Icandy cherry vs mamas and papas glide?!

babylinz2011

Reaction score
Me and hubby are bickering over which buggy is best. He loves the glide and i love the cherry. Thereare some bad reviews online of the cherry but cant find any of the glide, you can only get the glide online and its basically the sola but in red and black but you get all the accessories with it.

The thing that puts hubby off the cherry is aparantley you can heighten the handle bar and with hubby being 6'6 hes worried he'll be stooping.

Has anyone out there got either of these two buggies and which one do you think is better?

Just search for reviews of the Sola as it's the same pram. There's hundreds of reviews and threads for the Sola.

I haven't got either but tried them both out. The Cherry is lovely and light and has a big basket but you have to remove the seat to collapse it. That would drive me round the bend! I thought the Sola/Glide was great but it was quite big once collapsed which is why we didn't get it in the end.

I've tried out both and we are going for the cherry. You can't adjust the handlebars. I'm 5'2, my dh is 5'11 and we didn't have any problems pushing it. You'd have to pop into a store to try it out. I'm not very strong and found a lot of the prams heavy. Having two separate parts- chassis and carrycot, meant that there were two lighter pieces for me to lift in and out of the car.

I had the Cherry for about 2 months and hated it! So we got rid of it!!..... the main reason was because I always really struggled getting the seat unit off. It alsways got jammed, then I end up catching my finger and swearing at it in the street!!!..... the fact that you had to take it off to collapse it made this even more frustrating!!

On the possitive side.... we had the blue one which is a lovely, eye catching colour!

I've never used the Sola, so can't comment.

I had the cherry and personally couldnt fault it, other than the seat unit being on the large size, and we had a tiny girl so the straps didnt fit her properly til about 8/9 months.

Its sooo light and easy to push, by far the best pram I've ever owned and from experience I would NEVER buy from mamas and papas again!!

Hello, I'm new lol! Just went through this same dilemma myself. Eventually settled on the Cherry and have absolutely no regrets. It's really great and very lightweight - I can even lift it out of the boot with one hand. It's got good suspension for when we do decide to go out into the countryside (we city-dwellers predominantly though for which it's perfect) and we can use the chassis with the carrycot and also the Maxi Cosy Cabrio car seat.

I wouldn't get too affected by negative reviews - I was told by the sales assistant that people often complain if they've overloaded the basket/hung shopping, on even attached buggy boards which puts too much weight on the back and can cause strain to the wheels. Common sense rather than throwing caution to the wind.

Hope this helps :) x

I have the Glide and I LOVE it :) can't recommend it highly enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->