Icsi/ivf Success Storys

A

Angeldust

Hi girls

This thread is for them who have had success with icsi/ivf
if you have had success with icsi/ivf then leave your story here for us all to read :)

:hug:

Thought I'd start off.

We had ICSI two years :)shock: Woah!) ago. We had male factor problems (low motility) and I didn't ovulate every month. I was 33 and DH 39 at the time and we'd been trying actively for 2 years although we'd never used contraception throughout the 5 years we'd been together at that point.

I'd first started TTC with an ex when I was 26 for a couple of years so although technically I hadn't been TTC all that long, I knew there would most likely be a problem and was gradually going more and more bonkers with every passing AF.

I kept a diary which I found really helpful for venting which you can read here https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/403-diary-ivfer.html

TWW was pretty traumatic as the day after ET my MIL started passing blood and was eventually admitted to hospital and nearly died on the operating table. Talk about mixed feelings as I got a call from the ACU to say that we had some embies to freeze and DH was at hospital trying to support his Dad. She spent about 6 weeks in intensive care but she's out now. Not quite as good as new but Charlotte and Thomas have a Grandma all the same. We spent most nights going to intenstive care, injecting anywhere we could dragging ourselves home and grabbing something to eat before collapsing into bed. I got myself signed off work and that helped.

I'd say I was 90% convinced that it hadn't worked and couldn't have worked after everything. It was the most incredible moment to be told we were pregnant and even more amazing a few weeks later to find out we were having twins.

I know I am the luckiest woman alive. It worked first time, both of the little embies stuck and I have one of each. I promised myself that I would never complain about being pregnant and I would never moan about early mornings or baby sick or anything. I can't say that that's worked in reality, some days are exhausting but I love and adore them both with all my heart. Sometimes I feel that I will just burst with it. They are my absolute world and that is something that is more wonderful than I ever imagined.

Thought I'd start off.

We had ICSI two years :)shock: Woah!) ago. We had male factor problems (low motility) and I didn't ovulate every month. I was 33 and DH 39 at the time and we'd been trying actively for 2 years although we'd never used contraception throughout the 5 years we'd been together at that point.

I'd first started TTC with an ex when I was 26 for a couple of years so although technically I hadn't been TTC all that long, I knew there would most likely be a problem and was gradually going more and more bonkers with every passing AF.

I kept a diary which I found really helpful for venting which you can read here https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/403-diary-ivfer.html

TWW was pretty traumatic as the day after ET my MIL started passing blood and was eventually admitted to hospital and nearly died on the operating table. Talk about mixed feelings as I got a call from the ACU to say that we had some embies to freeze and DH was at hospital trying to support his Dad. She spent about 6 weeks in intensive care but she's out now. Not quite as good as new but Charlotte and Thomas have a Grandma all the same. We spent most nights going to intenstive care, injecting anywhere we could dragging ourselves home and grabbing something to eat before collapsing into bed. I got myself signed off work and that helped.

I'd say I was 90% convinced that it hadn't worked and couldn't have worked after everything. It was the most incredible moment to be told we were pregnant and even more amazing a few weeks later to find out we were having twins.

I know I am the luckiest woman alive. It worked first time, both of the little embies stuck and I have one of each. I promised myself that I would never complain about being pregnant and I would never moan about early mornings or baby sick or anything. I can't say that that's worked in reality, some days are exhausting but I love and adore them both with all my heart. Sometimes I feel that I will just burst with it. They are my absolute world and that is something that is more wonderful than I ever imagined.

Thats amazing and read your diary had tears in my eyes with happiness for you :) and your poor mil :hugs:

So both your eggs was 7 cell and grade 1 am i right ??

most people say that blasts are much better for a bfp but my hospital wont wait till blast they say
you have more chance of losing the egg and they like to get them in as soon as possible

I am gonna see if they will let them got to 7 like yours :)
my last icsi i had lots of follies and only got 3 eggs :( 2 fertilised and they was put back in at cell 6 and cell 2
but got bfn .. hoping for a bfp this time round :) start treatment on the 10th november
wow you got lots of eggs didnt yeah that was fab :)

Thats amazing and sad ... really happy for you blimey did you say you nearly died :hugs:
do you know what grade cell your eggs was when they was put back in hun
most people reckon that blasts are much better and you get a bfp but my hospital wont wait till blast they say
you have more chance of losing the egg and they like to get them in as soon as possible

No MIL (Mother In Law) not me.

They weren't at blastocyst stage. Around 8 cells I think. A couple of our frosties are blastocysts though.

Thats amazing and sad ... really happy for you blimey did you say you nearly died :hugs:
do you know what grade cell your eggs was when they was put back in hun
most people reckon that blasts are much better and you get a bfp but my hospital wont wait till blast they say

No MIL (Mother In Law) not me.

They weren't at blastocyst stage. Around 8 cells I think. A couple of our frosties are blastocysts though.

:dohh: i edited my post i am a gonk :dohh: sorry hun
I loved your diary i love happy endings i was waiting for the bit where you found out you was having twins :( Lol :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->