iCandy Cherry vs Babystyle Oyster

butterfly80

Reaction score
Hi we have eventually got it down to 2, either the iCandy cherry or the Oyster Plush, although the Plush isn't out yet it only has a couple of changes from the original Oyster. I wondered if anyone has any of these as we really cannot decide. I love the iCandy and my husband loves the Oyster. We did a pros and cons list of both and they came out even, price difference is only £41 and the same car seat goes on both.

Anything you have found out from personal experience would help us loads

Thanks in advance xxxxx

I have the Cherry and love it. I waffled on about the pros here if you're interested. I still love it, clean it regularly and quite precious about how even hubby treats it because I love it so much. I have a stroller and haven't been tempted to use it at all, it just doesn't come close to the Cherry.

Post #8 hun here where I waffle on:
https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/458895-pram-have-you-got.html#post7699036

Thanks for replying MrsVenn, really helpful, the only negative I could find was it doesn't collapse with the stroller on and as I don't drive this worried me, I am not overally sure when I would need to collapse it though :shrug: they are such a lot of money that I want to make sure we pick the right one. Can I ask what colour you got. I love the Mulberry but not sure if we can put a boy in it (we don't think we are finding out if we are having a boy or girl) and I love the fudge but not sure if it would show up every mark xxxxx

Not a problem, we have the Fudge and hand on heart, I take it out every single day and there's not a mark on it. We oved the Mulberry but like you didn't think it would suit a boy so went neutral.

I also only ever collapse mine to go in the car so I don't think it'll be a problem having it up all the time...don't quote me on that ;)

Would you like ap iccie? xxx

Oh yes please, I do love it. Now just have to fight my corner with my husband, one of the things he said was it would get really dirty if we had fudge so now I can tell him what you said. I do love the fudge colour as its a bit different and I never really see anyone with one in that colour, thank you again xxxx

Not at all, here's mine:

I got JL to order in 2 seat covers in 'sand' to go in it to protect the seat (one in wash, one on) and pad it out whilst LO was small. As they grow, you can take them out and the seat unit gets bigger. I also have the footmuff which I highly recommend, it's been brilliant over winter. Molly got crisps, tomatoes, everything on it recently (she's weaning) and they've washed out absolutely fine. You'd be surprised how clean it stays to be honest, it's quite a dark stone colour so marks and smudges wouldn't show. My friend has a black Apple and she says everything shows on that.

Here's the piccy:

https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss97/MrsVenn/Random/Photo0012.jpg

https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss97/MrsVenn/Random/Photo0006.jpg

Oh and the seat covers come in 7 colours. They're the same as the ones on the Apple but ICandy make them to fit the Cherry, Pear and Apple. I've not seen anyone with the seat covers out so that's quite nice. If you don't ask, you don't get ;) xxx

thanks so much, we tried it in the shop and I have pictures from the catologue but its nice to have actual photos. Was the pad expensive if you don't mind me asking. If we get this one :winkwink: I have said I want the footmuff and parasol as well xx

Lol!! I can recommend the cup holder too ;)

They were about £30 I think, so not cheap but even if you just get one, it'll protect your seat. I've been thinking of getting a lilac one recently, haha. Oh and they're fleecey like the inside of the footmuff so lovely and soft.

The footmuff is really good, it hangs over the seat at the top so is nice and secure and you can unzip the top bit off so if you're in a warm restaurant or what not, LO won't bake. Hope that helps and hope you convince him, we're really pleased with ours and glad we didn't go for the Peach or Bug Cam (they were our contenders), friends who have both of these are already using a Maclaren.. the Cherry is so light in comparison and the seat so much more spacious.

Oo are you thinking of getting the carrycot too btw? xxx

Ohh will put that on my list as well hehe. Yes getting the carrycot as well, its all so nice. Think we have decided (if we get it) on getting a different changing bag such as https://www.littlepumpkin.co.uk/shop/out-and-about/baby-changing-bags/skip-hop-dash-deluxe-blossom xx

Ooo now that goes very well if I do say so myself :thumbup: The Cherry one isn't that big I thought. I have a Kipling bag which is massive but still fits in the basket along with shopping, so you'll have loads of room to spare.

Get some bag clips too, I've found these really useful, just basic black ones from Amazon and they don't put strain on the chassis when you hang bags from them.

