ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Plex

Reaction score
:hi:

Well I never thought I'd be here starting ANOTHER IVF thread!! :coffee:

4th cycle for me hoping its my lucky cycle!

Im doing ICSI this time after a zero fertilization on my 3rd cycle. This is our last one as we will be financially broken afterwards. Just hope it works!!

Is there ANYONE out there who wants to compare notes through this process - whether your first IVF or one of many - all welcome! :flower:

I look forward to chatting!

Hey plex just stalking threads and have seen this !

Am so happy your having another bash at it !!! I'll keep my toes crossed for you !
And really hope you produce the same amount off eggs so you can have lots of chances :) xxxxxxxx

Thanks huni!! So excited yet nervous! Hopefully we'll have the same response and get some of my stubborn eggies to fertilize!

This will be our last shot as were about broke! Im going to try to loose weight in the next month or so too, need to shed about a stone and a half!

Hows life treating u and ur lil family? xxxx

Hi

Wishing you lots of luck for your next cycle plex xx

We are waiting for our consultation at St marys so hopefully out first cycle could be october/November. No idea what to expect.

Hi Plex,

I'll hang out with you for a while :). We won't start IVF process until October since the doctor only does ER and ET on odd months of the year. Plus, we are going on a one last big vacation next month and will be gone for a whole month. Plus, I need to have a surgery first for tubal ligation. So here I am, just waiting..waiting and more waiting :).

I am sorry to hear that your first 3 IVFs did not work. But, my doctor said yesterday that FET actually works better than fresh. So FX, the fourth time is it for you! I am also trying to loose some weight before we start the whole process. I figure I have a couple of months to try. But once we start, the doctor doesn't want me to worry about losing weight since it put stress on the body. I am starting BCP at the end of this month and this will be our first IVF :). I am looking forward to it! :)

:hi: Kaye+ Ilovetomatoes!

Kaye - Any questions just ask away :D Good luck for your consultation hun, its so much to take in. Make sure you take a note pad and pen to jot anything down you may forget :thumbup: they generally give you a load of paperwork/info anyway but it doesnt hurt to be prepared :) I hope you get ur appointment through asap! xx

Ilovetomatoes - Im thinking i'll be starting more like the middle/end of October now as hubby has to have karotyping test done + Cystic fybrosis screening, those tests take up to 10weeks to come back!! So that takes us to mid october straight away :( Looking back in my diary (ies) my karotyping/cf bloods took 9 and a half weeks to come back so we have a wait for sure :(

Ooooo I hope you have a nice holiday!! A whole month sounds lovely!

I hope your surgery goes smoothly when you get to it :hugs:

The whole process is exciting isnt it??? Its like finally this will work! We have help! I still get excited even after my failures - its good to look forward :) We've had so many tests and last cycle the only problem was the zero fertilization so im sure this cycle we will have cracked it!

I hope you are both lucky first timers for sure!:thumbup::hugs: Its exciting to have some buddies to go through this process with too xx

It's soooooo good that you have such a positive attitude! I really think that helps . Maybe it's a case of saving the best till last. I read that a lot of first ivf fail because you need to find out what works for your body. So hopefully they know everything now and you have the best chance of success. You sure deserve it xx

Thanks hun! :hugs: Some people are very lucky and get that first ivf success - i do hope you are one of those people! Im of the same opinion about ivf everyone is different so a slightly different approach works for each of us, sometimes though figuring out what works just takes a little longer for some of us :)

Although it better bloomin work this time as we've run outta cash!! :haha:

When do you go in for your consultation? xx

Are you self funding? That must be expensive.

Well we had all blood redone on 15th July and they said maximum of 12 weeks from there for consultation which is early October. Hubby goes for up to date sperm analysis on 20th August and then we should receive the appointment after that. So just another waiting game.

How long have you been ttc? We have been trying since October 2009, got referred had all tests to be told I was to overweight for any help so for the last 18 months I have been working hard to lose weight. I have now lost 4 stone 12 lb and finally have bmi of 29! SO they can't say no to me now! Even though they have said to try to lose more!

Well done u!!!! :happydance: 4 Stone 12lb is AWESOME!!!!! bet ur dead chuffed!! :hugs: That bmi is good too - I know what u mean about loosing weight though, every time i go in the doc always goes on about my weight and at the moment im not too bad :shrug: kinda annoys me as other people i know get up the duff and weigh a lot more and have worse lifestyles!

I have to say though getting ourselves in the 'right place' physically speaking can only be for the best?

we are private funding :grr: here you only get one 'go' on the nhs. Pees me right off as we had our son with minimal intervention and that was classed as our 'go'. We tried for 4.5 years to get him and are so lucky! - he's our miracle considering all the problems we have discovered ttc#2 :cloud9:

we've spent quite a bit - i keep all reciepts but darednt tot it all up! But i will give it a go now.....we did 12 cycles of clomid + trigger = (£40ish per trigger shot + £100 for all clomid) 400 for the first cycle monitoring wise.

The first ivf was an egg sharing cycle, so free ivf and meds - we paid for extra meds though totalling about £300.
2nd ivf was free as we donated all the eggs - paid for meds though at about £700. Oh we also had use of the embryoscope at £360
last ivf cost 4,500 or there abouts - we borrowed money from my mum.
this cycle will be about the same :shrug: there have been other costs, for bloods tests and procedures etc so id say in total about 15,000 including car parking, time off work etc. DAMN.....now i know why ive out off doing that :(

couldve damn near paid our mortgage off with that!!

