early but thats they way it is. Shes a hungry baby and the hungrier baby milk gives her very bad constipation (she used to be upall night screaming in pain) and didnt go until i put her back on normal formula!

She is quite advaced and can already pull herself into a sitting position when on my lap!

i did up her milk sevral times and she has had more growth sputs than she should have had by now, but it didnt make any difference, she was always unsettled after feeds. And no it wasnt wind as she is brilliant at bringing up her wind, it takes about 1min to get it all up and sometimes she doesnt even need *patting* to get it up :thumbup:

since she started solid food she has been sooo happy and contented and even started sleaping for 11hrs instead of 8!! bliss!

SO JUST BECAUSE IT'S NOT RIGHT FOR YOUR BABIES DOESNT MEAN IT'S NOT RIGHT FOR MINE.

ok rant over !!

Love Leanne and a VERY HAPPY AND EXTREAMLY HEALTHY Chloe xxx

i weaned zane at 4 months and i got comments off people.

no matter what we do in life there will always be people who think they no it all n feel they have to comment.

ignore it all if its what is best for ur girl then its what u must do x

Ok whilst I respect your decision, when you know that this thread will get a reaction, why did you post it in the first place? You can say what you like, people will still think you are wrong.

At the end of the day if you know your decision is right, then you don't need to tell other people that its right.

Chill out and just ignore people's comments. Getting worked up is pointless, I don't bother.

Sorry but the only reason you have posted this is to get a reaction and a reaction is what you will get! If you have been advised to do it then fine go ahead it is your baby.

xx

I agree, you have just posted to get a reaction and start an arguement, your not even asking for advice:shrug:

oh dont get me wrong im not upset or angry with anyones comments because i know that this is what my baby wants. i just want people to understand that ALL babies are different. its our desicion and were going to stick to it! but still why should people judge others desicions??

im only 19 years old so people could judge me for that!

but im engaged, planing on going back to work, not on benifits and we own our house!

oh dont get me wrong im not upset or angry with anyones comments because i know that this is what my baby wants. i just want people to understand that ALL babies are different. its our desicion and were going to stick to it! but still why should people judge others desicions??

but im engaged, planing on going back to work, not on benifits and we own our house!

Good for you!!! Stick to it!!! Its none of my business, but why is it necessary for you to post a thread on such a controversial subject, just to get a reply??

Why on earth is your age/relationship status/employment relevant to when you wean your child???? It seems like you're saying more or less anything you can to start an arguement - not everyone can own their own house, and people on benefits can be fantastic parents.

i wouldnt worry about it, no body knows on here your 19. i weaned at 16 due to slow weight gain from birth and refusing a bottle.

btw I 28 nearly and get judged

in life as ive said before ppl will get judged whether its from our choices as ppl or parents.

and whether ur 19 or 39 u will get some ppl judging ur age and reasons for having a baby.

the amount of times ive been judged for things ive lost count but i wont let it get to me anymore

Also this is not a thread asking for advice just need to express my feelings toward the subject. i am not advising anyone else to wean their babies this early unless they talk to HV/doctor.

But if anyone has any questions about weaning this early i would be happy to help :)

Leanne and Chloe (11 weeks today!! XD) xxx

Some people don't agree with your doctor and health visitors approval. Such is life. This thread is going to cause shit.

Why did the doctor / HV say you should start early out of interest?

She wasn't just posting for no reason as such, it's come from another thread but I guess it seems argumentative unless you've read the other thread.

Hun no one judges you

But I agree this is going to cause drama. I did stick up for you in there. Just breathe and ignore people that are annoying you or thinking they know best for you baby

She is your baby therefore you do what you feel is right
xx

a rant usually indicates you are upset about something? It doesnt matter what age your are or if you own your own house etc, these are not factors which determine maturity it is how you act and conduct yourself.

I'm black, have a degree have never had benefits, have a well spoken accent etc so basically I don't fit the stereotype but I don't even think about people judging me because of that. People arent 'judging' you because of that it is because medically there can be reasons why you really should wait at least four months to wean. Yes all babies are different but at 9 weeks medically a baby's stomach is very immature and may not be able to handle food but in your case it has worked out fine.

Anyway you have done it now so why bother getting this het up about it? Like people have said if you are happy with your decision then it is cool. You posting in here isn't going to change anybody's mind it will just provoke negative comments which will then turn into a huge debate over who is right or wrong and ultimately nobody is right or wrong, hence why they are called opinions.

Good for you!!! Stick to it!!! Its none of my business, but why is it necessary for you to post a thread on such a controversial subject, just to get a reply??

Why on earth is your age/relationship status/employment relevant to when you wean your child???? It seems like you're saying more or less anything you can to start an arguement - not everyone can own their own house, and people on benefits can be fantastic parents.

this is not to start arguments because noone need reply!

its just to voice my oppinion. If people dont like it or have nothing nice to say then dont say anything atall!

oh and i said about age because if they want something to judge me on then at least they know im not just young and nieve.

YOUNG MUMS ROCK!! (as do mums of all ages :D)

xxx

I love toria's bluntless she doesnt dress it up lol :D
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members