Oh and the other thing I'd tell your OH is that the hood is detachable so as LO grows (from 2+), if they're tall, you can take that off so they won't bump their head or feel squashed :) Raincover is really easy to put on too, on both the carrycot and chair, no hassle at all which what you want when it suddenly chucks it down! xxx

Hey there, I too have the cherry and have found lots of negatives - please dont buy the parasol - mine broke within 2 weeks - total waste of £20plus when the £7 one I got from Boots after has lasted a lot longer!!! It takes up the whole of the boot of my car (Fiesta), the aftercare service from icandy is CRAP, the chasis scratches easily, when a stone gets caught in the wheels you have to dig it out which leaves a mark, the brake bar has rusted (and I always dry it off! and clean regularly) the seat and carry cot are awkward to get on and off the chasis - especially when baby is asleep in it!!! To name a few - I like the way it looks, but would so not spend this amount of money on it if I knew what I know now ifykwim!!! Please feel free to ask any other questions! xxx
PS I use mine at elast 3 times a week for walks and twice in the car xx (oh and i am not usually a whinger!!! - I sound so negative - sorry, just wanted to make you aware of the issues I have) x

Mork, I'm so sorry you've had all of these problems, I haven't experienced any of the above at all. I've spoken to ICandy twice and both times they've been brilliant.. such a shame you've had a negative experience. How long have you had it for?

Its the only pram/pushchair i have had for my lo! It has seriously been a nightmare - I so wish I had not spent the money on it!! (tbh the only reason I did was for the colour - I have the mulberry, which was really unique when I brought it this time last year!!!) Glad yours has been ok - do you not even get the stones in the wheels?? Oh, and the straps are still not tight across my baby to hold her in on the tightest setting - and as you can see she is 9months old!!! xx

I have the Oyster and I love it but I will admit that aesthetically the Cherry comes up trumps but I can't comment on anything else other than how it looks :mrgreen: I love my Oyster for so so so many reasons; it's light and compact when folded up, which was great for me because I'm small and a bit of a weakling tbh :haha: I like the fact you can buy the colour packs, so for £50 you can change the colour of your pram frequently, if you want to splurge a bit. Although, I never got one because I'm having to get rid of my Oyster and my double is coming soon :happydance: so it seemed a bit unneccessary. I just found the Oyster easy I guess and I liked how it could be parent-facing as well as outward-facing. There was a nice surprise in the form of a uv-ray protected mosquito net so, although it made the universal parasol I'd already bought redundant :dohh: I was pleased to find it cos it was fab in the summer. The only thing that did irk me a bit about the Oyster was the shopping basket, which I thought was small, but it's only because I was jealous of my friend's huuuuge basket on her absolutely bus-like Graco. I think it makes sense that the bigger the pram you get the bigger the basket so hey ho :shrug:
I do like the Cherry though but I personally think the Oyster wins it for the colour packs they've introduced (it'd be like having a whole new pram every now and again) I am biased though :haha: xx

Oh no Mork :nope: thanks for replying I cant believe it has got rusty, MrsVenn have you had trouble with the parasol? xx

Its the only pram/pushchair i have had for my lo! It has seriously been a nightmare - I so wish I had not spent the money on it!! (tbh the only reason I did was for the colour - I have the mulberry, which was really unique when I brought it this time last year!!!) Glad yours has been ok - do you not even get the stones in the wheels?? Oh, and the straps are still not tight across my baby to hold her in on the tightest setting - and as you can see she is 9months old!!! xx

Not at all, I check the wheels everyday when I go out (habit more than anything) and there's no dents,stuck stones nothing, just wear from pushing. The straps are tight on Molly too, you've adjusted them on the waist, straps from behind as well as inside I'm guessing? Hmm..do you have a seat cover? This has padded mine out a bit so maybe why the straps are 'tighter' as such as they haveto go through that as well as LO. Such a shame though, hate it when people have a crap experience with something you haven't. So are you looking at replacing it? xxx

Oh no Mork :nope: thanks for replying I cant believe it has got rusty, MrsVenn have you had trouble with the parasol? xx

I'll be honest, I haven't used mine yet, saving it for when it gets brighter. I'm happy to test it tomorrow when we go shopping and let you know? xxx

Hey, the straps are loose with the cosy toes on (which is one of the things i do still like about it - as Mrs Venn said), she is 17lbs now so would have expected them to be snug!!! Oh and I have to regularly spray it with a lubricant based spray otherwise it 'sticks' when putting up and down!!
I do like the basket though - nice size!
The good thing about the parasol was that it tilted to a good angle!
(see there were one or two positives!!!)
I cant afford to replace it at the moment, and am ttc no 2 so will only do so now when i have to get a double!!! (fingers crossed!!!!)
xx

Hey, the straps are loose with the cosy toes on (which is one of the things i do still like about it - as Mrs Venn said), she is 17lbs now so would have expected them to be snug!!! Oh and I have to regularly spray it with a lubricant based spray otherwise it 'sticks' when putting up and down!!
I do like the basket though - nice size!
The good thing about the parasol was that it tilted to a good angle!
(see there were one or two positives!!!)
I cant afford to replace it at the moment, and am ttc no 2 so will only do so now when i have to get a double!!! (fingers crossed!!!!)
xx

That's it, I want your pushchair now to work out what's going on with those straps :haha:

Ooo fingers crossed and then a whole new realm of pushchair shopping! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->