IBS & Pregnancy Woes (Sorry for the tmi!)

shirlls

Reaction score
I apologise in advance for the tmi in this post, but I am so frustrated and need to sound off!

I have mild IBS which plays up a lot when I am pregnant or on my period. I can go days of having constipation and trapped wind, usually preceding a sudden feeling of having to run and having diarrhoea. This sudden feeling often comes on when I am outside and I am one of these really prissy people who refuses (wherever possible) to go to the toilet outside the house.

I hate it, and it happened to me today at work, where I spent all day really uncomfortable and trying to hold it in :blush:

Oh no. Poor u that must be so annoying, hope things get better

I'm right there with you. It was really bad in 1st tri. I actually had an accident trying to make it home. I'd take morning sickness over the pregnant ibs any day.

Oof, me, too.

Have you figured out food triggers that make you swing in one direction or another? I know we can't control hormonal triggers, but I've been playing with my food triggers to try to prevent either constipation or diarrhea from getting too severe. This means a complete lack of comfortable intestine time, but it at least keeps the discomfort to mild-moderate levels.

I've also been working to keep my physical stress responses low, but I have practice doing that from a host of other autoimmune issues. If you want tips on that front, let me know.

Good luck!

Ooooh.
I have undiagnosed bowel issues. Before pregnancy it was being investigated, but that stopped as soon as I got my positive (I'm not sure why, although my doctor thought it could be endometriosis irritating my bowel).
Anyway, I suspect IBS. I get it often, more so during my period. And it's been pretty constant through the pregnancy (which I believe would rule out endometriosis?).
I will be constipated for days, then suddenly feel like I have a stomach bug. Diarrhoea, severe cramping, I go all hot and feel like in going to pass out, then don't know what end it's going to come out of.

It's happening once every sodding week since 3rd tri. I also don't use public toilets, and I don't get the intense pain and hot flushes until I am actually sat on the toilet, so I cope with the 'oh my god impending diarrhoea' feeling long enough to get home. (I've been no further than 15 minutes from home for the majority of this pregnancy for this reason haha)

Oh, I am right there with you on the diarrhea stuff :( I don't get the constipation, but diarrhea is my everyday life. I have IBS, plus I recently had my gallbladder removed, then add pregnancy to that! It's probably why I haven't really been gaining weight with this pregnancy.

I'm like you, I hate using public bathrooms. I try to wait until it's empty, or fairly empty if I can, but it never fails, as soon as I get in there, someone comes in and takes the stall right next to me. I was at the state fair one day, and was in a completely empty bathroom with 10 stalls, and someone entered the stall right next to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->