Ideas what to put in advent calander

twinklestar25

Reaction score
I’ve gotten wooden advent calanders this yr for the first time and I’m just trying to think what to put in them, I have 2 boys 7&4. So far I’ve come up with pound coins, choc, Christmas badges. I thought about doing little tickets for things but not sure yet as we’re already going to center parcs.

Any ideas what to put in?

Lego figures (can buy knock off sets on Amazon)
Marbles
Self inking xmas stamps
Stickers
Temporary tattoos
Figures out of Busy book sets

My wooden calender as lovely as it is (gingerbread house) has such small drawers I can just about fit a little chocolate ball in!

Like the ideas of a pound coin though, can do that on a Friday so they can go to the shop after school.

You could do little rolled up "tickets" for just nice little things you're doing that weekend, like if you were going to a Christmas market or something you could draw/print a little "ticket" that they must remember to bring to that and stuff like that.
Obviously cheap pocket money toys. Rubbers/sharpeners.
Stickers.
Keyrings to go on rucksacks.
Little foiled Christmas chocolates (can buy a net bag of chocolate reindeers in primark for 90p). (Two for the kids, the rest for you haha)

Blind bags
Stamps
Chocolate coins
I love the idea of temporary tattoos!

I'm putting shopkins in DD1's (for cost reasons, they will be fake), unsure about DD2.

Money in each one? 20p/50p so they can buy a treat with them?
Depending on the size of the drawers - party bag fillers?
Stickers
Chocolate coins
A puzzle piece (so the whole calendar makes a picture at the end)

I've heard of people putting numbered tickets in the drawers, then having some presents wrapped up and numbered, so a bit like a raffle.

Guess that's a good idea if you can't find many small things to fit in the drawers.

Some great ideas. I need to get away from the chocolate aspects as my two get far too many treats and their behaviour is showing!

I'm putting shopkins in DD1's (for cost reasons, they will be fake), unsure about DD2.

Money in each one? 20p/50p so they can buy a treat with them?
Depending on the size of the drawers - party bag fillers?
Stickers
Chocolate coins
A puzzle piece (so the whole calendar makes a picture at the end)

Love the puzzle piece idea. We have a wooden one that doesnt get used because the kids really dont need any more chocolate, but will try to find a nice winter themed puzzle to do this with. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->