IC opks (green handle) - do you need to wait 20 minutes?

NorthStar

Reaction score
I should probably just PM this straight to Dachie as subject matter expert but others might as well benefit from her knowledge :wacko:

So, with the IC opk strips (green handle) the directions say pee in a pot and wait 20 minutes for urine to come to room temperature.

Is there any actual chemical need to do this? Frankly it's a pain in the arse :dohh:.

I bought midstream tests this cycle just to avoid this issue but there is a lot of wasted packaging on them, so for next cycle I'm going to use the IC ones when I'm home and midstream ones if I'm testing at work.

So, what does everyone else do? Thanks

No you don't. I dip straight afterwards and have never had a problem.

I think I am going to start a POAS thread so you guys can see what all of the different tests and evaps look like, lol. :wacko:

There are theories that say if the urine is too warm, you might get a false negative, but in my experience, it's just not true.

No you don't. I dip straight afterwards and have never had a problem.

I think I am going to start a POAS thread so you guys can see what all of the different tests and evaps look like, lol. :wacko:

There are theories that say if the urine is too warm, you might get a false negative, but in my experience, it's just not true.

Brilliant, I would trust your judgement completely on this as I know you've put all these tests through their paces thoroughly.

Yeah start a new POAS thread with photos, that would be AWESOME :flower::flower::flower:

Did it come out positive? Feel free to post a pic!

Oh I'm just getting my facts in order for next cycle, I ordered them and they arrived today, but it'll be a couple of weeks before I can POAS, as I'm only 8DPO

Oh I'm just getting my facts in order for next cycle, I ordered them and they arrived today, but it'll be a couple of weeks before I can POAS, as I'm only 8DPO

Ok, lol. So you have the other POAS coming up hopefully! FXed...:hugs:

Well who knows, I'm not sure after last month's extremely wonky cycle.

Haven't really done any HPTs maybe I should do some just as a BnB rite of passage.

Well who knows, I'm not sure after last month's extremely wonky cycle.

Haven't really done any HPTs maybe I should do some just as a BnB rite of passage.

Never ask em, I will always say pee on it and if it's neg, wait for the evap and post the pic so I can add it to my collection! lol

Never ask em, I will always say pee on it and if it's neg, wait for the evap and post the pic so I can add it to my collection! lol

Oh hilarious, POAS for a cause, for a scientific study even!

Well I'm only 8DPO and I'm getting a spot on my chin which usually precedes AF so I'm not feeling the POAS

Dmom I think when you're home tonight you should definitely write up a special POAS thread completely with pics.:flower:

Well I'm only 8DPO and I'm getting a spot on my chin which usually precedes AF so I'm not feeling the POAS

Dmom I think when you're home tonight you should definitely write up a special POAS thread completely with pics.:flower:

I can make this happen over the next few days I think!

Yep I agree, I've never had a problem dipping straight away!

I can make this happen over the next few days I think!

am looking forward to "everything you ever wanted to know about POAS but were afraid to ask...":winkwink:

I know I would find that REALLY helpful! Looking forward to it.:thumbup:

I use green IC and I dip straight away. So the idea is the urine is too warm when it first comes out and you want to let it cool down?

BTW a great site about POAS and all the things you could wonder about is:
https://www.peeonastick.com/

and I've never noticed anything there about waiting for urine to come to room temp.

I use green IC and I dip straight away. So the idea is the urine is too warm when it first comes out and you want to let it cool down?

BTW a great site about POAS and all the things you could wonder about is:
https://www.peeonastick.com/

and I've never noticed anything there about waiting for urine to come to room temp.

Yes, but I have heard about it more for HPTs vs. OPKs. I love that website as well!

Someone actually did a video clip on POAS....:haha:

https://peeonastick.com/poshpt.mov

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"