We started trying for #2 nov 2011 so coming up to 3 years. I was scared it would take 4.5years again so wanted to start asap, but now i just think it may never happen :(

12 weeks is a long time! I really hope u get a call for the consultation before then and if not that you get started asap after it! How does ur hubby feel about doing his 'bit' I think men always feel so much pressure by it all.

I really hope u both dont have to wait for too long! xx

Hi Ladies,

I finally caught up with all the posts :).

Plex, I am surprise that your IVF doesn't automatically include ICSI.

So far, we've done all the basic tests. Blood tests, SA, and HSG. Hubby needs to do another SA for Kruger's Strict Morphology testing and I will have an U/S on Monday...I think. According to our IVF doc, the Kruger's test will determine whether or not they will need to do ICSI so we don't have to waste time and eggs. If the sperm doesn't pass the Kruger's test, then they will strictly do ICSI without even trying for a natural insemination. I am okay with the whole thing. I just want a baby at this point. The doc did tell me that he would be going through the aggressive route with us because of my age (I will be 39 in a month :)) but to tell him if I change my mind.

I hear you on how expensive this whole process is. Luckily, the majority of the blood tests and surgery is covered by our insurance and we only have to pay $25. But, we have to pay off the whole IVF procedure (without doc's fees and medication but included ICSI and Assisted Hatching if necessary) before they put our name on November list. It hurts a bit to surrender $12k but I am sure in the end it will all be worth it :).

I was talking to my IVF doc, well..actually my husband asked the question, regarding weight. My BMI is 32 and we asked if it needs to be lower. He said not to worry about it. If I can loose the weight, great! If not, he doesn't want me to stress about it. He did mention that women with lower BMI have lower success in IVF. He said he doesn't know why but it's true with a lot of his patient.

So ladies, don't worry too much about it :). Hey, maybe we can be weight loss buddies while waiting for our IVFs :D. I have nothing else going on beside waiting for the whole process to start.

I am worried about the medication though. I am very sensitive to medication so hopefully it won't make me sick much. Plus, taking time off work for the necessary every other day scan after I start the injections.

We just started TTC last November so not too long ago. Even that, it feels like a long and emotional journey already. And that's nothing compare to both of you. Yaay to both of you for being strong women!

Hope you ladies are doing good and enjoying your weekend :).

I guess I'll join too
Going back in Sept for my first FET cycle, I hope. I have to re-do my physical this month and hopefully it'll be OK.
Ilovetomatoes, 12k is about the same they quoted us for a fresh cycle with ICSI and assisted hatching too. Did you just get one cycle? In the end we went for the risk-sharing program and I'm glad we did now since my fresh cycle this spring proved to be such a disaster... Luckily, I got two frosties out of it!

Plex, I wish you lots of luck. Four cycles, wow!

Kaye, good luck to you too! You have plenty of time to get ready for your first go.

Hi everyone! We'll be doing icsi try3 in october. I was wondering whether or not it was too early to start an October thread but you beat me to it :D
This is what we're doing differently next time-
-endometrial scratch
-not egg sharing (we did that on both of our other cycles)
-2 weeks unpaid leave and 1 week annual leave during stims, ER and ET leaving me loads of time for this forum ; )

Wishing everyone lots of :dust: and :bfp:'s!!
Xxx

Hi,

We'll also be doing our 3rd icsi cycle in early Oct. Have booked in pre appointments for Sept and emotions are kicking in again already...excitement, fear, worry.

I will also be having a scratch for the 1st time and I'm hopeful about the stats I've read!

Wishing everyone lots of luck. I found this forum a real support during previous cycles as it's so lovely to share with people who really understand what we go through!
Xx

Hi Morana, yes. That's for 1 cycle only. If that cycle fail, then FET is another $5k. However, my IVF doc said that FET actually works better than fresh. We weren't offered any egg sharing program. Plus, DH is uncomfortable with that idea.

Jungle, I am jealous of your time off! :D I wish I have more time to take off from work :).

Hi Bumpsparkle :)

We weren't offered any egg sharing program. Plus, DH is uncomfortable with that idea.
LOL, no, not egg-sharing, we are uncomfortable with that idea at this stage ourselves. I meant risk-sharing program, our office offers one where we pay for 2 fresh+2 frozen cycles but the total cost comes out a little lower that 2 fresh would be.

Hi Bumpsparkle and Jungleland! Good luck on your cycles, 3rd time must be the charm :)

Ohhh..that sounds great! I don't think they offered anything like that for our hospital. They only offered a good deal if you do 1 embryo transfer only then you can transfer 2 more times for free if you qualify. Unfortunately, due to my age, I am not qualified for those. grrr..

Can I join? We will be having or #1 ICSI in early October (I think) just waiting on my blood test this week for FSH level..
My BMI was 27 at my last appointment but I think it's crept up to 28 now as I can't stop eating ..! (I think it's nerves) so I really could do with losing a stone before we start but I just cannot get the motivation!!!

Chimmi, Hi! :wave: :)

I thought you are going to start sooner than October? Hmm..might mistaken you with someone else :).

It's so easy to gain weight. Usually it only takes 2 days for me! hahahaha. But losing the weight, boy oh boy. 1 week to loose 2lbs if I am lucky! You can do it Chimmi!

Hi everyone! What a great mix of ladies, let's make the time fly to October with lots of chat :) :hugs:
I'm looking forward to my time off, I struggled with managing work stress and ivf stress last time, despite my manager knowing what I was doing.
Just need to be careful watching the pennies, because 2 weeks without pay is a lot! But want to fill my stimming days with nice things, spending time with my mum who's retired and friends on mat leave or who work part time.
Definitely hoping 3rd time lucky xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->