ICSI & IVF Thread & 2ww Come and join GIRLS !!!

I have a question for those who have down regulated before ...

I have been having a heavy sensation in my lower abdomen - very similar to those before AF shows up - which I would expect to get before I bleed this cycle. I also have very mild stabbing pains at different times during the day. I'm just wondering if this is my imagination or are these side effects from the medication?? Otherwise, so far so good.

:hug:

Hey ladies,
I had my doctor appointment yesterday.
I had given Suprefact and was told to start the injections today(11 Nov 08).
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Good luck strawberry199!!! Let us know how everything's going during your treatment and we will be crossing everything so you have the perfect cycle!!! :)

Maz - are you down regging or stimming right now? I can't remember for sure, but i'm pretty sure I didn't have pains when I was down regging, but around 10 days after stimming (I was a late and poor responder so you may get this earlier) I could definitely feel my ovaries. It felt like a niggling/tugging sensation.

Good luck to all the girls cycling right now, I hope we have lots of :bfp:'s!

I should be joining you all soon, just waiting on AF. I'm not stimming through, we're doing a FET with our one and only embie...if this doesn't work, its another stim cycle which I will NOT be looking forward to!

Hi FJL

I've been down regging for two weeks now and go for my first scan tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll start stimming from tomorrow. The heavy sensation only lasted a couple of days and I got AF as usual, so I'm guessing it was just me getting ready for AF.

I was going to ask if you needed to take any drugs for your FET or do they just transfer at the optimum time? Good luck for your treatment - I hope it works for you.

xx

Best of luck for your scan and stim shots Maz.

You can either do a natural or HRT (hormones) FET. Because I O, we'll be doing natural. Our embie is a 5do blastocyst, so it will be transfered 5 days after ovulation. The only thing I have to take during this cycle will be progesterone pessareis and they're supposed to be really gross. Yay me!

Thanks FJL - did you not use the pessaries the last time? I have cyclogest pessaries to use twice a day for a fortnight after ET - provided all goes to plan and we get that far. I'll have to stock up on panty liners I think ...

I used a different prog support last time. It was crinone, which is an applicator that you insert and squirt the cream 'up there'. There was some 'backfow' (for lack of a better word LOL) but it wasn't too bad.

I'm officially on board :D

AF arrived today, so i'm looking at a transfer somewhere between 1st-3rd December.

How exciting. Fingers crossed for the best crimbo pressie ever!!

:dust:

hi all i will be starting my first icsi cycle down regulating drugs just before christmas and then the stimulating ones around the 12th of jan.i think ive got to have injections in my tummy for down reg and in my leg for stimulating drugs.

im starting the down reg injections around about christmas the stimulating drugs on the 12th.anyne having these injections around the time i am.?:hug:

Hi ladies!

Just found out we have a male factor issue and are looking to see about ICSI very soon....only found out yesterday...so still coming to terms with it....even though we have a 4yr old who was concieved very quickly we still want to have another child....

Anyway was wondering if I could join you?

Hi everyone! i have recently been told our only option is IVF!Due to Severe Endo and blocked tube. We have decided to go ahead with it. Im curious as its all new to me. What is ICSI? Verses just IVF? And what does blastocysts mean?
Anyone?
Anyone else Going throught IVF with Severe endo?
thanks ladies!!!:thumbup::hugs:

im starting the down reg injections around about christmas the stimulating drugs on the 12th.anyne having these injections around the time i am.?:hug:

Hi there , just curious as to what the down reg injections are?:thumbup:

Hi everyone! i have recently been told our only option is IVF!Due to Severe Endo and blocked tube. We have decided to go ahead with it. Im curious as its all new to me. What is ICSI? Verses just IVF? And what does blastocysts mean?
Anyone?

:hi: ihavefaith! ICSI is part of IVF, and in order to have ICSI you have to have IVF. ICSI is when they take it a step further and instead of placing the sperm and eggs in a dish and letting them fertilize on their own like with normal IVF, they actually manually inject a single sperm into each egg. I had to have ICSI because my DH's sperm count was very low.
Blastocyst is a day 5 embryo that has been fertilized and is observed for a full 5 days before transferring back to the womb, it's the term for a 5 day embryo.

Down-regulating is when you are placed on injections or other medications to stop your natural cycle from happening, kinda like a temporary menopause.

I see some new ladies have joined the group! Want to wish you all much success as you journey through your IVF/ICSI cycles! :hugs::hugs:

Anyone?

:hi: ihavefaith! ICSI is part of IVF, and in order to have ICSI you have to have IVF. ICSI is when they take it a step further and instead of placing the sperm and eggs in a dish and letting them fertilize on their own like with normal IVF, they actually manually inject a single sperm into each egg. I had to have ICSI because my DH's sperm count was very low.
Blastocyst is a day 5 embryo that has been fertilized and is observed for a full 5 days before transferring back to the womb, it's the term for a 5 day embryo.

Down-regulating is when you are placed on injections or other medications to stop your natural cycle from happening, kinda like a temporary menopause.

I see some new ladies have joined the group! Want to wish you all much success as you journey through your IVF/ICSI cycles! :hugs::hugs:

Thankyou so much for the info!!! Everyones been so helpful here! So i will be starting my (down-Regulating injections tommorow then), My FS just called in a Supressant, so im new to all the terms!hehe. Im so happy for you, and i pray we all get BFP's Soon!!!!:thumbup::hugs:

Maz - are you down regging or stimming right now? I can't remember for sure, but i'm pretty sure I didn't have pains when I was down regging, but around 10 days after stimming (I was a late and poor responder so you may get this earlier) I could definitely feel my ovaries. It felt like a niggling/tugging sensation.

Good luck to all the girls cycling right now, I hope we have lots of :bfp:'s!

I should be joining you all soon, just waiting on AF. I'm not stimming through, we're doing a FET with our one and only embie...if this doesn't work, its another stim cycle which I will NOT be looking forward to!

Welcome back FJL, in a very nice way :happydance:. Hope the Sydney weather is treating you well. Cant wait to support you through this cycle. Bring on 2010!!

Dilek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->