iCandy Cherry vs Babystyle Oyster

That would be great - wanna come visit me??!!!! lol!!!
Seriously though, I have all of them on the tightest settings and as I said also have the cosy toes on.
I am beginning to think I got a dud one!!!!
xx

I'm tempted, I need closure on these things, lol! Hmm, it doesn't sound right at all. Can you post a piccy of them? Don't worry if you can't be bothered, have you thought about using reins/extra harness instead and hooking them in to the 'd' rings in the seat, it may give you more security for LO if you're worried about the straps? xxx

Now that is a good idea!!!! (cant believe i didnt think of that!!!!), I will try to remember to take some pics as would be good to show you xx

Yeah, lets see if we can work this out, I'm sitting here thinking of my chair and how the straps are. When you post some pics, I'll get the chair and compare and see if we can work out what's going on. Blinking things, it's never straight forward is it! xxx

Hey, i have neither of these pushchairs but both were at the top of my list when i was after replacing my quinny buzz for a more lightweight less bulky pram a couple of months ago, however in the end i went for a lightweight buggy as thought i may as well get some more use out of my buzz. I tested both out and had a play with both in the shop even sat Lo in them, I prefered the cherry to the oyster, in my oppinion i thought the oyster was very plasticy the handle and the seat unit and that (but i suppose i may be biased as i was comparing everything to my buzz lol), i also didnt like how lo looked when i sat him in it he looked very uncomfy although at the time he was only 3 months (and they dont recommend you use the seat until lo is 6 months), but i thought he looked a lot comfier in the cherry. I also thought the cherry was nicer to push. However like my buzz on the cherry you have to remove the seat unit when folding it down, which on the oyster i dont think you had to (dont quote me on that not 100% sure). Good luck and hope yuou find the perfect pram! xx

Hi :flower:

I'm new but I had to leave a comment sorry!
We have the iCandy Cherry for our little boy and it is fantastic! Pushes beautifully, turns on a sixpence and very easy to assemble/fold. It fits the boot of our little car plus room for about 7 big bags of shopping plus changing bag at the same time. The shopping basket is wonderful and fits a lot of stuff in there plus I always have the raincover in the shopping basket (just in case it rains) and there is still room. The rain cover is soooo simple to put on and off and we also have the cup holder- I'm not sure it's really worth buying the cup holder if I'm totally honest. It's a nice touch but it is actually kinda bulky and I found it gets in the way a lot and you have to remove the cup holder and the clamp to fold the chassis too- I know this is why the chassis is so light, it's just a bit annoying.

Now, the main reason I wanted to comment was this: what is the problem with using mulberry for a boy? We have it in mulberry and honestly we have had nothing but compliments on the colour and nobody has ever assumed our wee one is a girl or anything like that. It works fine for both sexes as it is a dark purpley colour, we loved the berry blue but that was not unisex enough as we want to use this pram for our next baby too and if it's a girl then the mulberry will still work. We didn't like the fudge colour to be honest, I just didn't think it gave the pram that nice bright look that makes it stand out from others.
Anyway, the mulberry is fab for boy or girl- believe me I have it and everyone has loved it!
I am only at the stage of using the carrycot so far so cannot give a full review as yet really but that part is fantastic and our son is very comfy in there and sleeps happily when we are out and about but also is equally happy looking all around him with the hood pushed back.
Hope I've helped (although maybe you already bought your pram by now.... not to worry :blush: )
Good luck with your pram, I loved the Oyster too but the iCandy won it for me, not for any reason really purely based on how I felt the day we went to the pram shop.

xxxxx

Hi Cherrylove, thanks for the reply... so we have 100% decided on the peach (changed our mind again) he he making a decision has been a nightmare. We loved the Cherry and very nearly decided on it but decided that as I am 30 and hubbie is 34 we will probably be trying for baby number 2 in the not so near future and so the peach can be changed into a 2 seater.

The Mulberry I completely loved, it is gorgeous and on our last pushchair visit put some blue accessories on (blanket and activity thing) and it could 100% be for a boy. Its so hard to make the right decision about which one to buy as its such a lot of money xxxx

:thumbup:
The peach is absolutely gorgeous! I am also 30 and our wee one is only 3 months old but I have a Clio so it (the peach) wouldn't fit my boot plus we're 4 floors up so needed the lightest one :haha:
What colour have you gone for with the peach? I would have loved it in sweetpea :blush:
It's sooo exciting!! xxxx

I am 30 and hubbie is 34 we will probably be trying for baby number 2 in the not so near future and so the peach can be changed into a 2 seater.

Excellent idea! :thumbup: Honestly, I soooo wish I'd thought like this. I adored my Oyster but if I'd bought something like the Peach or the baby jogger (like I'm getting now) I would have only needed the second seat unit, an extra rraincover etc rather than a whole new pram :dohh:

The peach is gorgeous but it was more than we could afford. The baby jogger is similar but more within our price range :flower: xx

The peach is more than we can really afford, my husbands mum died unexpectedly before Christmas and his Dad gave us some money to buy something for baby so we decided on that as a treat to us and baby. We think we are going for the Black Jack colour but havent 100% made our mind up.
I dont drive (had just bought a Ford KA and was learning when I fell pregnant) and so will be walking a lot and felt really comfy with it and could collapse it so easily and put the chassis over my shoulder with the strap. I wanted to see the Strawberry but they have pushed back the release date which I was a bit gutted about, I love all the iCandy ones :) xx

I have the icandy cherry and its amazing soo light to push and easy to put together.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->